• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
gosh some people amuse me!!!! here with have a team of heroes who have stayed with us through the bad times and done so bloody well , now god wiling with the takeover almost completed and hopefully some good times ,here you are talking about getting rid of players because they have an injury, and may i say a very decent player in Cardwell , yes i was calling him cardboard last season ,but he has done extremely well this season and carried the line up front very impressively also has scored 11 or 12 goals up to now. What we need is a couple of strikers to play along side of him also another playmaking /goal scoring midfielder and a general in defence ,someone who can help these young lads .

Hi Stewart,

Can you refrain from naming any players that you think are very decent players please?

As you'll be only too aware, opposition scouts regularly scour Internet boards to establish their next targets.

If they were to see a rating from someone as respected as you, I'd expect many of our players will have their heads turned very quickly.

Thanks,

So are we getting out of the embargo this week?

If so, are we likely to see new faces in the team by Saturday?

I was led to believe that the embargo had been lifted and was just set to be announced but seems to have gone quiet since then.

How about Poleon, I believe he spent some time in the academy
Another option might be Ollie Pearce at Worthing. He has already got 15 this season and has scored more than 100 at that club since he joined in 2018. Looks like a real poacher, but he is 28 and playing in National League South.

I’d hope JS and co are looking at Jermaine Francis at Chelmsford. Saw him a few times last season for Hashtag and was miles clear of that level (step 4) and has seemingly stepped up to NLS level with ease, good age, rapid, skilfull and a Granada international I believe. Could do with a player like this I think as pace is one of the assets our small squad is definitely lacking.

Do you reckon the staff will obvs try and get in players to improve us but on what kind of basis ie Short term to tick us over for rest of season so we have enough of options in other positions ie GK and Striker ..

And thinking of next season maybe pushing the boat out maybe a little more and trying to get in some important players before contract run out paying small fee depending on cost / budget currently available instead of waiting until end of seaosn when there be more competion for the free agent target’s compared to them being under contract and having to pay small fee in Jan window as clubs may look to clear books that give us chance to get in couple say from 1or 2 from league 2 for example on loan or permanent deal .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back