• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Luke Jenkins has been called up to the England C squad, imagine his profile will be a lot higher after that. Wonder if he is still a target?

I think what he means is that clubs higher up can come in and buy them. With a contract it probably guarantees a cash payment.

If we were offered say 750k for kensdale, Miley and cardwell would you take it ? Find another 6 * 50k up and coming players and still have money left over ?

I think what he means is that clubs higher up can come in and buy them. With a contract it probably guarantees a cash payment.

If we were offered say 750k for kensdale, Miley and cardwell would you take it ? Find another 6 * 50k up and coming players and still have money left over ?

Good business if we are all happy to stay in the NL at the end of next season.

The danger with doing this is you are replacing players good enough now for players who will be good enough in a season or two. If that becomes policy, and with only two going up, well...

That will all depend on how much money the consortium want to chuck at the playing staff. Bear in mind they have stated we need to live within our means.

Yes and I agree with them. Problem is if we start paying £50,000 plus for 'up and coming' NLS or below players they will be in demand. Therefore their agents will demand more than we are currently paying the likes of Miley or Kensdale.

It all depends on what is offered. If someone came in with an offer of £500k for Kensdale or Miley for example that would be hard to turn down

In reality it would be only fraction of that. They are not going to leap in value between now and August......Would anyone seriously accept the £25,000 Exeter offered for Harry C......And I include those on here who suggest he should be released last summer.

That aside I answered to post that suggested selling Kensdale, Miley and Carwdell. Thats the spine of our team. So never going to happen. Of course it not impossible that we do get serious offer for young player in the future. lets say its as high as £500,000....Then yes for one player it would have to be accepted. Even then not in say March whilst going for the NL title.

I think once rat boy actually departs most of this squad, who have signed on, will give us at least one season and a have a real go at getting us up. They seem top lads and they want that opportunity without the handbrake on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back