• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like according too Kev we was very close to another one and it's fallen through. Maybe that was Waldron not sure but he definitely played for rushal today despite some people saying he didn't so that looks a way off maybe?

Sounds like according too Kev we was very close to another one and it's fallen through. Maybe that was Waldron not sure but he definitely played for rushal today despite some people saying he didn't so that looks a way off maybe?
If its fallen through at the last moment, perhaps one or two people might reflect on the stick they have been dishing out today. Someone who mentioned humble pie could even take a bite himself (first time for everything).

This is the kind of thing that we all know can happen. There could be a million reasons why a transfer could fall through - from the mrs not wanting to move, to a failed medical or any number of things. Its not as easy as 'we want this person, so we expect them in the door in a couple of days'. Anything can go wrong, right up to the moment the pen hits the paper (and quite often after then too...).

Probably just watching his mate Zak Brunt.
Whilst we'd all love him back, indeed he was watching Zak whilst also catching up with some friends on both sides. Can't read into anything else for him being there.

We had a good catch up at half time and he said how much he loved his time at Roots Hall and he's pleased the takeover is sorted. Disappointed how this season has gone (only played once) but hoping to have a better second half of the season. I did comment that at least it's his best season for not getting booked at least!!

Ben Coker's dad also passed his regards onto the Shrimpers. Another one delighted that the rat has gone!

Whilst we'd all love him back, indeed he was watching Zak whilst also catching up with some friends on both sides. Can't read into anything else for him being there.

We had a good catch up at half time and he said how much he loved his time at Roots Hall and he's pleased the takeover is sorted. Disappointed how this season has gone (only played once) but hoping to have a better second half of the season. I did comment that at least it's his best season for not getting booked at least!!

Ben Coker's dad also passed his regards onto the Shrimpers. Another one delighted that the rat has gone!
You seem to have a hotline to all the players and their families, and they seem very happy to go into all sorts of detail in a series of long chats (going by recent posts). How come? Most of us plebs don't get anywhere near them - certainly not for a nice long chat.

One Thing never changes, until their picture with the scarf goes on the site it's speculation. I was excited Thinking we'd have some more bodies for the game, but nothing is done until they are gurning with a scarf

“We tried ever so hard but one was out of our hands in the end,” said Maher. Shame it couldn’t get over the line onto other options I guess this was regarding Waldron

You seem to have a hotline to all the players and their families, and they seem very happy to go into all sorts of detail in a series of long chats (going by recent posts). How come? Most of us plebs don't get anywhere near them - certainly not for a nice long fireside chat.
Not really.

My wife and I have been friends with Zak and his family for a long time so I see him when I can. Obviously didn't want him to do well today! But he always asks about Southend and loved his time with us.

Nealy is his best mate so that's the link, and how I've got to know him and a few others. Zaks the one who recommended him to us when he came. That's it really.

They're just normal lads really outside of football and all approachable.

I think it’s pretty clear that the restrictions that have been placed on the club have been lifted at the worst possible time what with Xmas/NY period and then the FL transfer window opening any day. Clubs aren’t going to want to let go of players as there might be active interest elsewhere and with games coming thick and fast, they will be quite happy to wait a week or two before agreeing a deal.

I think the 2 1-0 losses to Barnet should hopefully “temper” expectations and I’d rather we’d make the right signings with an Eye to the next 2 years in mind, rather than 2 months. We want to get players in who can improve the side and also be able to make the step up to L2 where possible not just for the “here and now” .

Why does it look unlikely?
If Waldron was the name to sign yesterday he would not have gone back and played for his current club. Unless the deal fell through.
Think he was here to sign, but something wasn’t right. Either the club had maybe health or other concerns about Waldron. Possible he had second thoughts on the move.

If Waldron was the name to sign yesterday he would not have gone back and played for his current club. Unless the deal fell through.
Think he was here to sign, but something wasn’t right. Either the club had maybe health or other concerns about Waldron. Possible he had second thoughts on the move.
Didn't mention any names but Kev suggested clubs were being difficult with one or two we're trying to get in. I'm guessing that includes Waldron. So frustrating...

Didn't mention any names but Kev suggested clubs were being difficult with one or two we're trying to get in. I'm guessing that includes Waldron. So frustrating...
Judging by the talk that it was all but done and then he ends up playing for them, makes you think the selling club are playing hard ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back