• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just absolutely gutted Sandat isn’t ours anymore. Wanted to stay but the Rat ****ed it. Plays beyond his 18 years of age and has really got something about him. Times his runs well and his touch and vision is excellent. I think he’ll go far in the game, just sad it won’t be with us long term.

Sadly lacking in today's society is respect and loyalty.MV came to us when we needed help and thankfully did that.Yes he isn't what we really need to get out of this league but he can tide us over until we can bring in better players.
I agree on the loyalty issue, but there are other ways to reward loyalty. If he is surplus to requirements soon if we go on a splurge, our football department will find him a good move that suits him. That’s how we want to operate now, as a professionally run caring environment. That’ll be the difference.

FWIW I’d keep Vilhete around until the end of season as he’s been most valuable when off the bench to rest Bridge. He won’t command a big wage and as Sherif pointed out he’s well experienced and has been promoted out the division. A worth while utility player will come in handy for when the fixture congestion heats up from our re-arranged games.

A striker I wouldn’t mind us looking at but this is a long shot .. would be Junior Morais from notts where he’s not had much playing time at all .

I think he would be a smart addition on loan until end of season plus he knows this league very well . I wouldn’t of been surprised if we tried to sign him previously before he went there tbh ..
Yes, agreed. He would certainly add some much needed pace to the side. However, I suspect he's now on a decent wage at Notts and would also command a transfer fee (£50 - £75k?)

Yes, agreed. He would certainly add some much needed pace to the side. However, I suspect he's now on a decent wage at Notts and would also command a transfer fee (£50 - £75k?)

Yeah it unlikely for sure sadly unless we can pay some of wages and they can pay majority be only guess that if he is ever interested in joining obvs ..

You been finishing off the Xmas booze Danny? Happy New Year, by the way mate.
Actually no alcohol today, but I can see where you're coming from !
Just an old man reminiscing of a time when one , very unpredictable player , made me genuinely excited to watch him play.
Was also the time my son came to matches with me , before he sadly lost the bug , and I'll always remember how he idolised Bilel and the way he played.
Not everyone's cup of tea and I'm not here to defend him for his lapses , but he did make it very interesting to watch.
Met him twice with my son outside of match day , and as I'm sure others will testify , he was a very nice and engaging young man , with plenty of time for the young fans.

Anyway, enough of past times and on to a better future.
This is the best 'team of players' we've had for a very long time - genuinely excited

Right this could be absolutely nothing but on Football Web Pages, Danny Waldron isn’t on the list for top NLN scorers. Not sure how they would know he’s already signed but could be a sign?!
Yes, I saw that yesterday when I typed in National League North goalscorer. However, when I corrected myself and typed in National League North goalscorers Danny Waldron re-appeared as the leading goalscorer with 14 goals in that division.

A striker I wouldn’t mind us looking at but this is a long shot .. would be Junior Morais from notts where he’s not had much playing time at all .

I think he would be a smart addition on loan until end of season plus he knows this league very well . I wouldn’t of been surprised if we tried to sign him previously before he went there tbh ..

Someone we wanted to bring in previously. Probably wouldn’t have come here with Notts County in for him, but our interest was there too.

I agree on the loyalty issue, but there are other ways to reward loyalty. If he is surplus to requirements soon if we go on a splurge, our football department will find him a good move that suits him. That’s how we want to operate now, as a professionally run caring environment. That’ll be the difference.
The qualities required from at least one bench player are quite different from those of a starter. Someone like him who can play adequately in a number of positions has value. Is not assessing him as a potential starter somewhat missing the point? I think he adds a lot of value to a squad while at the same time (I am guessing here) being very affordable.

He might not start often if at all but gives the coaching staff any number of options as a sub.

I would be surprised if we do not make an effort to retain him provided his demands fit our budget.

Vilhete isn’t good enough unfortunately. Sentimental part of me feels he should be rewarded for showing up during a **** time for the club.. but then I just think we need to get guys in that are better than just willing to show up 🤷🏼‍♂️
Exactly this.

Deserves a contract until the end of the season, but if we're going to progress, as cutting as it sounds, you can't be sentimental. Football is a cut throat business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back