• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Vilehte has earned a job until the end of the season, he has played pretty much everywhere and has been as good as others in our thin squad
Isn't he Dual-Registration? So we'd need to agree with something with Hayes and Yeading I presume?

Tomorrow.
Contracts for current players announced....I think everyone gets one....maybe not vilethe.
Demi player coach role.
Then new faces get announced.
Vilhete isn’t good enough unfortunately. Sentimental part of me feels he should be rewarded for showing up during a **** time for the club.. but then I just think we need to get guys in that are better than just willing to show up 🤷🏼‍♂️

Vilhete isn’t good enough unfortunately. Sentimental part of me feels he should be rewarded for showing up during a **** time for the club.. but then I just think we need to get guys in that are better than just willing to show up 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agreed. I remember him playing in the league for Barnet many years ago and struck me as a similar player to Campbell Ryce. Unfortunately his best days are well behind him.

If we want to get out of this division the we have to aim higher.

Sentiment is nice but doesn't win promotion.

In Vilhete's case didn't he say he was hoping he could earn a contract here OR use his time here to earn a contract elsewhere.

I hope he gets the latter, as I agree he hasn't got enough to offer in a full strength squad here, but I will never forget what he has done for us when we needed him and will always wish him well.
He said in a recent interview with the Echo that he would like to end his playing career with us.

I'm happy for him to be included. He's played his part as all of them have. What you've said is what I fear, our bunch of hero's will soon be forgotten and we'll look for 'better' players that might mot have the same team ethic

I'm happy for him to be included. He's played his part as all of them have. What you've said is what I fear, our bunch of hero's will soon be forgotten and we'll look for 'better' players that might mot have the same team ethic

I don't think our management team will let that happen.

They are very clear about signing the right personality as much as the quality

Vilhete should be kept as a depth option. He's versatile and can be brought on to close games down.
what he said. We haven’t even signed anyone yet and we’re talking about getting rid?

He’s obviously cheap so I’d keep him as utility cover, last 10 off the bench when we’re slowing things down etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back