• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison Neal would imo be excellent cover (and take some load off Husin too)for Cav who doesn't look like being back in action until Feb according to boywonder2 any chance itk ?

Embargo being lifted on the 27th I believe so would expect at least two new faces if not three
Given what Still said on tv and after getting Sandat, my expectation is 2 max for now. Striker and a midfielder in this round. Give it a month then I’d look at a first team cb and maybe cover for gsm (though that could be vilhete).

Where on earth is Louis Lomas?!

Harrison Neal would imo be excellent cover (and take some load off Husin too)for Cav who doesn't look like being back in action until Feb according to boywonder2 any chance itk ?
Would Harrison be happy to come in as just cover though? Personally I want to see some permanent signings - yeah I know, I'm being greedy 🙂

Would Harrison be happy to come in as just cover though? Personally I want to see some permanent signings - yeah I know, I'm being greedy 🙂

Permanent signings at this time of year will presumably need transfer fees paid - not sure that's needed when decent players will be available for nothing in the summer.

I don't think Neal would be cover - he'd be a starter surely

I spoke to Kev once about the signing of Cardwell mid season and his view was that it was better to pay a small fee and get the player, rather than get in a bun fight at the end of the season, where you end up paying higher wages because there isn’t a transfer fee.
Assuming there's cash available for transfer fees.

I can see both sides of the coin - guess there isn't a right or wrong answer.

It’s all about building a team to get us promoted so I would agree with getting the players in asap. Let’s be honest, we have waited long enough….

Harrison neal as cover 🤣🤣… he would be the first name on our team sheet

The transfer targets being trailed sound like we’re building a team that won’t break the bank and ‘might’ get us promoted.

What the odds on us keeping cards I reckon its unlikely personally but who knows .. anyone else have a feeling we may cash in on him if a decent offer comes in ?

What the odds on us keeping cards I reckon its unlikely personally but who knows .. anyone else have a feeling we may cash in on him if a decent offer comes in ?
I do not think so. Kevin Maher always speaks very highly of Harry Cardwell and describes him as an outstanding all-round striker. Of course, money talks but it would take an awful lot of money to get a conversation going about Cardwell, judging by Kevin's remarks.

In fact, I think once the embargo is lifted the management team will be anxious to get a new improved contract for Cardwell as soon as possible.

I do not think so. Kevin Maher always speaks very highly of Harry Cardwell and describes him as an outstanding all-round striker. Of course, money talks but it would take an awful lot of money to get a conversation going about Cardwell, judging by Kevin's remarks.

In fact, I think once the embargo is lifted the management team will be anxious to get a new improved contract for Cardwell as soon as possible.

Well I’ve heard he’s wanting a fair bit of money toward a new deal and just think it bit to much for non league personally .. but will see what happens .

Well I’ve heard he’s wanting a fair bit of money toward a new deal and just think it bit to much for non league personally .. but will see what happens .
Needs to stay fit as well, it’s been great having him for so many games and makes a huge difference when he plays. Obvs our circumstances havnt helped and as our only out and out striker he has had a large workload. But he is a real asset at this level. Hopefully a few weeks off will help but if he is out for months you would have to question long term whether he is right for a new deal or we could shop elsewhere

Needs to stay fit as well, it’s been great having him for so many games and makes a huge difference when he plays. Obvs our circumstances havnt helped and as our only out and out striker he has had a large workload. But he is a real asset at this level. Hopefully a few weeks off will help but if he is out for months you would have to question long term whether he is right for a new deal or we could shop elsewhere

Yeah totally agree with what you say he top for this level but as you say is it worth it whilst he is out for long term . I probs say get some cash in for him if possible and get someone else that may be better to have plus can play asap even though make take sometime for them to settle in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back