• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will make this really simple:-

Recruitment
FWD - Macallum
FWD - Dallas/Dinanga
MID - Naughton
MID - Ruff (Chelmsford) or a pacy box to box operator
WBK - a pacy player able to operate on both sides
DEF - a loan CB or Jenkins from Chelmsford as additional cover
GK - less of a priority but would be good to have some competition

DONE….

This is easy lol. Hopefully this would give us more goals and lift us to a top 3 team.
Don't disagree with any of your suggestions. I'd love all or any of those and agree they would add the firepower/creativeness we desperately need to have a shot at troubling the top end of the table.

Not sure the transfer/wage budget will allow though.

A lot of hopes for multiple signings etc but the biggest question should be what sort of budget are we going to have.

Will there be extra investment to increase the squad size or will it be a case of you have this much if you want more you will have to sell first.

In my opinion (which granted is not worth a lot) we could lose/release Wes/Dackers/Sandat/powell?/Lomas has gone/Demi may or may not stop playing?. So that is potentially 6 players that may not be here (although Demi will still be on the payroll). That means we may need a good few additions, granted the budget will determine that.

I think we do need a bigger squad if we are to be serious challengers though to minimise the effect of injured players each week.

Will make this really simple:-

Recruitment
FWD - Dallas/Dinanga
Dallas an interesting one, he has scored 0 goals all season for Kilmarnock/Oldham having been excellent in this league for Solihull/Chesterfield. It shows what a tough job it is to find a good striker. Everything is about fit and finding a player reaching the right stage of their career.

I’m not too impressed by folk happy for us to finish 2nd or 3rd next season —we’d still probably need a bit of luck to win 2 more games against strong, in-form opposition .

Dallas an interesting one, he has scored 0 goals all season for Kilmarnock/Oldham having been excellent in this league for Solihull/Chesterfield. It shows what a tough job it is to find a good striker. Everything is about fit and finding a player reaching the right stage of their career.
Wouldn't read too much into Dallas' figures this season. He clearly isn't settled after his move to Barnsley.

At Oldham he has only started 3 games and he is in amongst 50 strikers there.

At Kilmarnock he was sub 14 times and had a total of 215 minutes game time.

Granted you shouldn't really take just the 22/23 season figures either. But 1 in 2 on loan at Chesterfield and nearly 1 in 2 at Solihull, would suggest has has something about him. At 24 he would carry a sell on value as well, if you can get him back to last seasons form.

I cannot imagine he will be anywhere near the Barnsley team, so if an opportunity to loan him or buy him comes up this summer, we would be mad not to at least enquire IMO.

My perspective on certain players having only watched via NLTV ,Dackers i would let go, Crowther, Morton AND waldron give them a preseason and i think they will be okay, Sandat shame hes just a loanee as is Dackers off course, i like the way Sandat moves ,hes not an out and out Striker he could play off a striker but i wonder if he could be a number 10, he certainly got a brain can find space not afraid to shoot and can see and make a pass also, like to see Coker given an extended run as a number 10 as well, Wood to be given a run in his favoured position as a winger ,yes this is hard under our present setup. I wont speculate at present on who i would release. Wait for seasons end for that.
Sandat gives me young Kane vibes, not saying he will ever reach his levels, but if you look at him as a young player on loan, he wasn't prolific but the speed of thought, the dropping off deep etc and stature is very similar

Ollie Pearce at Worthing cannot be ignored either.

34 goals and 10 assists in 39 games this season. Granted the step below, but still, they are outrageous numbers.

Looked lively when he came on as sub in the England C game the other night.

He turns 29 this summer, so probably coming towards his last shot at playing at a higher level. That is of course if Worthing don't get promoted themselves. Could be worth a punt.

Wouldn't read too much into Dallas' figures this season. He clearly isn't settled after his move to Barnsley.

At Oldham he has only started 3 games and he is in amongst 50 strikers there.

At Kilmarnock he was sub 14 times and had a total of 215 minutes game time.

Granted you shouldn't really take just the 22/23 season figures either. But 1 in 2 on loan at Chesterfield and nearly 1 in 2 at Solihull, would suggest has has something about him. At 24 he would carry a sell on value as well, if you can get him back to last seasons form.

I cannot imagine he will be anywhere near the Barnsley team, so if an opportunity to loan him or buy him comes up this summer, we would be mad not to at least enquire IMO.
I'm not reading anything into his figures. I'm making the point that it isn't as easy as 'look who scored most goals recently' in signing a player, that there is more to it than that. We're saying the same thing here, I think.

34 goals and 10 assists in 39 games this season. Granted the step below, but still, they are outrageous numbers.

He turns 29 this summer, so probably coming towards his last shot at playing at a higher level. Could be worth a punt.
Watched the Worthing Bath game yesterday and Pearce although he didnt score played, hit the bar with a good freekick. Also impressed with the RWB surname Felix, looked very lively and got forward really well

He turns 29 this summer, so probably coming towards his last shot at playing at a higher level. That is of course if Worthing don't get promoted themselves. Could be worth a punt.

Someone else at Worthing has impressed our watching scouts too.

How do you replace the cutting edge and spirit we had from the adversity and circumstance we found ourselves in? The us against the world mentality and heroism.

Thats maher and co's biggest conundrum, as they have shown that on their day this squad can beat anyone in this league.

They have also shown when its not their day they look like they could be beaten by anyone....That is Kevs biggest problem.

To many on here think scrolling through lists of lower league top scorers is the answer. Creating a squad mentality that can win at least 25-30 games next season will take a lot more than that

I don’t think Crowther, Waldron or Morton have been poor at all. We’ve seen flashes. But it’ll take time for them to step up and be as consistent as they were a level below. As for Dackers and Sandat, I’ve seen a lot of stuff written about them but both were players that were available, that Kev knew and who knew the club. They’d also done well first time round. Remember before they came in we had very limited options up top. They’ve both come in and done their bit.

No doubt we’ll see a few depart in summer and a few good quality incoming (without breaking the bank). Remember Kev, Currie and Benno get final say on any transfers so they’ll know exactly who they need.
Crowther has not been poor he covered the center half posiion well in the absents of tayor

Here's a controversial view.... We don't need any new players for the first team.

We need to change the formation and play players in roles that are more aligned to their skill, capability and mentality. For example

Colin
Gus crowther kensdale Ralph
Defenders with attacking full backs

Husin Miley fonguck
(More freedom especially to find people in front of them)

Wood cardwell bridge
(Width flair and pace with little defensive cover)

Subs/squad: Waldron demi coker Morton Taylor Powell Martin
(Pace attack, defensive cover, attack and defensive midfield cover)

Therefore back up goalie, left back, CB, right winger/forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back