• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not have an out and out Attacking midfielder...big need imo. Seems wood is not being considered for that role.
Pace...I think we lack it, raw speedy pace. Would like a centre forward who is seriously rapid.
I doubt we'd find a pair of forwards faster than Cardwell & Powell, Waldron isn't particularly slow either.

What we are missing is someone that can make the key pass to exploit that speed rather than reverting wide and overloading the box with crosses

Cardwell can shift no doubt I wouldn't bill him as super quick though.
Powell...looks quicker than he is...little legs and all that 😉

Cardwell might be our fastest player over 100 yards since Wayne Gray. They really need to bring back the Rumbelows Spring Challenge so people appreciate what an athlete he is.

There are others who may be quicker over the first yard though. Matt Dennis had that short area acceleration and that got him a lot of goals.

Cardwell might be our fastest player over 100 yards since Wayne Gray. They really need to bring back the Rumbelows Spring Challenge so people appreciate what an athlete he is.

There are others who may be quicker over the first yard though. Matt Dennis had that short area acceleration and that got him a lot of goals.

Some players build up speed and some have explosive speed. Cardwell is definitely the former but we could do with someone who is very quick over 10 yards.

Some players build up speed and some have explosive speed. Cardwell is definitely the former but we could do with someone who is very quick over 10 yards.

Well that's Callum Powell, or was. Will he be as quick after his injury? And will he be able to improve his spatial awareness and delivery of the ball?

I still feel like Wood has the potential to be that for us if he was given an extended run of games, that cool finish after a few dummies a few weeks back showed what he has in his locker.
It would be ideal now to give Wood a run out. To see what he can really deliver, as there isn’t much to play for now as the season fizzles out.
He is a wasted talent just sitting on the bench and not getting game time.

It's a creator that we need, no matter who the strikers are, if you don't make chances that play to their strengths then they'll rarely score.
Agreed. We need that little Zak Brunt/Jack Payne type of player to sit behind the front two and link the midfield with attack. Wood seems the obvious candidate but doesn’t seem trusted by the three amigos just yet. Wouldn’t mind seeing either Sandat or Coker in there though as they’re both excellent on the ball and are great passers. Heard good things about Zac McEachran too.

I still feel like Wood has the potential to be that for us if he was given an extended run of games, that cool finish after a few dummies a few weeks back showed what he has in his locker.
Totally agree. He’s got so much ability. I fear he’ll leave if he’s not allowed to progress. Casualty of only 5 subs, is that ever going to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back