• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can categorically confirm Neal will not be rejoining. He will be recalled and then will be moving on from Sheff Utd, but it won't be a team in this league.
That's a shame for us but good luck wherever he goes, I know a lot of us fans really rate him as a player who gave us 100% when he came in on loan and was a huge part in turning around the teams downward slide !

Why do we keep discussing ex players. Most of them when they come back never do as well. As a club we should have a progressive mindset not a sentimental one. Yes Vilhete has filled in and I am sure we would all thank him for that but I wouldn’t want to see him here next season as I think we can get better than him in. Crowhurst, Gard etc are all youth products who are doing well at lower levels but most of our youth players haven’t been good enough over the years although they have often been thrown in during very tough times. As a club we need to be more like Peterborough so we can self fund ourselves better. Sign up promising players with decent potential sell on value. Look at Maidenhead for example they nearly got £8m from the sell on for Max Kilman last summer, Bromley have a youngster possibly going championship/premier league just to name a couple. We have a great core of players who run through walls and I think rather than looking to players who have previously left us we need to be looking at adding a few quality signings to push us on to the next level. I don’t mean top players from league one like Wrexham but some of the ones we have been linked with such as Waldron, Crowther etc

I'd love to see Lewis Gard come back, always hoped he'd been sent away to get game time to get himself fully back up to scratch. Know he still sees some of our guys regularly. Similarly would love Harrison Neal back, absolute rolls royce of a player. Also Jayden Crowhurst - another I didn't want to let go.
Players who haven’t played for Southend are also available.

Who ever comes in it will be a bonus .We will be able to fill the bench .And have better options on match days .Also given time i would love to see us restart an under 21 team so we can bring our own young men along as we did before .Bck to the transfers ho ever kevin brings in we know it will be the right type of player .

I'd love to see Lewis Gard come back, always hoped he'd been sent away to get game time to get himself fully back up to scratch. Know he still sees some of our guys regularly. Similarly would love Harrison Neal back, absolute rolls royce of a player. Also Jayden Crowhurst - another I didn't want to let go.
Yeah let’s bring players back that weren’t good enough in the first place. Need to look forward and not back under this new era. Neal the only one i would have back

Why do we keep discussing ex players. Most of them when they come back never do as well. As a club we should have a progressive mindset not a sentimental one. Yes Vilhete has filled in and I am sure we would all thank him for that but I wouldn’t want to see him here next season as I think we can get better than him in. Crowhurst, Gard etc are all youth products who are doing well at lower levels but most of our youth players haven’t been good enough over the years although they have often been thrown in during very tough times. As a club we need to be more like Peterborough so we can self fund ourselves better. Sign up promising players with decent potential sell on value. Look at Maidenhead for example they nearly got £8m from the sell on for Max Kilman last summer, Bromley have a youngster possibly going championship/premier league just to name a couple. We have a great core of players who run through walls and I think rather than looking to players who have previously left us we need to be looking at adding a few quality signings to push us on to the next level. I don’t mean top players from league one like Wrexham but some of the ones we have been linked with such as Waldron, Crowther etc
There’s a difference between bringing back players on the way down, and bringing back someone like Lewis Gard, who at only 24 should be a player on the way up.

No movement on the @Smiffy rumour scale on the front page yet? Was hoping maybe for a medical on some of the green lights and a few new names added....

Yeah let’s bring players back that weren’t good enough in the first place. Need to look forward and not back under this new era. Neal the only one i would have back
Gard wasn't let go because he wasn't good enough but because he was still regaining match fitness following on from an horrific leg break. We didn't have the luxury of space within our squad at that time to keep a place open for him, nor did we have the luxury of a reserve team squad playing regular games for him to get match fit. Same to some extent, for Crowhurst. We had to pare back to the minimum, that was why they had to go.

Gard wasn't let go because he wasn't good enough but because he was still regaining match fitness following on from an horrific leg break. We didn't have the luxury of space within our squad at that time to keep a place open for him, nor did we have the luxury of a reserve team squad playing regular games for him to get match fit. Same to some extent, for Crowhurst. We had to pare back to the minimum, that was why they had to go.
They aren’t good enough if we want promotion to efl simple as that. Good young players that will do well somewhere else but imo we can do much better

With respect, having good sell on options on youth team players was one thing RM was always very astute with in the past. We made mega sums of money out of Hooper over the years, and did well on Hayden and others. When our reserve team and academy were fully functioning, it was all quite profitable.

Gard and Crowhurst both good enough in my opinion.

So far away from the action that I can't offer any views or preferences. All I would say is that I have total faith in our management trio to maintain and improve our team. They won't abuse their new found financial freedom and will build a squad slowly, methodically, organically, capable of getting us out of the hell hole in which we find ourselves. I'm sure they'll be encouraged to go out and express themselves on the pitch for the rest of this season and see where It takes us. More likely (realistically) is that the real push to regain League status will come next season and all new signing will be made with that in mind.

If he’s good enough and can take us to the next level (I have no idea, as I’ve not watched him play since he left) .. then he’ll be on the radar. As much as I liked Lewis, we need to be getting people in purely on football ability, not for sentimental reasons. I trust JS and team to get the right players in, with the right attributes and character.

If he’s good enough and can take us to the next level (I have no idea, as I’ve not watched him play since he left) .. then he’ll be on the radar. As much as I liked Lewis, we need to be getting people in purely on football ability, not for sentimental reasons. I trust JS and team to get the right players in, with the right attributes and character.
Oh absolutely, but by all accounts, Gard is totally ripping trees up at Tonbridge. That's why I'm keen that he be given that chance. Ok, it is only Tonbridge (without meaning any disrespect) but he should be bursting with confidence and at pretty good fitness levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back