• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from being a little injury prone he also has a history of concussion.....is there time a chance to sign a potential replacement and then getting some money for him or do we keep for the play offs?

I would say not a player we want to be paying way over the odds for but if he was stay fit over the next two seasons I would be proved wrong.

The takeover has not yet been completed and some of you want to get shot off Harry C......Hang your head in utter shame.

You might want to suggest players who will thrive alongside him instead
Are getting rid of or being wary of over paying quite the same?
I would submit not and and hold the player in very high regard. We could not have achieved hat we have this season without his contribution.

Scally and Hessenthaler have both been watching Bridge, Cardwell & Cav

Hope we keep our best players in January and add some quality before or during their window.

Be interesting how we’ll line up in Feb, players won't want to leave Kev, his team and the supporters. Justin sounds like the salesman we need to sell the dream and hopefully the consortium have a few pennies?

And who would want to live in G*llingham!!

Last edited:
Are getting rid of or being wary of over paying quite the same?
I would submit not and and hold the player in very high regard. We could not have achieved hat we have this season without his contribution.

No your right they're not. Equally lets not 'cash in' now because of what might be asked for in May.

For start it wouldn't be a lot of dollar and we would have to spend the same to poach a 10+ so far this season target man. One that doesn't know the team and fit the Amigo model.

The work rate Harry does for a big number 9 is outstanding and its the main reason we aren't sitting in 24th place. So what if he has been injured in the cause....We owe him not the other way round.

Going forward under a new banner lets forget about targeting injured players.....Silence for the Injury, whingury fans amongst us will be good start.

Well I’ve heard he’s wanting a fair bit of money toward a new deal and just think it bit to much for non league personally .. but will see what happens .
How do you know he’s wanting a fair bit of money surely this confidential between players and the club have you spoke to him ?

Scally and Hessenthaler have both been watching Bridge, Cardwell & Cav

Hope we keep our best players in January and add some quality before or during their window.

Be interesting how we’ll line up in Feb, players won't want to leave Kev, his team and the supporters. Justin sounds like the salesman we need to sell the dream and hopefully the consortium have a few pennies?

And who would want to live in G*llingham!!
Scally ?? He’s no longer their chairman

No your right they're not. Equally lets not 'cash in' now because of what might be asked for in May.

For start it wouldn't be a lot of dollar and we would have to spend the same to poach a 10+ so far this season target man. One that doesn't know the team and fit the Amigo model.

The work rate Harry does for a big number 9 is outstanding and its the main reason we aren't sitting in 24th place. So what if he has been injured in the cause....We owe him not the other way round.

Going forward under a new banner lets forget about targeting injured players.....Silence for the Injury, whingury fans amongst us will be good start.
In years past I would bemoan injured players, mainly because we had some who would find any excuse to not pull on the shirt.

Our current lot get immunity for me. Some have played on with knocks/injuries.

gosh some people amuse me!!!! here with have a team of heroes who have stayed with us through the bad times and done so bloody well , now god wiling with the takeover almost completed and hopefully some good times ,here you are talking about getting rid of players because they have an injury, and may i say a very decent player in Cardwell , yes i was calling him cardboard last season ,but he has done extremely well this season and carried the line up front very impressively also has scored 11 or 12 goals up to now. What we need is a couple of strikers to play along side of him also another playmaking /goal scoring midfielder and a general in defence ,someone who can help these young lads .

In years past I would bemoan injured players, mainly because we had some who would find any excuse to not pull on the shirt.

Our current lot get immunity for me. Some have played on with knocks/injuries.

Yes we did have some malingers but not anymore.

As you say lets not cloud our bright new future for sins of the past. Its positivity all the way to Wembley in May.

And here I was wondering what we'd argue about once the takeover was done...

No way we should cash in on Cardwell now. Whilst JS has no doubt done his homework, there are no guarantees that anyone we bring in will hit the ground running. Plus, as others have said, we'd need to find another striker as backup. Losing a proven goalscorer at this stage of the season would be massively shooting ourselves in the foot.

Id like to think that with recent developments, SUFC starts to become a more attractive proposition for players to join.

A manager who wants to play proper football.
A board with some vision and foresight, I hope!
One of the best fanbases at this level, and growing.
A chance to properly further their career if they do well for Southend...Maher and Co.'s record thus far on signings has been very good indeed, and the ones I personally see as failures, I'm thinking Lopata & Mooney, failed themselves IMO.

UTB

Yes we did have some malingers but not anymore.

As you say lets not cloud our bright new future for sins of the past. Its positivity all the way to Wembley in May.
Agreed. Thank goodness the likes of Dieng have moved on.

I’ll be holding off booking a holiday in early May fellow Shrimpers.

Dieng was a virtual ever present for L2 promotion team Exeter after he left us. Then played 38 games last season across L1 and 2 helping Gills avoid relegation from a bleak situation. A bloke who is regularly available, can play at that level at the back, in midfield or up front would be an asset to us right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back