• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have missed the sort of chaos Powell brings to the attack. He's direct and unpredictable. Yes a lot of times he heads down blind alleys, or fires a shot that threatens the windows in the South Stand flats, but he must be a nightmare to defend against.
I think he is just trying to aim at this guys window.

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
Isn't this supposed to be Woods role?
I really like Wood but think his confidence has been stunted given the ongoing situation at the club in recent times. Kev clearly doesn’t think he’s ready and perhaps he’s right However, his footwork and quality is there to see but he was potentially overused and in and out of the side, which lead to losing a bit of his edge. Really hope he comes good for us and not someone else. He can absolutely fill this position.

We need someone like Callum Powell

Even though loads of you seem to not like him 😏

Hopefully we see him back fully for the whole of next season
Looking forward to Powell hitting the new score board!
I feel what is needed is an attacking coach because there has been little improvement from free kicks , corners, crosses , shooting from edge of box , etc etc

We need someone like Callum Powell

Even though loads of you seem to not like him 😏

Hopefully we see him back fully for the whole of next season

I like Powell and the way he plays. Right up to when he passes it to the keeper like Dackers at the weekend :Smile:

I'm always complaining we don't shoot enough but Powell is definitely one that shouldn't be encouraged to shoot!

Looking forward to Powell hitting the new score board!
I feel what is needed is an attacking coach because there has been little improvement from free kicks , corners, crosses , shooting from edge of box , etc etc
I like Powell and the way he plays. Right up to when he passes it to the keeper like Dackers at the weekend :Smile:

I'm always complaining we don't shoot enough but Powell is definitely one that shouldn't be encouraged to shoot!
I feel like you've forgotten we are a national league side with national league players

If Powell was as clinical as some fans desire him to be, he wouldn't be at this level

Powell unlocks teams and makes things happen from nothing, he's extremely valuable until replaced with a better model. And outside of League 2 you won't find many

In his football boots, on the grass?

I’m telling you, he was back out on the pitch today. Non-contact stuff, all part of his rehab, away from the main group, but back on the grass.
I was trying to point out in a jokey way that the lad won't have been sat on his sofa watching netflix, smashing down pukka pies

I feel like you've forgotten we are a national league side with national league players

If Powell was as clinical as some fans desire him to be, he wouldn't be at this level

Powell unlocks teams and makes things happen from nothing, he's extremely valuable until replaced with a better model. And outside of League 2 you won't find many

Completely agree but both can be true, needed in the side and preferred not to be the final shooter! As I said I like Powell and the way he plays. We are a better, more dangerous side with him in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back