• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Just been told that recently relegated Sutton and (of course) Barnet have now made offers for Luke Jenkins too.

Makes you wonder how the WUP and the uncertainty with the sale of the club will impact our summer recruitment and pre-season...
Probs means a ❌ next to he’s name on white board now then would be my guess

Jenkins might not be quite high enough on the priority list for us to push the boat out when we have stricter budgeting. We're pretty well set for right-sided and right-footed centre backs. If anything, we need an additional left-footer back there.

Can't see there being many incoming, and there are probably higher priority areas of the pitch.

Jenkins might not be quite high enough on the priority list for us to push the boat out when we have stricter budgeting. We're pretty well set for right-sided and right-footed centre backs. If anything, we need an additional left-footer back there.

Can't see there being many incoming, and there are probably higher priority areas of the pitch.
I think for the first time in seems like decades we have a football department that the vast majority of us trust to get recruitment right nearly every time. How refreshing.

Yes, the takeover dragging on will impact us of course it will but if we are rid of Martin by season start then the club will be on the up and that counts for a lot on the pitch and off it. We’ll fly even with just a couple of our second choice recruits IMO.

Powell leaving to a rival is sad to see

Especially as we are 100% going to miss out on our top targets.

We will eventually need pace in the team and I fear we will end up signing a lesser player to compensate and give us an "option"

Powell leaving isn't a disaster, he was a massive character in the squad but quite simply he hasn't got the same quality that Waldron & Cardwell have.

He has all the spirit and application but his stature will always be against him.

Does he work harder than a Dackers? Yes.

Does he have as much of an impact as a Dackers? For me no

Let’s wait for confirmation on this. Not sure that’s true.
Like I said in the tweet, it's not been announced by the National League and it's really frustrating, if true.

But when one looks at the regulations it makes clear that they must impose one where a club has been served with a winding-up petition (which we have) and where it has not been satisfied in full (which we haven't hence the adjournment):

I'm praying it isn't true and hate to be the bearer of potential bad news, but I got told it by a reliable source and decided to share it. May explain why we've not been active this summer yet and the delay behind the retained list being released.

Wait for confirmation but if and a big if it’s true it be a bloody joke and I dread to think how Kev and everyone else is feeling especially the consortium members they can’t do this for much longer surely

Earlier today people were suggesting we wouldn’t or unlikely to sign any player until takeover is completed anyway. Might as well through the embargo into the mix as well

Back