• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope the deal is completed soon as IMO we are in desparate need of a "marquee" striker signing in the summer. Someone experienced at this level (or above), can manage 40 matches and you can put your mortgage on him banging in 20+ goals. Cards is the closest we have to that, but I'm not sure we will get enough games out of him for him to hit 20+ goals.

Paul McCallum
Nicke Kabamba
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe
Marcus Dinanga
Dominic Poleon
Michael Cheek

Any of the above probably fit the bill. Dinanga would be my preference, purely from a business point of view as he is younger than the rest, so will carry a decent resale value, which seems to be our strategy. Two from that list would be even better. I fully believe if we can add a proven striker, combined with our mean defence, we will go close.

With Dackers and Sandat going back we will be in the market for at least two strikers. This is where the sale of the club needs to be completed sharpish and the consortium need to find a few quid from somewhere to bag at least one of these. Without them IMO we just wont score the required amount of goals to launch a full on promotion push next season.

Let's hope the deal is completed soon as IMO we are in desparate need of a "marquee" striker signing in the summer. Someone experienced at this level (or above), can manage 40 matches and you can put your mortgage on him banging in 20+ goals. Cards is the closest we have to that, but I'm not sure we will get enough games out of him for him to hit 20+ goals.

Paul McCallum
Nicke Kabamba
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe
Marcus Dinanga
Dominic Poleon
Michael Cheek

Any of the above probably fit the bill. Dinanga would be my preference, purely from a business point of view as he is younger than the rest, so will carry a decent resale value, which seems to be our strategy. Two from that list would be even better. I fully believe if we can add a proven striker, combined with our mean defence, we will go close.

With Dackers and Sandat going back we will be in the market for at least two strikers. This is where the sale of the club needs to be completed sharpish and the consortium need to find a few quid from somewhere to bag at least one of these. Without them IMO we just wont score the required amount of goals to launch a full on promotion push next season.
100% this. Defo need 2 strikers and I would add a couple of attacking midfielders too (like Naughton at AFC Flyde - 14 goals). A wing back who can cover both sides also.

100% this. Defo need 2 strikers and I would add a couple of attacking midfielders too (like Naughton at AFC Flyde - 14 goals). A wing back who can cover both sides also.
Agreed. We could do worse than Allarakhia who stood out for Wealdstone in a wide position last night. Out of contract in the summer to I believe.

We are a big fish in this division, it's time we start hoovering up some of the top players.

Some good names on your list Smiffy, although I'm not convinced with our current set up that we'd get anywhere near as many goals from them as their current clubs do.
Identifying some fresh, creative talent is as equally important.

McCallum is an interesting one. He's not one for putting in the hard yards or contributing to the press. His game relies solely on a consistent supply of balls into the box.

Paul McCallum
Nicke Kabamba
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe
Marcus Dinanga
Dominic Poleon
Michael Cheek

Think every team in the country would like that type of striker, not sure how easy it’ll be to get one though.

I don't think we need any attacking midfielders - we have Wood, Coker and Husin, which should be plenty. I personally think we need a replacement for Wes though, too inconsistent for me.

Think every team in the country would like that type of striker, not sure how easy it’ll be to get one though.
Oh of course. But all of those on that list are well on their way to achieving those figures, or already have done so this season. They are out there and should be within our reach if the Consortium are able to stretch the budget a little. At least two of those on that list could of been our players either this season or last, if it wasn't for Ron. I'd like to think we will be going in for one or two of those again in the summer.

Paul McCallum
Nicke Kabamba
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe
Marcus Dinanga
Dominic Poleon
Michael Cheek

Kabamba was hopeless when he played for us on loan from Pompey but that was 7 years ago, I can't see him leaving Barnet he has just signed a new 3 and a half year deal which for a 31 year old is a great contract.

Agreed. We could do worse than Allarakhia who stood out for Wealdstone in a wide position last night. Out of contract in the summer to I believe.

We are a big fish in this division, it's time we start hoovering up some of the top players.
Asides his early goal he kept on clearing the woodwork by a mile last night. Not a natural finisher for sure though a good target man.

Would look at Adarkwa and one other and then a loanee for a wide player who can play up front

Cardwell
Waldron
Adarkwa
X
Loanee

Where's that then. :Moon:

You'd have found it by clicking on the word "here".

Asides his early goal he kept on clearing the woodwork by a mile last night. Not a natural finisher for sure though a good target man.
Different player mate.

I was referring to Allarakhia who was the wide man causing all sorts of problems. Rather than Adarkwa the goalscorer for Wealdstone.

It's quite clear that we desperately need a pacey tricky right winger.

We are so reliant on the left channel. It's embarrassingly one dimensional.

We also need that striker who can score goals for fun. McCallum would be perfect. Eastleigh aren't going anywhere and he is from Essex or east London so would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back