• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the frustration but the people who post info no doubt have good reason to believe that signings will be made/ announced at a particular time. They are not making stuff up just to annoy or disappoint people
I don't know how else to say it because the point still stands.

Judging by the amount of posters saying the same thing, the signing probably will happen.

The issue is saying "it'll happen before Saturday"

Then when it doesn't happen, falling back on "well there's a lot to get done and sometimes it doesn't happen in time"

Be accountable for what you're writing.

An example for you:

"I believe the signing will happen but I can't confirm the date it will do because of the number of variables to get us over the line"

The above example indicates there may be movement, but cautiously states don't expect by a certain date (as you don't have confirmed knowledge)

Insight shared, no over hype. Just good insider knowledge which is one of the things this site is for.

I don't know how else to say it because the point still stands.

Judging by the amount of posters saying the same thing, the signing probably will happen.

The issue is saying "it'll happen before Saturday"

Then when it doesn't happen, falling back on "well there's a lot to get done and sometimes it doesn't happen in time"

Be accountable for what you're writing.

An example for you:

"I believe the signing will happen but I can't confirm the date it will do because of the number of variables to get us over the line"

The above example indicates there may be movement, but cautiously states don't expect by a certain date (as you don't have confirmed knowledge)

Insight shared, no over hype. Just good insider knowledge which is one of the things this site is for.
Is it the desperation to be "the first" or the "one most right" etc.

Think ITKs have to realise the number of fans hanging on their word and as you say, be a bit more responsible with the knowledge they have.

Is it the desperation to be "the first" or the "one most right" etc.

Think ITKs have to realise the number of fans hanging on their word and as you say, be a bit more responsible with the knowledge they have.
You realise you don’t have to believe everything you read on the internet? I’ve heard there’s a Nigerian Prince with millions in inheritance - he needs someone to help him with it, if you’re interested?

Its so hard not to get sucked in each time isnt it :( Its the hope that kills.

Be interesting to hear from @BoyWonder2 in terms of what may have gone wrong. Pretty much confirmed other photos were done yesterday same time as Morton etc.

From what I understand is one player has signed, but the registration hasn’t been approved by the NL/FA yet.

Said player, and I won’t mention names, has signed a contract and has done his medical/photos, but registration hasn’t gone through.

Not sure if the second player I hinted at has signed anything yet, so can’t comment with any certainty on that one.

Let’s all calm down, and enjoy the football, before we start hammering ITK, although it’s too late for that. No wonder less of them are posting. I put myself out there, and it hasn’t happened and I can only apologise, however remember I have no control over what has or hasn’t happened. It’s not my fault the line up is unchanged and we only have one new face through the door.

As I’ve said before, I know by putting information out there I’m there to be shot at, and I’m happy to just go back to commenting as a fan, which is what I am first and foremost.

Much easier to laugh at the ITK and claim “1-0 to the ITK”. I’ve certainly got a lot more right than I have wrong, and like with Lomas, I’m happy to hold my hands up.

I’m as disappointed as anyone about more new players not being through the door, but it is what it is I’m afraid.

Reading between the lines by Maher's pre-match interview, an additional signing wasn't even close as some suggested. It seem awfully strange to have photos and a scarf held aloft and then play for Rushall today. I don't know where that info was found regarding photos etc. but seems very odd 'if' true.

The Waldron one is confusing, as I’m sure there were posts saying he’d signed, unless I’ve completely made that up, or others have.

Don't say its going to happen by a certain date then?

It's pretty simple really.

Grateful for the insight regarding players, their style of play / position etc.

But to say its going to be done before the game in 2 days time, when you clearly don't know, is a step too far.

I recommend finding another way to massage the ego , rather than posting on a fan site about time lines

To be clear, it's okay to say "We're linked with X Player"

It's not okay to say "It'll be done by saturday" when as we've seen again today, it hasn't been.
I am sure there are many others like me who do not mind at all reading about imminent signings which are later found to be not so imminent, for whatever reason.

When an ITK posts on here that something will soon happen he does it in good faith.

Because the ITK 's are on the outside when they receive information not readily available to all they are essentially spreading rumours when they post here.

In a way the whole point of much of SZ is to peddle rumours and long it may it continue.
And a big shout out for the ITK's who likely have, yet again, given us early notice of some interesting happenings.

The fact they missed out on the date specified bothers me not one bit but each to their own.

I do not want a rumour free SZ and suspect I am not the only one feeling that way.

From what I understand is one player has signed, but the registration hasn’t been approved by the NL/FA yet.

Said player, and I won’t mention names, has signed a contract and has done his medical/photos, but registration hasn’t gone through.

Not sure if the second player I hinted at has signed anything yet, so can’t comment with any certainty on that one.

Let’s all calm down, and enjoy the football, before we start hammering ITK, although it’s too late for that. No wonder less of them are posting. I put myself out there, and it hasn’t happened and I can only apologise, however remember I have no control over what has or hasn’t happened. It’s not my fault the line up is unchanged and we only have one new face through the door.

As I’ve said before, I know by putting information out there I’m there to be shot at, and I’m happy to just go back to commenting as a fan, which is what I am first and foremost.

Much easier to laugh at the ITK and claim “1-0 to the ITK”. I’ve certainly got a lot more right than I have wrong, and like with Lomas, I’m happy to hold my hands up.

I’m as disappointed as anyone about more new players not being through the door, but it is what it is I’m afraid.
I dont know what you do at/for the club (I would LOVE to lol) but I can pretty much know for sure if you say something its very good info.

Its obviously not your fault and would hope you continue to post bits you know.

But I think a lot of other ITKs have evolved the last 6-12 months and just baffles me where some of this info comes from and as I say, sure its the "race to be 1st" and hoping if they say enough **** it will stick to the wall at some point.

I dont know what you do at/for the club (I would LOVE to lol) but I can pretty much know for sure if you say something its very good info.

Its obviously not your fault and would hope you continue to post bits you know.

But I think a lot of other ITKs have evolved the last 6-12 months and just baffles me where some of this info comes from and as I say, sure its the "race to be 1st" and hoping if they say enough **** it will stick to the wall at some point.

I don’t work at the Club.

Don’t forget, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and there does seem to be a huge influx of people claiming to know stuff. Take it all with a pinch of salt.

With the defender, I’m 60/40 as to who it is, I was 80/20 but that’s changed. So I can say for certainy who it’ll be that is announce first on the defender front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back