• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
A
From what I understand is one player has signed, but the registration hasn’t been approved by the NL/FA yet.

Said player, and I won’t mention names, has signed a contract and has done his medical/photos, but registration hasn’t gone through.

Not sure if the second player I hinted at has signed anything yet, so can’t comment with any certainty on that one.

Let’s all calm down, and enjoy the football, before we start hammering ITK, although it’s too late for that. No wonder less of them are posting. I put myself out there, and it hasn’t happened and I can only apologise, however remember I have no control over what has or hasn’t happened. It’s not my fault the line up is unchanged and we only have one new face through the door.

As I’ve said before, I know by putting information out there I’m there to be shot at, and I’m happy to just go back to commenting as a fan, which is what I am first and foremost.

Much easier to laugh at the ITK and claim “1-0 to the ITK”. I’ve certainly got a lot more right than I have wrong, and like with Lomas, I’m happy to hold my hands up.

I’m as disappointed as anyone about more new players not being through the door, but it is what it is I’m afraid.
ALfie Lewis question- Is international Clearance needed?

But it's nothing to do with where the player is from/born, it's what country's FA he was playing under last and which one he is moving to.

I believe, and please anyone that knows, correct me if need be, it's a FIFA regulation.
Correct.

If the player's registration is held by a non-English club then he'll need international clearance to move to an English club.

From what I understand is one player has signed, but the registration hasn’t been approved by the NL/FA yet.

Said player, and I won’t mention names, has signed a contract and has done his medical/photos, but registration hasn’t gone through.

Not sure if the second player I hinted at has signed anything yet, so can’t comment with any certainty on that one.

Let’s all calm down, and enjoy the football, before we start hammering ITK, although it’s too late for that. No wonder less of them are posting. I put myself out there, and it hasn’t happened and I can only apologise, however remember I have no control over what has or hasn’t happened. It’s not my fault the line up is unchanged and we only have one new face through the door.

As I’ve said before, I know by putting information out there I’m there to be shot at, and I’m happy to just go back to commenting as a fan, which is what I am first and foremost.

Much easier to laugh at the ITK and claim “1-0 to the ITK”. I’ve certainly got a lot more right than I have wrong, and like with Lomas, I’m happy to hold my hands up.

I’m as disappointed as anyone about more new players not being through the door, but it is what it is I’m afraid.
Please keep posting it’s a shame it hasn’t happened YET no more always reliable

The kid’s from Leigh on Sea, just shows the bull***t bureaucracy the FA employs…
I don't think international clearance is about checking he's eligible to play in England (obviously a player from Leigh is), it's more about checking that there aren't any outstanding issues at the club he's coming from (e.g. the player actually has permission to leave their current club).

I'm not saying photos WERE taken yesterday, but if they were, then you just need to separate the act of signing a player to a contract, and the act of registering them in time to play.

I believe Kensdale's signing photos were taken weeks or even months before his signing was announced, because he'd signed the contract and officially transferred to us but we couldn't register him.
But how can we sign players we can’t register due to an embargo, if you can’t negotiate under an embargo in the first place? Seems very odd indeed you can’t at least discuss transfers with players and clubs when under embargo, as you point out, we’ve even signed them in the past whilst under embargo and not been able to register them.

Of course I may very well be wrong.

Quite- frustrating it is but stuff happens- we surely understand that much. And we never get to know what the hold up was.

But how can we sign players we can’t register due to an embargo, if you can’t negotiate under an embargo in the first place? Seems very odd indeed you can’t at least discuss transfers with players and clubs when under embargo, as you point out, we’ve even signed them in the past whilst under embargo and not been able to register them.

Of course I may very well be wrong.
I'm not referring to an inability to register because of an embargo. I'm referring to an inability to register in time for today because it's Christmas and the NL/FA were likely running a skeleton staff between Christmas and NY/finished work early yesterday.

Well that was underwhelming. On today’s evidence we need at least two and maybe even a third new striker. Sandat nowhere near good enough although it’s a tough ask up front as a lone 9. We need mobile forwards to break the defensive lines. Way too easy for Barnet to defend against today.

I'm not referring to an inability to register because of an embargo. I'm referring to an inability to register in time for today because it's Christmas and the NL/FA were likely running a skeleton staff between Christmas and NY/finished work early yesterday.
Ok- that I can unfortunately believe. I guess it wasn’t Waldron anyway as if he’d signed he wouldn’t have been playing for Rushall and risking injury.maybe the CB (which would have made zero difference today). Or maybe Waldron isn’t the forward afterall..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back