• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager at the time made him captain. ITk’s on here or the manager who sees him day in day out. Which do we trust Sammy ?

Id like to think that with recent developments, SUFC starts to become a more attractive proposition for players to join.

A manager who wants to play proper football.
A board with some vision and foresight, I hope!
One of the best fanbases at this level, and growing.
A chance to properly further their career if they do well for Southend...Maher and Co.'s record thus far on signings has been very good indeed, and the ones I personally see as failures, I'm thinking Lopata & Mooney, failed themselves IMO.

UTB

Lopata wasn’t a failure on the pitch. He was let down badly off it, including his family. Not Kev’s or Kaspers fault just one of the many failing in the recent past.

Let’s look forward to our imminent new signings…. We have plenty to look forward to.

Lopata wasn’t a failure on the pitch. He was let down badly off it, including his family. Not Kev’s or Kaspers fault just one of the many failing in the recent past.

Let’s look forward to our imminent new signings…. We have plenty to look forward to.
Today?

Dieng was a virtual ever present for L2 promotion team Exeter after he left us. Then played 38 games last season across L1 and 2 helping Gills avoid relegation from a bleak situation. A bloke who is regularly available, can play at that level at the back, in midfield or up front would be an asset to us right now.
Oh, hell no. Outward appearances might have been OK at times, but in reality Dieng was a manifestation of everything that was wrong on the playing side of this club for several years.

The thing is though, isn’t this meant to be the model we all wanted to adopt, sustainability. Developing and selling on, replacing with a few gems and lining the coffers so we don’t end up in the situation we were in before. Being a gateway club for players to push and win contracts higher up the pyramid.

We can’t have it all our way. Getting to League Two doesn’t mean we become sustainable.

Clubs at our level don’t have media team members and community support officers. They do without or run on volunteer support. Despite their smaller attendances their basic outlays are considerably less. I love that we have these things and do not want them scrapped.

Sustainability rarely works because as fans we demand success, we don’t want to watch mediocrity. But I’ll take sustainability for the next few seasons, and if it means selling 3 of our best players; for example pocketing 300k and netting 200k after buying a few others, then so be it. This could keep us sustainable for 3 - 4 months at our current deficit.

Aren’t we running at about a 60k loss currently per month? With another 5 players added to the squad, that’s an extra outlay of about 25k a month if they’re on 60k a year for instance, taking us back up towards the fabled 100k Ron told us we’re were losing each month.

An extra 1000 through the gates a game potentially does give us an extra 30k per month to play with, but we’re still at a massive deficit.

With my selfish hat on I would be in favour of keeping all 3 and pushing on, but it simply might make good business sense to entertain offers for Bridge, Cards and Cav if they come about.

Scally and Hessenthaler have both been watching Bridge, Cardwell & Cav

Hope we keep our best players in January and add some quality before or during their window.

Be interesting how we’ll line up in Feb, players won't want to leave Kev, his team and the supporters. Justin sounds like the salesman we need to sell the dream and hopefully the consortium have a few pennies?

And who would want to live in G*llingham!!
I do, but sometimes feel peed off as it has 2 of the wealthiest wards in the country

I always thought he was very lazy and disinterested.
Guaranteed that he would never put a foot in where it hurt. I genuinely believe this rubbed off on Mantom and made him a worse player.

There’s no point in getting through a lot of work if the person next to you is going to swan about. Work-rate is infectious.

@BoyWonder2 for starters. See his post on Dieng on another thread.

Well, I know RM gets the blame for lots of things, and rightly so.

However, players like Dieng need just as much stick for the playing side. He is the epitome of everything that has been wrong on that side of the Club. A horrible “professional”, an awful person, and an even worse role model for our Club.

If we had more players like the current crop, than the likes of Dieng, Kieran, Ridgewell et all, we wouldn’t be in this division in the first place.

With Cards, looking at his stats this is his best ever season.

Do we cash in on what could be a career high season or do we hold on with the expectations of him continuing at the same form or better?

That's one for the coaching staff to look at, not totally in isolation because it depends on who we can replace him with and how much they will cost.

What a lovely problem for us to have after so many years of being poor up top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back