• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont think anything has gone on behind the scenes? How long has it been rumoured Morton, Waldron and to a degree Crowther were "done"... weeks.

So hows that so?
I don't think you're fully gripping what I'm saying.

There must have been some things going on behind the scenes because the names have been floating around for ages.

But there is still a limit to how much can go on even "behind the scenes" under an embargo, and to be found to be in violation of embargo rules would have meant punishment.

That leaves the club with a lot of stuff to do still to get a signing over the line in the 48 hours between the embargo being lifted and the next match.

The ease of dealing with the selling club could be the difference between it happening and not. Quick agreement with WSM over Morton, but a bit of haggling with another club over another potential signing could make all the difference.

A player or agent making a last minute request for more money could similarly make all the difference in those 48 hours.

Easy to criticise the club, but it's not always as simple as you'd like it to be.

Normal service resumes on ShrimperMoan - pretty unbelievable
I am not sure that is fair in this scenario, all people have had to feed off is people giving information, and people have been told that signings would've flown in as soon as it was lifted, thus they did not and there is a few groans about it, I think it's completely fair.

- Yes I know 'ITKs' cannot control events.

Normal service resumes on ShrimperMoan - pretty unbelievable
Just ****ed off and disappointed. It'll pass I guess, but was a lot of excitement generated by a lot of people on here again that supposedly in the know and I'm sick of getting sucked in by it and let down 🤣

Really is mental if this is the case. 18 months in an embargo, 100s of players scouted, knowing for a couple of weeks that the end of the embargo is coming and not have everything lined up to get signings over the line when we have 1 sub recently ffs.
Surely it is more complicated than meeting a player in a pub and he signs the contract.
There is the other club to deal with, perhaps an agent also and sometimes law firms are involved as well.

Medicals also have to be arranged and when all is finalised the whole thing has to go through the NL bureaucracy.

The more people the process involves the more chance there are of delays and the time of year might not be ideal either.

We would hope the first transactions under the banner of the new ownership would not be blighted by incompetence but this is Southend after all and old habits might die hard!

I don't think you're fully gripping what I'm saying.

There must have been some things going on behind the scenes because the names have been floating around for ages.

But there is still a limit to how much can go on even "behind the scenes" under an embargo, and to be found to be in violation of embargo rules would have meant punishment.

That leaves the club with a lot of stuff to do still to get a signing over the line in the 48 hours between the embargo being lifted and the next match.

The ease of dealing with the selling club could be the difference between it happening and not. Quick agreement with WSM over Morton, but a bit of haggling with another club over another potential signing could make all the difference.

A player or agent making a last minute request for more money could similarly make all the difference in those 48 hours.

Easy to criticise the club, but it's not always as simple as you'd like it to be.
Yea its a fair point. Again, just annoyed at being built up on here to be something that doesnt then happen. We are all desperate to sign new players.

I'm sure we will get them over the line in the week. Was just like Christmas Eve today and then waking up to no presents (apart from one midfielder in your xmas eve box!)

This.

People saying "it doesnt happen that quick" when we were told by good reliable sources other photos and stuff were done yesterday shows that isnt the case.
I'm not saying photos WERE taken yesterday, but if they were, then you just need to separate the act of signing a player to a contract, and the act of registering them in time to play.

I believe Kensdale's signing photos were taken weeks or even months before his signing was announced, because he'd signed the contract and officially transferred to us but we couldn't register him.

Last edited:
I’m sure the ITKs are completely correct in who is likely to sign for us and when but they can’t control the exact chronology of events can they?!
Don't say its going to happen by a certain date then?

It's pretty simple really.

Grateful for the insight regarding players, their style of play / position etc.

But to say its going to be done before the game in 2 days time, when you clearly don't know, is a step too far.

I recommend finding another way to massage the ego , rather than posting on a fan site about time lines

To be clear, it's okay to say "We're linked with X Player"

It's not okay to say "It'll be done by saturday" when as we've seen again today, it hasn't been.

No one should be criticising the club for the lack of signings so soon after the embargo was lifted, for practiical reasons that should be obvious. Expectations have been unrealistically raised by self proclaimed 'in the know' posters and maybe from now on a large pinch of salt would be a suitable accompaniment to their future posts while they in turn might wish to partake of a generous slice of a certain kind of pie for their efforts to raise the temperature on here.

I'm not saying photos WERE taken last week, but if they were, then you just need to separate the act of signing a player to a contract, and the act of registering them in time to play.

I believe Kensdale's signing photos were taken weeks or even months before his signing was announced, because he'd signed the contract and officially transferred to us but we couldn't register him.
Difference is now, we CAN register them.

So if they at the ground, taking pics etc, you assume they are there to sign and just a matter of registering?

Kensdale situation was under very different circumstances.

No one should be criticising the club for the lack of signings so soon after the embargo was lifted, for practiical reasons that should be obvious. Expectations have been unrealistically raised by self proclaimed 'in the know' posters and maybe from now on a large pinch of salt would be a suitable accompaniment to their future posts while they in turn might wish to partake of a generous slice of a certain kind of pie for their efforts to raise the temperature on here.
Genuinely think I'm more annoyed at the info "leaked" on here, than the club tbf.

Its just deflating for nothing to happen.

I'm not saying photos WERE taken last week, but if they were, then you just need to separate the act of signing a player to a contract, and the act of registering them in time to play.

Not correct, he had images with a black eye received in training a few days prior at SUFC.

He went to concord Rangers Billericay game a few days later and was sporting the black eye.

Difference is now, we CAN register them.

So if they at the ground, taking pics etc, you assume they are there to sign and just a matter of registering?

Kensdale situation was under very different circumstances.
Yes, we can register them, but it relies on paperwork and office folk at the FA/NL. In the period between Christmas and New Year. IF anybody else was signed yesterday, then it was clearly a little bit too late to get them registered for today.

Not sure anyone's criticising the club for not signing the players, the frustration is "ITK's" saying it'll be done by the game today and it hasn't.
I get the frustration but the people who post info no doubt have good reason to believe that signings will be made/ announced at a particular time. They are not making stuff up just to annoy or disappoint people

Not correct, he had images with a black eye received in training a few days prior at SUFC.

He went to concord Rangers Billericay game a few days later and was sporting the black eye.
Fair, I stand corrected on that one, but it doesn't change my point.

I don't know for sure that anybody else signed yesterday but if they did, it doesn't automatically mean they'd be registered in time for the game today. Under normal circumstances, perhaps, but between Christmas and New Year? Perhaps not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back