• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a maximum players we’re allowed to register? It’s just that the three amigos may get a little carried away👀

I’d hope JS and co are looking at Jermaine Francis at Chelmsford. Saw him a few times last season for Hashtag and was miles clear of that level (step 4) and has seemingly stepped up to NLS level with ease, good age, rapid, skilfull and a Granada international I believe. Could do with a player like this I think as pace is one of the assets our small squad is definitely lacking.
I have only seen video-clips of Jermaine Francis but while he clearly skilful and fast, he is very dependent on his right-foot and can sometimes slow play down in order to avoid using his left-foot.

No your right they're not. Equally lets not 'cash in' now because of what might be asked for in May.

For start it wouldn't be a lot of dollar and we would have to spend the same to poach a 10+ so far this season target man. One that doesn't know the team and fit the Amigo model.

The work rate Harry does for a big number 9 is outstanding and its the main reason we aren't sitting in 24th place. So what if he has been injured in the cause....We owe him not the other way round.

Going forward under a new banner lets forget about targeting injured players.....Silence for the Injury, whingury fans amongst us will be good start.
What I wrote was in no way meant to be a whinge.

Football is an unsentimental business where sometimes very difficult decisions have to be made. These involve making guesses about the future.

I accept all of what you have written but at the same time still believe the point I was trying to make is a valid one ie there are risks to signing players with a history of injury on a long term basis.

What’s all this talk of releasing Cards? One of the clubs best players, better in a diamond formation with the team playing their hearts out and jack delivering an ace cross. At the moment he’s our numero UNO scorer, flush with goals. Stop making these snap judgements and give him a new deal. Bert Baccarat even made a song about him. Trump that!

What I wrote was in no way meant to be a whinge.

Football is an unsentimental business where sometimes very difficult decisions have to be made. These involve making guesses about the future.

I accept all of what you have written but at the same time still believe the point I was trying to make is a valid one ie there are risks to signing players with a history of injury on a long term basis.

I wasn't aiming the whinge point at you personally.

Unfortunately we had shocking few seasons with serious longterm injuries and breaks wich peaked with CP having about 14 in a year. It put us in deeper financial trouble and cost CP his job. We ended up spiralling down and signing some real p*** takers and malingers.

From then on some posters on here view any injury with total suspicion and want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

My point was, So far the Amigos and JS have proved they really don't want that sort pf player and have chosen wisely. Some of our lads have the best 'Tude" any of us have seen for decades.....I believe that will only get better and improve with proper funding.

Of course they will still suffer injuries. Miley and Cardwell have been huge blows to us and it shows in our results. Both should be kept at all 'reasonable' costs.....In both their cases I would greatly stretch the word reasonable.

Peace and happy New Year to you my fellow Shrimper.

With Cards and Miley injured, my current immediate wish-list would replacing these two.

The last two games and shown that we are woefully light up front, and has shown just how hardworking, effective and difficult to replace Cards at this level.

Also, since Miley has been out, apart from a couple of outstanding performances from Husin, we’ve struggled to replace Cavs role in the team.

With Cards and Miley injured, my current immediate wish-list would replacing these two.

The last two games and shown that we are woefully light up front, and has shown just how hardworking, effective and difficult to replace Cards at this level.

Also, since Miley has been out, apart from a couple of outstanding performances from Husin, we’ve struggled to replace Cavs role in the team.
I think the two “green” names, according to the traffic light system, will be replacements / cover for these two areas.

Danny Waldron is a very good goalscorer at the level below and Morton is a great CDM option to cover for Miley. I think he can also play CB comfortably, but someone may need to confirm that.

If we can get those two in, added to the new long term contracts for the three amigos, that will be a fantastic start to life under JR & Co.

I’d heard someone (maybe from LS) that Morton had signed but he was playing for WSM yesterday. Not sure what the situation is there

I’d hope JS and co are looking at Jermaine Francis at Chelmsford. Saw him a few times last season for Hashtag and was miles clear of that level (step 4) and has seemingly stepped up to NLS level with ease, good age, rapid, skilfull and a Granada international I believe. Could do with a player like this I think as pace is one of the assets our small squad is definitely lacking.
I mentioned him a while back, and showed his highlights video. He will be on the radar. Don't forget that John Still and a few others have many contacts in the game. So they also put the feelers out about a players attitude, punctuality, personality, a team player, whether he's troublesome, etc. So lessons have been learnt from the past, and they don't just want to sign a good player. They want him to get on with everyone and be loyal and do the best for the club, the staff, and the fans, as well as himself. It's a very close knit group. The last thing they want is a player that disrupts that.

Hopefully get some news today 🤞🤞
Yes it would be superb if the embargo is called off today. However, can we be sure that the decision makers at the NL will be available this week and could just one person make the decision or does it have to go to a committee? The holiday period could frustrate us, hopefully not though.

It’ll need to be belting signings to find an instant solution to two of our most influential players, Cards and Cav being missing. Form in and out for a while yet I imagine with playoffs a long shot.

Hopefully get some news today 🤞🤞
Will they want to give that away this early? If we wait until the day of the game Barnet don’t have time to prepare for our new additions and do research.

However, we would all love to get excited over new signing tweets. The amount of time we’ve had to prepare for actual signings and the embargo lifted the social media team should have some belting reveals ready!

Sounds like Cards is only getting an injection this week, so it could be mid Jan before he's available. Will need a week on top of a recovery week to regain match fitness after a longer than predicted absence.
Appears there's probably two from the league below and one from two or three leagues below coming in late this week. Reasonably young and not much experience. A big experienced forward would have been good.
Might be time to integrate JD back into the starting line up. Adds snap and pressure onto the opposition and can see a through ball. Not sure at who's expense though! The stats when hes on the pitch indicate a significantly higher win rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back