• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone with 17 goals now for Chatham. Banging them in for fun from striker, winger, midfield., taking all the pens, clearing the line relentlessly and setting the crowd alight with tricks and pace, Blimey he will be in goal next and score . Still 8 yellows might sour a young mans reputation. Ah well Musnt say the name or a few will froth. No not related or agent !:Smile:
Name cockney rhyming slang for Aston Villa??

I must admit Chatham seem to be signing everyone and anyone at the moment.

Three Chelmsford players who have been linked with us were in action v Aveley this afternoon. Luke Jenkins, Charlie Ruff and Jermaine Francis. All played well in a game with four red cards, especially good performance from Jenkins who should be at a higher level.

If we are serious about getting out of this division next season then someone like McCallum on 26 goals already would be a good shout.

You need a player like that in your side if you want to win this league.

I'm sure we were interested before.

Yep, as far as I know he’d agreed terms and wanted to come here.

I’d like to think we’d go back in for him in the summer, which would of course require a bit of investment from the consortium. That likely hinges on Ron and the council though.

Just think what we might have done with Andrew Dallas and Paul McCallum up front 😞

I’d like to think we’d go back in for him in the summer, which would of course require a bit of investment from the consortium. That likely hinges on Ron and the council though.

Just think what we might have done with Andrew Dallas and Paul McCallum up front 😞
Let’s hope Ron doesn’t mess ANOTHER season up

Yes he did.

Andrew Dallas, who you mention as well, agreed terms with us TWICE.

Is that the Dallas who was an unused sub for our opponents yesterday?

Is that the Dallas who was an unused sub for our opponents yesterday?

Yep same one.

He’s had quite a topsy turvy season, playing for three different clubs across two countries and multiple levels, but he’s the same Andrew Dallas who scored 40 odd goals in the previous two seasons.

He and Paul McCallum would have definitely given the partnership of Vilhete and Sandat a run for its money, that’s for sure.

Yep same one.

He’s had quite a topsy turvy season, playing for three different clubs across two countries and multiple levels, but he’s the same Andrew Dallas who scored 40 odd goals in the previous two seasons.

He and Paul McCallum would have definitely given the partnership of Vilhete and Sandat a run for its money, that’s for sure.
and who's fault is it/was it that we could only sign players like that (and not Dallas/McCallum)?

and who's fault is it/was it that we could only sign players like that (and not Dallas/McCallum)?
The same person who had us in that position constantly for the past 25 years :Sad:

How many really top signings did we miss out on purely because of Ron (either being too tight / too slow / too incompetent / too 'clever' by half negotiating / just having a ****e reputation)? I wonder how many managerial appointments might have fared better without Ron handling all recruitment and employee relations (:Hilarious:) matters?

Yep. We certainly need an experienced no.9 like McCallum and/or someone you can put your house on bagging 20 goals. Kabamba, Dinanga, or a punt on Pearce at Worthing?

Yep. We certainly need an experienced no.9 like McCallum and/or someone you can put your house on bagging 20 goals. Kabamba, Dinanga, or a punt on Pearce at Worthing?
You've not got a third player ending in 'a'!? When I read pearce, I felt let down!

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher will look to sign a defender on loan ahead of Tuesday night’s match with Wealdstone.

The Shrimpers currently have just three centre-backs available for the National League clash at Roots Hall with Harry Taylor and Ollie Kensdale both still sidelined with injuries.
And Maher will aim to bolster his options if possible.

“It’s always tough but we will look to see if there’s someone to bring in to add to what we’ve got,” said Maher.

“It’s an area we’re a touch short in so if there is then we definitely will.”

Kensdale has missed the last two matches with a fractured cheekbone while Taylor has been out with a hamstring issue he suffered against Gateshead in early February.

“He’s (Taylor) doing some running with the medical team,” said Maher.

“That will continue this week and he’s getting closer.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back