• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be intrigued to know how much Macauley Langstaff cost Notts County, according to TransferMarkt (no idea how reliable) supposedly only £50k, which if true is remarkable business.

That's not to say we can find another Langstaff and we really shouldn't put our hopes on such, as we know with Eastwood talents like that aren't common, but shows that it is at least possible (and it's nice to dream eh?).
I think players moving from non-league to second or first divisions (premier league or championship) is pretty rare. I can think of three offhand - Vardy from Poole, Bill Garner from Bedford and Eastwood from Grays. Can anyone think of others?
I don’t think we should count on finding another.
Lang staff will make it, I’m sure.

I think players moving from non-league to second or first divisions (premier league or championship) is pretty rare. I can think of three offhand - Vardy from Poole, Bill Garner from Bedford and Eastwood from Grays. Can anyone think of others?
Michail Antonio from, I think, Tooting and Mitcham

Ian Wright was the benchmark for non league striker made good. Playing Sunday League into his twenties before being picked up by Greenwich then Palace.
The difference now is most promising youngsters get snatched up by league clubs before falling down the leagues.

That's important because they tend to be technically excellent compared to traditional non league players.

Obviously some players still make the breakthrough from below, just like Waldron.

There are actually quite a few. Doesn’t make it easy to find still but there is a clear path. A few current players…

Jarrod Bowen
Max Kilman
Ethan Pinnock
Solly March…

I’m sure there are plenty more.

I'm struggling to see how Vilhete will manage to get a place in the squad now with the strength in depth we now have. I wonder if the fairest thing is to let him return to Hayes so he can be playing week in week out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back