• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says we have to sign someone permanently? We could sign somebody on loan. The majority of the loan signings made under the current management have had a positive impact.

Another Dennis/Kanu type player could be useful in getting us some much needed goals.

We've got

Cardwell
Dackers
Sandat
Waldron
Powell (injured)
Wood

and you want another forward? They'd all get a game for Maidenhead, which is who we're up against. If I was the chairman, and the manager came to me saying he needs another forward, I'd be saying 'no you don't buddy - I could bring in Haaland and he wouldn't score because the way you set up doesn't lead to chances being created'.

We should 100% be gambling on a loan signing or 2 until the end of the season!

We are currently in the relegation zone (Aside from goal difference) have a few key injuries and can't buy a goal currently.

For our next 6 games, we are massive underdogs in most of them and we could easily find ourselves 9 points from safety if we continue how we have been

So we aren’t then.

If the season finished now, we would be safe because of goal difference, so we aren’t in the relegation zone…

We've got

Cardwell
Dackers
Sandat
Waldron
Powell (injured)
Wood

and you want another forward? They'd all get a game for Maidenhead, which is who we're up against. If I was the chairman, and the manager came to me saying he needs another forward, I'd be saying 'no you don't buddy - I could bring in Haaland and he wouldn't score because the way you set up doesn't lead to chances being created'.

And about 20 league goals between all of them. That's the issue.

So we aren’t then.

If the season finished now, we would be safe because of goal difference, so we aren’t in the relegation zone…

A true statement if slightly naive.

The issue is that our own poor form has coincided with Kidderminster and Fylde etc having a massive surge in their own form.

If that continues it won't be long until we are in the bottom 4

We are currently in the relegation zone (Aside from goal difference) have a few key injuries and can't buy a goal currently.

For our next 6 games, we are massive underdogs in most of them and we could easily find ourselves 9 points from safety if we continue how we have been
Under dogs against who? I’d say Oldham only

You're going to be shocked tomorrow when we'll be priced as odds-on favourites against Aldershot.

We need to wait for the right players. With the season essentially over (unless we screw up worse) there is no hurry to make signings unless we are trying to snap up a promising youngster ahead of other clubs in the summer. If it looks like a relegation battle in another few weeks, the loan market will still be there.

Last edited:
I've noticed that since the upturn in news recently many have chosen to become pedantic just so they have something to snark about .
We are currently in a rut.
Wether it's new signings, tactics or new players clicking we need something to happen and sharpish!
I think you'll find you mean whether rather then wether.

Sorry, couldn't resist :Smile:

We already are, even before tonights result.

5/6 @ B365.
I'm really surprised as both Altrincham and Aldershot are better than us at the moment , Shots done a pressing number on Altrincham who apparently never got a look in until the last 10 minutes and 2 nil down! Im looking forward to seeing how Shots set up against our predictable side, unless a surprise quality loan signing is brought in to liven things up...

I'm really surprised as both Altrincham and Aldershot are better than us at the moment , Shots done a pressing number on Altrincham who apparently never got a look in until the last 10 minutes and 2 nil down! Im looking forward to seeing how Shots set up against our predictable side, unless a surprise quality loan signing is brought in to liven things up...
I think we'll all be interested. Aldershot have conceded nearly twice as many goals as we have. Teams who have the most joy against us tend to be able to set up with a low block, frustrate us and wait for a mistake or a set piece. Will Aldershot be capable of that? When we played them at their place earlier in the season, they were lucky to escape with a draw.

Saturday will be a tough game but will be a different one to the last few weeks. They'll be coming to win, which may well play into our hands.

For our next 6 games, we are massive underdogs in most of them and we could easily find ourselves 9 points from safety
if we continue how we have been

LOL....We are at home for 5 of them ad would be above most of them but for the 10 points and we have games in hand

They saying is "The table doesn't lie".....It does if you have 10 points deducted. So our form all season has never been relegation let alone 9 points adrift.

As last night proved, we don't need more players just decent balls into the players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back