• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing we seem to lack is pace.

None of our side are lightening quick.

Waldron seemed quite mobile and Cardwell isnt a slouch but that rapid sort of pace that creates chances, especially away from home is sadly lacking.

No one in the NL is lighting quick. If they were they have already been snapped up by the EFL.....That goes for all positions.

By NL standards Callum Powell and Jack Wood are quick But non of us have them in staring 11. Quite a few wouldn't have them on the bench or even at the club.

As JS pointed out at the Ciffs we are done when it comes to signing any starters. A good but relatively cheap prospect from Hitchin with next season in mind, then Yes.

Lets not ask to many questions after losing at Chesterfield. Its now the job of Kev&co, the squad and all us fans to give it our best shot over the next 3 months.

Lets start on Saturday. January was suppose to be a big month but was mainly cancelled. Its now Feb with 6 games in 24 days. 4 at home including 3 against teams above us. Time for the whole club to stand up and relish the challenge....We are SUFC.

yes i see your point, maybe he needs a rest from the mental side to reboot. Ralph is defo more direct in that role and gets the ball in quicker and with Cardwell, Waldron and Dackers available we have plenty of height to get on the end of them. Its not a criticism of Bridge who has been excellant but we now have options. People saying crowther should start, who does in replace? Obvs answer is to push Ralph outwide for a game or two and Crowther in the back three
I like this idea, when Ralph gets the ball in quicker to Cards, Waldron and Dackers, please can we get the Header or shot on target.🤞🤞🤞👌🫶🧢🧢

No one in the NL is lighting quick. If they were they have already been snapped up by the EFL.....That goes for all positions.

By NL standards Callum Powell and Jack Wood are quick But non of us have them in staring 11. Quite a few wouldn't have them on the bench or even at the club.

As JS pointed out at the Ciffs we are done when it comes to signing any starters. A good but relatively cheap prospect from Hitchin with next season in mind, then Yes.

Lets not ask to many questions after losing at Chesterfield. Its now the job of Kev&co, the squad and all us fans to give it our best shot over the next 3 months.

Lets start on Saturday. January was suppose to be a big month but was mainly cancelled. Its now Feb with 6 games in 24 days. 4 at home including 3 against teams above us. Time for the whole club to stand up and relish the challenge....We are SUFC.
Blimey, Riggers has turned into Churchill. Not sure I can take this level of positivity. Off for a lay down.

I was trying to point out in a jokey way that the lad won't have been sat on his sofa watching netflix, smashing down pukka pies
I must admit I read it as he would have been doing a lot of his own work privately so that he is now in a position to be back on the grass. We know how hard he works in pre season.

Genuine misunderstanding I think and certainly not in any way intended to doubt @BoyWonder2 who usually comes up with 100% spot on info.

Not sure about fighting the Geordies on the beaches.

Here in Thorpe bay 'I'm more likely to share glass of red. Perhaps a decent lunch of Rod Line caught Sea bass on a bed of Wild Spinach with hand picked Wild Mushrooms.
Can I join you please ? 👍👌🥰🧢

Players don't end up in EFL just for being extremely fast. There's far more to it than that to make it as a pro footballer lol. Likewise it doesn't dictate the level they play. Wayne Gray as an example was faster than a huge majority of Prem league players at the time when in Lg2. Not suggesting pace isn't a great asset but the biggest difference in level is decision making (from many pro sources).

just seen oldham have signed joe garner from carlisle a good goal scorer but a big gamble at 35
Mental - that's 7 or 8 strikers they've got now. Realistically, at least half of those will know they've got more chance of waking up on the Moon than they do getting near Oldham's matchday squad. Keeping the whole squad happy is going to be a real challenge.

You mustn’t discriminate when it comes to fighting Geordies… beaches, Supermarkets, queues for the job centre, they’re game wherever they go
They're definitely game at the Shore... even the hunchback of Notre Dame would have no trouble scoring there. Thinking about that, we should have sent the Goodship to Shore!

Players don't end up in EFL just for being extremely fast. There's far more to it than that to make it as a pro footballer lol. Likewise it doesn't dictate the level they play. Wayne Gray as an example was faster than a huge majority of Prem league players at the time when in Lg2. Not suggesting pace isn't a great asset but the biggest difference in level is decision making (from many pro sources).
Yes but at the same time clubs higher up the food chain will gamble on their academies being able to improve the decision making of young players who are extremely fast so they usually get snapped up.

Austen Booth leaves Taunton after buying out his contract amid rumoured interest from higher up the pyramid. Wonder if we’re one of the clubs supposedly interested? 25 year old defender/midfielder, highly sought after by the sounds of it and seems to fit the recruitment model.

A few messaging me about the recent comments by Maher about nothing close being on the horizon and what that means for the deal to buy Finley Wilkinson.

Understand he had a medical at the club last week. Seems to be moving along as expected.

Like the move for Danny Waldron, these things take time. Especially when you're bringing in a player who has never played full-time football (jobs to sort) and dealing with clubs who are essentially losing their most prized asset to one of the 'big guns' in the National League 👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back