• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one reading this thread and thinking “God if only we’d signed one of McCallum, Cheek or even Josh Kelly, imagine where we’d be”. But then I remind myself we’ve played most of this season with 1-2 players on the bench and realise that we’d probably still be mid-table because of Ron.

Let’s get this takeover done and then hopefully we can really kick on. I wouldn’t want us to go for Cheek now. At 33 and the wages he’d command I think we could use that money better personally.

I believe that the T.F.L. (The Football League) "January" transfer window ends at the end of the day on 1st February - that's a week away.

Very pleased thus far that there haven't been any significant rumours about any of our current players moving on.

And I'm not sure that teams above in the league have lost many players either. Is that usual or can we expect a flurry of activity in the few days

Without any inside knowledge on Dallas, this is my take.

Kev is an extremely loyal person. I know he was ticked off at the demand of us fans other a striker to come in as opposed to being more than happy with the lads we have and what they’ve done for us. He knows his players inside out, and has gone above and beyond for a number of them.

My gut is he wants to extend Sandat’s loan first. That’s his priority. He wanted to keep hold of Sandat last summer, but obviously couldn’t. Knows his character, his style of play etc etc.

Now, if Hull don’t want us to keep him, or want him playing elsewhere, Kev will want another body in attack. He wants four strikers, four out and out strikers.

Dallas, without the embargo in the summer, would have been ours previously. Kev is a big fan of Dallas. Whether the budget will allow us to have Dallas on loan, but sure. Even a percentage will still be a fair whack. Sandat is on less at Hull than Dallas at Barnsley would be my guess.

We SHOULD have another body through the door this week. With that, would we have more left, especially when we are still working to tie down existing players on new deals….

Time will tell.

I don’t believe Walker is a go-er as another striker as a side note. Bit like Harrison Neal, interest in him is coming higher up the food chain. After his spell at Daggers, does he feel like he has “proved himself” at this level and want to try higher?

As predicted, Sandat extended till the end of the season, and Walker going higher up the food chain, like Harrison Neal.

Maidstone United goalkeeper Lucas Covolan had a blinder against Ipswich Town in the FA Cup today. Too good for the National League South, any idea if he has been looked at?

I was at that game today due to my brother being ipswich fan...... talk about smash and grab but fair play to them they took there chances. The keeper does look standard above where they are.

Maidstone United goalkeeper Lucas Covolan had a blinder against Ipswich Town in the FA Cup today. Too good for the National League South, any idea if he has been looked at?

Martin Keown mentioned that keeper struggling with mental health in the past. That may be why he is playing where he is. He certainly looked solid today and he did in the previous round too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back