• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Bilel signed up.
Feed him raw/red meat.
Play him up front v Barnet.
First half hat trick ( as he got at Roots Hall ) 2012.
You been finishing off the Xmas booze Danny? Happy New Year, by the way mate.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves (well, some are). Let's show some respect to a player that has come to us and done his best when called upon.

FWIW, I think Vilhete deserves being kept on as a squad player, adding a bit of depth and a useful sub in the right circumstances.

He's also a handy sub seeing as he can come on in a number of positions.

Last edited:
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves (we'll, some are). Let's show some respect to a player that has come to us and done his best when called upon.

FWIW, I think Vilhete deserves being kept on as a squad player, adding a bit of depth and a useful sub in the right circumstances.

He's also a handy sub seeing as he can come on in a number of positions.
Well said, I totally agree. You forgot his aerial ability though :Winking:

He's as average as anything. Appreciate him filling in, but he's not the calibre of player we require to get out of this league.
It’s unlikely we’ll get out of the league this season anyway.

Vilhete won’t be on much money and would be a useful squad player for the rest of the season that can cover a number of positions, he probably won’t even make the bench most weeks. Is that sort of role really something you think we should be wasting money on a high calibre player for? Have we not learnt any lessons from our overspending in L1 a few years ago?

Quite a bit of disrespect being shown towards Vilhete.
I've liked what I've seen for the most part.
Would give him a contract until the end of the season.
Totally agree @Sherif H. He can't be judged on the last couple of games playing as an emergency forward alongside another emergency forward, as Sandat people seem to forget is only 18 & wouldn't be back if not for the crisis we've been in.

Vilhete is a very tidy footballer with good feet & quick enough. I think you'll find he's exactly the type player Kev will want to keep. Good pro who will take a squad place. We can't suddenly sign 10 new starters! Some people on here need their heads examined.

Quite a bit of disrespect being shown towards Vilhete.
I've liked what I've seen for the most part.
Would give him a contract until the end of the season.
100% would. Came in at arguably our lowest and having to have a dual registration is a sign of how low we got. Vastly experienced at this level and has filled in really well. Fully deserves a deal until end of season with an option.

When I was working as a Non Executive Director for the Medway Primary care Trust I was charged with undertaking an in depth public Health Study of all the Medway wards and make comparisons with National statistics

Gillingham Town centre area near the ground is pretty ugly/ However the large hinterland towards the North downs, including the Wards of Wigmore, Hempstead and Bredhurst are very wealthy and 2 at that time rated extremely highly on the National figures

Southend also demonstrated a larger number of poorer wards than Gillingham. So I do find it a little odd when folks wherever it is call x place a sh.. hole without the feintest idea

interesting, thanks.

I guess the Vilhete decision will be based on who we can sign and what depth it gives us for the rest of the season. I doubt he'll want to see out the season if he doesn't make the 16 each week but if we don't add many then he may be happy with the odd cameo

I get the feeling that we are a completely special case, and that they haven’t had to deal with this situation on many occasions, and they’ve had to deal with things they haven’t dealt with before.

I’d also suggest, we have been given a lot more leeway than we would have had we been a “smaller” club. Don’t forget, we regularly sell out away ends. Barnet is another sell out. The “smaller” clubs make a lot of money when we turn up in our numbers, which benefits them massively.

They have had to make things up as they go along, as we are, or were, a basket case.

Now, if we had just followed the rules, which I don’t think will be an issue under the new guys, then it would have made everything a lot easier for us and them. But that’s down to one man, and one man only. Not Stan, not TL, not Crate, RM and RM alone.
very well said. We need to remember it's Ron's fault, no one else's

I for one think we should keep Vilhete as a squad player to add depth - there’s definitely something there, I mean he’s not a striker and is being played as a striker so let’s give him a chance.

I must say, I don’t see how people saying they wouldn’t keep him is ‘disrespectful’, however. Opinions are opinions (of course within reason)

I’d like us to offer Vilhete a deal until the end of the season.

He can cover either wing-back position, and his explosiveness gives us a slightly different option in those areas.

Although, I don’t think he’s physical enough to play centrally, so hopefully we get some bodies in those areas soon to give us more depth.

Let's not forget that Vilhete has played in a few different positions throughout his career, and is basically a utility player - a rare commodity in this day and age.

He also has a good couple of hundred appearances at this level, and has been promoted out of the division.

Another, perhaps more benign benefit is that he always plays with a smile on his face - I imagine he is a very good egg in the changing room and at training.

I guess the second half of the season will probably be get a few players in to tide things over look for and line up future prospects and finally make assessments of some players who may not be required (or want to go)for next season, say players who have long term injuries .
I trust the coaching and recruitment team plus of course the soon to be new board ...

A striker I wouldn’t mind us looking at but this is a long shot .. would be Junior Morais from notts where he’s not had much playing time at all .

I think he would be a smart addition on loan until end of season plus he knows this league very well . I wouldn’t of been surprised if we tried to sign him previously before he went there tbh ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back