• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Jack Wood has been hurt badly by the transfer embargo. I feel that without it he would have been sent on out loan for the 1st half of the season. He certainly has bags of potential, but had to play out of position in the 1st part of the season, which hasn't helped his cause. Not quite sure where he fits into the side. Behind the front two is a possibility, but I think Oli Coker would do a better job there.

My guess if he is offered a contract for next year and accepts, then unless we operate a "B" team, he will get another loan spell somewhere.

We all have opinions, but it is Kevin's thoughts that matter most.

Unfortunately Jack Wood has been hurt badly by the transfer embargo. I feel that without it he would have been sent on out loan for the 1st half of the season. He certainly has bags of potential, but had to play out of position in the 1st part of the season, which hasn't helped his cause. Not quite sure where he fits into the side. Behind the front two is a possibility, but I think Oli Coker would do a better job there.

My guess if he is offered a contract for next year and accepts, then unless we operate a "B" team, he will get another loan spell somewhere.

We all have opinions, but it is Kevin's thoughts that matter most.
As you say, all about opinions, and this is certainly my take on Jack's situation as well. So on that basis, our opinions must be correct :Winking:.

It would be ideal now to give Wood a run out. To see what he can really deliver, as there isn’t much to play for now as the season fizzles out.
He is a wasted talent just sitting on the bench and not getting game time.

The problem with Woods lack of game time is he isnt the type of player that fits in with keeping it tight!

Watching Halifax Vs Chesterfield tonight, I was hugely impressed by both 23 year old left wing back Ryan Galvin (ex Sheffield Wed - but born in London) as well as 24 year striker Rob Harker.

I believe Galvin is out of contract in the summer and I'd hope we'd be interested if Halifax don't get promoted. He defends well, has a good turn of pace and gets forward to good effect.

Harker grabbed the home side's first two goals tonight and looked a real handful. His finishing for both goals was very clinical and at 6ft 2 he's able to hold his own in a physical battle with centre halves too.

Watching Halifax Vs Chesterfield tonight, I was hugely impressed by both 23 year old left wing back Ryan Galvin (ex Sheffield Wed - but born in London) as well as 24 year striker Rob Harker.

I believe Galvin is out of contract in the summer and I'd hope we'd be interested if Halifax don't get promoted. He defends well, has a good turn of pace and gets forward to good effect.

Harker grabbed the home side's first two goals tonight and looked a real handful. His finishing for both goals was very clinical and at 6ft 2 he's able to hold his own in a physical battle with centre halves too.
🤝1710978225498.jpeg

So out of our new players who’s impressed and who hasn’t ? Since the embargo has been lifted… I’d say
Sandat …poor
Dackers …poor
Waldron…ok just
Morton…poor
Crowther…decent (apart from today)

Over all I’d say the recruitment has been poor…. Someone prove me wrong👍🏻

So out of our new players who’s impressed and who hasn’t ? Since the embargo has been lifted… I’d say
Sandat …poor
Dackers …poor
Waldron…ok just
Morton…poor

I'd say Morton has shown he can provide competition for Miley, mind you Husin was more than adequate when he covered.

We have to remember that most of these players have either had to step up to full time football or are simply too young.

Waldron has the natural ability to score goals with the right supply but right now I'd prefer a fit Powell.

To do what Chesterfield have done we need to bring in quality playmakers and another finisher at least

Dackers and Sandat were always going to just tie us over until the summer. Quite rightly Kev needed two players who he knew well to help get us over the finishing line.
Waldron and Morton need a proper pre-season before they can be properly judged.
Crowther will be a big player for us next season. Today was just a blip.

Kev's biggest task is to ensure he recruits a couple of attacking midfielders in the summer and add some more pace to the side. We need to be offering more of a threat centrally and wide right and not just giving the ball to Bridge at every opportunity. Currently we're just too easy to defend against.
Don't get me wrong, we need a couple of new forwards adding too, but without players who can unlock the door and commit defenders, we won't ever get the best out of whichever two we select up top.

Sandat …poor
Dackers …poor
Waldron…ok just
Morton…poor

Sadly i agree, but im not gonna judge fully until next season.

Im fairly sure dackers and sandat arent the answer tho.

Sandat …poor
Dackers …poor
Waldron…ok just
Morton…poor

I agree to an extent though I’d be slightly more for forgiving. As others have said Sandat/Dackers were only stop gap signings until the summer. I think Kev was maybe considering Dackers as an option to sign, but he hasn’t done enough and there must be better options.

Crowther’s been good, he had a nightmare today but hopefully that’s a one off.

Morton, he can pass a ball, but doesn’t seem that combative and likes to sit deep. I don’t see where he fits in really, playing him and Miley seems too negative, neither drive forward.

Waldron - he’s shown he can finish but has also offered very little in general play. The couple of times today he had a chance to progress a forward move with a ball down the channel, he gave it away cheaply. Hopefully with a full pre season behind him and with better service he’ll improve.

Overall the jury’s still out, it’ll be interesting to revisit this in a year’s time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back