• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
As above.

It's still possible to spot the experienced Football League players in certain games - I would love to have a Timlin style midfielder in the squad - someone that not only has that experience but is vocal & a leader.

In terms of finance, Division 4 (rebadged as League 2) clubs get quite a lot of money from the The Football League each season I think.

As above.

It's still possible to spot the experienced Football League players in certain games - I would love to have a Timlin style midfielder in the squad - someone that not only has that experience but is vocal & a leader.

In terms of finance, Division 4 (rebadged as League 2) clubs get quite a lot of money from the The Football League each season I think.
Oh for someone like Timlin 😫

I think an attacking mid is a must. The strikers should be fine as long as they get decent and varied supply
They got that today ... I'd have scored atleast once today 🤦🏻‍♂️

They're all scared to shoot, I'd much rather they sent the ball in to Reading than simple dragging it along the floor

You know it's bad when our CB looked the most likely to score

We need a proper proven goalscorer. We have done for years. I think that is painfully obvious to everyone. Cards showed huge promise pre-injury. Problem is where do you get one at this stage of the season and within the budget of a consortium that are already chucking money in hand over fist, for someone else’s business they don’t own?

Either a current player needs to find some goalscoring form, or the consortium need to dig even deeper, with increased risk on their part.

Unfortunately, we are now seeing the collateral damage of the Ron era and having to shop for target 5 in Aldi, halfway through the season, rather than target 1 in Waitrose in the summer. We could have had strikers like Josh Kelly, Andy Dallas, Paul McCallum etc lining up for us this season if not for the problems. That’s the harsh reality.

We need a proper proven goalscorer. I think that is painfully obvious to everyone. Problem is where do you get one at this stage of the season and within the budget of a consortium that are already chucking money in hand over fist, for someone else’s business they don’t own?

Either a current player needs to find some goalscoring form, or the consortium need to dig even deeper, with increased risk on their part.

Unfortunately, we are now seeing the collateral damage of the Ron era and having to shop for target 5 in Aldi, halfway through the season, rather than target 1 in Waitrose in the summer. We could have had strikers like Josh Kelly, Andy Dallas, Paul McCallum etc lining up for us this season if not for the problems. That’s the harsh reality.
What about Dinagra at Gateshead? Would he be on higher wages there. was impressed with him the other week

We need a proper proven goalscorer. I think that is painfully obvious to everyone. Problem is where do you get one at this stage of the season and within the budget of a consortium that are already chucking money in hand over fist, for someone else’s business they don’t own?

Wish you hadn’t reeled off all those names we were poised to sign last year.
It keeps making me thinking if only. One or two of those names and we would have been a different team , and probably at the right end of the table.

They got that today ... I'd have scored atleast once today 🤦🏻‍♂️

They're all scared to shoot, I'd much rather they sent the ball in to Reading than simple dragging it along the floor

You know it's bad when our CB looked the most likely to score
We had lots of shots today. Aside from the one that hit the bar, they all hit a defender a yard in front of us (poor decision making) or were awful.

Standing strongly by my views in recent weeks. We desperately lack leaders and players who can lift us and drag us through tough times. We also desperately lack players who have been there and done it by winning things. We can’t keep getting through without having a plan b and we certainly need to bring in some experienced players to guide the younger members of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back