• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told earlier “don’t write today off” when I asked about new signings and/or current player extensions, but I’m believing it’s more than likely be tomorrow.

I recently posted on here with a delayed signing announcement (that being Sandat) that the reason behind it not yet being released "could be that the club want to surprise Kidderminster with their preparation for tomorrow's game - not knowing what team we will be putting out. I've previously revealed we've signed players (Blondy, Brooklyn and Martin come to mind) and they've not been revealed until an hour or so before kick off".

Don't be surprised if the club do the same with announcing any incoming signings before Saturday's game against Barnet.

Bit unsure on the Frankie Maguire rumour. If he cant get game time at Chester would he here?

I dont know anything about him but seems a weird one.
Some players just don't fit at certain clubs. He's being mentioned already on this thread, but Mooney is a prime example.

Apparently we were interested in Maguire in the summer, but could not act on that interest for obvious reasons (will refrain from mentioning that dreaded word from now on).

Like I said in my tweet, but of course limited to a certain number of characters, Maguire had a very good spell on loan at Kettering last season.

Ignore the questionable choice of music, but only place I could find a montage of all his goals for Kettering in one place:
He knows Darren Currie from his time at Sheffield United, and Darren Currie knows him.

Also, IMO Wes has been a revelation this season and a much different player to how he played in his first season here. Problem with Wes is he burns out quickly and is usually taken off around the hour mark. This kid could be the one that comes on in his place. We're also crying out for our midfielders to chip in with goals too.

Do not write him off yet. Could be a very astute signing on loan 👏🏼

I recently posted on here with a delayed signing announcement (that being Sandat) that the reason behind it not yet being released "could be that the club want to surprise Kidderminster with their preparation for tomorrow's game - not knowing what team we will be putting out. I've previously revealed we've signed players (Blondy, Brooklyn and Martin come to mind) and they've not been revealed until an hour or so before kick off".

Don't be surprised if the club do the same with announcing any incoming signings before Saturday's game against Barnet.
Bloody hell! We've waited 15 months to make a signing, I think another 24/36 hours is going to be bearable!

I get the tactics on new signings but bearing in mind the F5 action it would have been nice to have the proper deals announced for the likes of Bridge and Ralph just to whet the appetite.

Bit unsure on the Frankie Maguire rumour. If he cant get game time at Chester would he here?

I dont know anything about him but seems a weird one.
Can he be coached? Do KM DC and MB see potential in him? Kabongolo was at Billericay were their manager said he wasn't ready for first team football.

Okay, maybe it is my natural caution coming to the fore, but that Takeover 99% still worries me. Ron's appearance in front of the cameras on Monday is a reminder that he is still the owner of a business, that is being sold subject to certain conditions. If you look at it from his viewpoint, important and substantial debts cleared, football arrangements now back on track, some parts of RH being taken care off, at what appears to be no cost to him or his family. Excuse me if I keep my bubbly on ice, as I have been around for all of Ron's 25 years and I cannot help feel it is all about him........... at any price to anyone else.
Don’t worry. It’s more like 99.9%.

Can he be coached? Do KM DC and MB see potential in him? Kabongolo was at Billericay were their manager said he wasn't ready for first team football.
Kabongolo was/is a longer term signing though. Presumably Maguire would only be on loan Sheffield United, and would therefore be expected to make an impact now, not have potential for the future.

Tbf, the coaching at that level is very much part time, Brooklyn has had more "hands on" time with us in a few months than he would have had in a full season at that level
Fair point. All I'm trying to say is, just because a player isn't getting a look in a one club, doesn't mean he couldn't do a job at another especially with our coaching team.

Some players just don't fit at certain clubs. He's being mentioned already on this thread, but Mooney is a prime example.

Apparently we were interested in Maguire in the summer, but could not act on that interest for obvious reasons (will refrain from mentioning that dreaded word from now on).

Like I said in my tweet, but of course limited to a certain number of characters, Maguire had a very good spell on loan at Kettering last season.

Ignore the questionable choice of music, but only place I could find a montage of all his goals for Kettering in one place:
He knows Darren Currie from his time at Sheffield United, and Darren Currie knows him.

Also, IMO Wes has been a revelation this season and a much different player to how he played in his first season here. Problem with Wes is he burns out quickly and is usually taken off around the hour mark. This kid could be the one that comes on in his place. We're also crying out for our midfielders to chip in with goals too.

Do not write him off yet. Could be a very astute signing on loan 👏🏼
That first goal has Jack Bridge written all over the assist. There’s been a lot of talk about a centre mid and you’ve mentioned James Morton in particular, who I believe plays deeper, and I haven’t particularly seen that as a priority (never a bad thing to add more quality to a squad though) however someone who can come on for a tiring Wes and run into the space Bridge creates and finish would be very handy off the bench.

I don’t think we want incoming players to immediately replace all our starters who have done so well. That means players who’ll begin from the bench and add depth that way. The one exception is obviously up front where we desperately need a short term replacement for the injured Cardwell and an upgrade for the also injured Powell.

That first goal has Jack Bridge written all over the assist. There’s been a lot of talk about a centre mid and you’ve mentioned James Morton in particular, who I believe plays deeper, and I haven’t particularly seen that as a priority (never a bad thing to add more quality to a squad though) however someone who can come on for a tiring Wes and run into the space Bridge creates and finish would be very handy off the bench.

I don’t think we want incoming players to immediately replace all our starters who have done so well. That means players who’ll begin from the bench and add depth that way. The one exception is obviously up front where we desperately need a short term replacement for the injured Cardwell and an upgrade for the also injured Powell.
In theory, this would be the perfect role for Jack Wood, I think. With a more defensive-minded/deep-lying midfielder (Cav Miley when fit, James Morton if he comes in) instead of one of Noor Husin or Oli Coker (both of whom have done really well in Miley’s absence), there’s some freedom for a more attacking midfielder to pick up those pockets of space between the midfield and forwards, or that created by Bridge pulling defenders out of position. And his decent goalscoring record, albeit at a level below, on loan, last season suggests he should be capable of fulfilling that role. I think it would suit him more than playing as an out-and-out forward, even in a support role, which he has done for much of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back