• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love what we are doing. Not only getting the contracts sorted before the summer but with the new signings so far brought in with 18 games still to play we building stability in the squad. Too often clubs make whole sale changes that then take time to bed in through preseason. One thing maybe the only thing that went in our favour this summer was there were no outgoings of note and no incomings meaning the squad knew each other and how Kev wanted us to play. I’m certain that has contributed massively to the SUCCESS we’ve had on the pitch this season so far. We may lose one or two this summer and no doubt we will bring maybe 2 or 3 in but with the squad all but assembled it should make pre season a seamless process. That will give us a huge advantage regardless of what division we are in. Also testament to the management and us fans that so many of this squad that have been through this **** show off the field are happy to out pen to paper. Great work by JR, John Still, Kev and all involved

Love what we are doing. Not only getting the contracts sorted before the summer but with the new signings so far brought in with 18 games still to play we building stability in the squad. Too often clubs make whole sale changes that then take time to bed in through preseason. One thing maybe the only thing that went in our favour this summer was there were no outgoings of note and no incomings meaning the squad knew each other and how Kev wanted us to play. I’m certain that has contributed massively to the SUCCESS we’ve had on the pitch this season so far. We may lose one or two this summer and no doubt we will bring maybe 2 or 3 in but with the squad all but assembled it should make pre season a seamless process. That will give us a huge advantage regardless of what division we are in. Also testament to the management and us fans that so many of this squad that have been through this **** show off the field are happy to out pen to paper. Great work by JR, John Still, Kev and all involved
It’s almost as if adults are in charge now… ones with their eye on the ball too.

I keep pinching myself because - so far at least - we could not possibly have dreamed a better outcome than what we appear to be seeing play out.

They say it’s darkest before the light comes. How right they are!

Great points Jon, we've been moaning on here for 15yrs how we never get a settled side for the summer, decent pre season and raring to go come the new season.
We'll be rolling into League2 like a snarling Lambo

We will be some force next season should we miss out on playoffs, national league champions
I love what the club are doing now and enjoying everyone's optimism but in my opinion we are not quite NL champions material yet. I think the jury is still out on all of Waldron, Dackers and Sandat. I also think we need to sign a couple of wingbacks in the summer as we lack competition in the squad for those spots. I think we also need more goals from defence and midfield. Hopefully, Crowther will provide that from defence. Not so sure about midfield unless Wood comes good or maybe we get the signing of the lad from Hitchin over the line. If we don't go up via the playoffs this year, I hope Oldham do as I can see them throwing silly money around to get promoted next year as NL champions.

Kasper Lopata signs for Port Vale
I’m a bit worried that he might ultimately prove to be one of the ‘what if’ / ‘if only’ type players. Someone with all the tools to succeed at a very respectable / top EFL level, at least, but who might ultimately slip back down the leagues for one reason or another. Hope not, but the signs aren’t encouraging recently.

Aldershot sign James Daly from Harrogate. Midfielder who scored 7 in 35 in his recent spell last season at Woking.

And was one we wanted in the summer.

Elkan Baggott has joined Bristol Rovers on loan from Ipswich. A centre back who actually trained with us at one stage this season whilst under our embargo too.

Kabongo Tshimanga who was scoring for fun in NL a couple of years back has signed on loan for Borehamwood from Peterborough. Think he had a bad injury when at Chesterfield so remains to be seen if he is the player he once was.

It’s this about Powell which is why I think we need him at the club….

“He’s still got a way to go, but he’s such a bubbly character and you can probably hear him before you see him, so we’re delighted to have him back around the place.” (From, Kev on the official site)

He brings something different to the game in his direct and physical approach, something we don’t have from anyone else. His attitude and personality seem infectious. Such a positive character, just take a look at his Instagram on any given day.

All clubs needs someone like him in the dressing room and on the pitch. Give the man a contract extension!! Need to see him holding a scarf smiling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back