• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the reduction in team budget next season it seems a couple of sales will be needed to supplement it.
Kensdale and Cardwell being the truly sellable assests on the team.
If we had to sell one I'd reluctantly sell kensdale and hang on to cardwell.
Shock sale of Bridge?
However we have the core of a decent squad that only needs a little adding too.
A true attacking midfielder is a must.
A striker.
And obviously a replacement for any sales.
RWB cover would be nice.
I’m surprised you choose Kensdale or Cardwell.

If the right offer came in I’d snap their hands off for Cardwell. As much as he is a great striker for us, his injury record worries me. He could be fine but he hasn’t managed a full uninterrupted season with us. And we have proven in certain games like Solihull at home we can win 5-0 and he doesn’t score.

Kensdale before the forearm smash to the face hadn’t missed a single minute, he is an excellent player and I get we have replacements but I feel he is pivotal to our defence.

Given the reduction in team budget next season it seems a couple of sales will be needed to supplement it.

Oh - that has passed me by. Any details?

There I was in my own little world thinking that the larger gates over the last few months might see an increase in the budget or a "steadying of the ship" post umbungo & after the sale has been completed.

Rumour that next seasons playing budget is lower than this season's. But what we don't know is if this season's budget was spent. With the transfer embargo we had a small squad for most of the season. So for example this season 23/24 budget says 1m, actual spend 750k. 24/25 budget 800k. That is a reduction in budget but potentially increase in spend.

Nb - all numbers made up!

If the right offer came in I’d snap their hands off for Cardwell. As much as he is a great striker for us, his injury record worries me. He could be fine but he hasn’t managed a full uninterrupted season with us. And we have proven in certain games like Solihull at home we can win 5-0 and he doesn’t score.

Kensdale before the forearm smash to the face hadn’t missed a single minute, he is an excellent player and I get we have replacements but I feel he is pivotal to our defence.
Cardwell is the biggest asset we have going forward IMO.

He has played the majority of this season and at times being the only fit striker available, it should show where his fitness levels are.

Let's be honest no forward really manages 40+ games per league season. Kane always used to spend time out at Spurs, just as Haaland has done this season.

Cardwell is one of the most important cogs in the team especially with how we play. He doesn't stop running for 95+ minutes.

Yes this is his first season where he has scored goals but he offers way more than his numbers suggest. If he was to be paired with a McCallum or a Dallas then that would probably be the best pairing in the league.

Yes I might be a staunch member of the Harry Cardwell fan club but I really don't think people i.e yourself see how important and how fantastic Harry really is.

Anything less than £250k for him would be a shame and immensely hard to find a player that brings just as much as Harry does.

Last edited:
Rumour that next seasons playing budget is lower than this season's. But what we don't know is if this season's budget was spent. With the transfer embargo we had a small squad for most of the season. So for example this season 23/24 budget says 1m, actual spend 750k. 24/25 budget 800k. That is a reduction in budget but potentially increase in spend.

Nb - all numbers made up!
Thing is, we've never really had a "budget" under Ron Martin, and Ron Martin has never been one to pay attention to them.

Our "budget" has always been whatever the wage bill at that point in time was, and the wage bill at that point in time was whatever Ron Martin fancied pushing the boat out to. He *really* pushed it out at times shortly after he had re-capitalised the club with money that he had borrowed.

This is all going to change.

I think I’m right in saying that in the past twenty years only four forwards have managed to play as much for us in a season as Cardwell has this season. If we go back a further decade that just adds an extra three names to the list, one of whom he’ll pass if he plays tomorrow.

For example he’s played more this season than Freddy did in either promotion season, or Goater or Gray; more than Lee Barnard or the legend that was Barry Corr.

Oh - that has passed me by. Any details?

There I was in my own little world thinking that the larger gates over the last few months might see an increase in the budget or a "steadying of the ship" post umbungo & after the sale has been completed.
A couple of great posters on here put it out there recently, my sauces then confirmed it. As is right, cutting our cloth accordingly. For me it's the clear indicator that the recruitment policy of taking the best from divisions below us and developing them will be the way.

A couple of great posters on here put it out there recently, my sauces then confirmed it. As is right, cutting our cloth accordingly. For me it's the clear indicator that the recruitment policy of taking the best from divisions below us and developing them will be the way.
Is it confirmed its a reduction in the actual spend on players in season 23/24?

If roland rat is still in charge then the players budget will be didly squat .Wheres if the tale over has been finalised .Then the playing budget may well be incressed.Let all hope during the close season RATTIE has finaly gone for good .

He has played the majority of this season and at times being the only fit striker available, it should show where his fitness levels are.

Let's be honest no forward really manages 40+ games per league season. Kane always used to spend time out at Spurs, just as Haaland has done this season.

Cardwell is one of the most important cogs in the team especially with how we play. He doesn't stop running for 95+ minutes.

Yes this is his first season where he has scored goals but he offers way more than his numbers suggest. If he was to be paired with a McCallum or a Dallas then that would probably be the best pairing in the league.

Yes I might be a staunch member of the Harry Cardwell fan club but I really don't think people i.e yourself see how important and how fantastic Harry really is.

Anything less than £250k for him would be a shame and immensely hard to find a player that brings just as much as Harry does.

I'd disagree.

Think that Cardwell, kensdale, Miley, Gus and Colin could all be saleable assets

I do see how important and fantastic he is, however if I had the choice to keep him or Kensdale I would keep Kensdale.

A. If he continues on this path he will be worth much more than Cardwell.

B. He has got future captain written all over him.

C. Baring the forearm smash to the face, he has been available for every game! Consistency is key! The defence with him, Taylor and Ralph in front of Collin has been a revelation.

I don’t want Cardwell to go, I think he’s great, when he picks up speed honestly I think only Bolt gets there first. If he could work on the timing of his jumps for headers he would be even better than he already his. I hope we don’t have to sell anyone.

The theory is the most important positions are your number 9 and number 1. Between them Harry and Colin have won half our points this season. So it obviously has some truth to it.

Back in October during won of the night games I had the captain of Hastag sitting next to me. Harry was his MOM by mile. He said we don't know how lucky we are to have big number 9 with that level of work rate.

Nothing against Kensdale but CB's are easier to replace than target men who can also score 20......Red card Roy managed about 7 goals a season and became ac club legend.

I do see how important and fantastic he is, however if I had the choice to keep him or Kensdale I would keep Kensdale.

C. Baring the forearm smash to the face, he has been available for every game! Consistency is key! The defence with him, Taylor and Ralph in front of Collin has been a revelation.

I don’t want Cardwell to go, I think he’s great, when he picks up speed honestly I think only Bolt gets there first. If he could work on the timing of his jumps for headers he would be even better than he already his. I hope we don’t have to sell anyone.
Because he's 4/5 years younger so has a higher ceiling than Cardwell. Personally think that each of them are as important as each other and would both leave a gaping hole in the team.

Defenders typically play more games than attackers so would be no surprise to see Kensdale rack up more games (if he has).

If we can keep the current squad together and add a better forward thinking midfield (than Fonguck) and a couple of out and out strikers then the title will be ours.

It's amazing what tattoos players get these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back