• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really is mental if this is the case. 18 months in an embargo, 100s of players scouted, knowing for a couple of weeks that the end of the embargo is coming and not have everything lined up to get signings over the line when we have 1 sub recently ffs.
I think you might be overestimating what could be achieved before the contracts on the sale were finalised and embargo lifted. Lots and lots of window shopping but not a toe over the shop door threshold.

Really is mental if this is the case. 18 months in an embargo, 100s of players scouted, knowing for a couple of weeks that the end of the embargo is coming and not have everything lined up to get signings over the line when we have 1 sub recently ffs.
This isn't the first time we've been told the embargo was going to be lifted soon, only for it to not be, a couple of former signings ended up not being able to actually play football because of an embargo, setting their career back. If I was a player I probably wouldn't want to sign on the dotted line until it was actually confirmed that the embargo was no more.

Yeah dog **** planning. Plus why’s Morton on the bench, with a lot Of allegedly injured players, playing on.
Moreton should be starting.

You do realise that the National League embargo forbade the club from even NEGOTIATING with other clubs and players, let alone signing any, don't you?

Unless they wanted to run the risk of being found out breaking those rules, I think they quite literally couldn't "have everything lined-up to get signings over the line" immediately.

That's without going into how many top, top targets we've lost out on in the last 2-4 weeks alone...

This isn't the first time we've been told the embargo was going to be lifted soon, only for it to not be, a couple of former signings ended up not being able to actually play football because of that lie. If I was a player I couldn't blame them for not wanting to sign on the dotted line until it was actually confirmed.
It has been lifted though. We've just signed a new midfielder and given out new contracts. I guess the deals for further players just came a little too soon.

I think you might be overestimating what could be achieved before the contracts on the sale were finalised and embargo lifted. Lots and lots of window shopping but not a toe over the shop door threshold.
Well depends if you believe all the ITK peeps who said we had players standing by, virtually signed, just waiting to be registered etc.

If that was true, surely 3.5 days is enough to do that....

People need to remember the season is more than just today. Yeah we haven’t managed to sign for today’s game but we’ve got half a season to go yet. Please don’t get too disappointed

You do realise that the National League embargo forbade the club from even NEGOTIATING with other clubs and players, let alone signing any, don't you?

Unless they wanted to run the risk of being found out breaking those rules, I think they quite literally couldn't "have everything lined-up to get signings over the line" immediately.

That's without going into how many top, top targets we've lost out on in the last 2-4 weeks alone...
You dont think anything has gone on behind the scenes? How long has it been rumoured Morton, Waldron and to a degree Crowther were "done"... weeks.

So hows that so?

Things don’t happen that quickly no matter what people want. Chill. Things are on the up players will be bought in, have faith in a cracking back room team. Signing people isn’t that easy with variables such as national league, players traveling in this weather and festive period. Up the blues.

I hope some of these digs at no further signings aren't too serious ?
I'm sure everything possible has been done to recruit more for today but it hadn't happened.
Can't we just be positive for the huge steps forward in the past week ?
The negativity on here sometimes is baffling.
Welcome to SUFC Justin

Well depends if you believe all the ITK peeps who said we had players standing by, virtually signed, just waiting to be registered etc.

If that was true, surely 3.5 days is enough to do that....
Lots of people involved though. If it was just down to Tom and Kev we would have more available today I’m sure. Sometimes paperwork and other people involved delay things a bit.

Disappointing for today, but not the end of the world and we may get more signing news today - perhaps we weren’t lucky enough for the other parties to get things done quickly enough for further signings to be involved today.

I wasn’t aware of that, but how can players be “lined up” if we can’t negotiate? Perhaps it’s just poorly worded, but feels a bit misleading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back