• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m told size does make a difference
i mostly remember the shock of when we first moved into the Championship, it was like playing against a team of giants every week and struggling against the level of physicality alone at times
Yes, size does seem to make a difference, we have often looked a bit too lightweight in recent seasons, the new signings should rectify that. We are looking good squad wise now the only weakness seems to be a lack of goals from central midfield players and still a big problem with no contribution goal wise from Kensdale and Taylor, not one between them all season, hopefully Crowther can be selected as he scores regularly from set pieces.

9 times out of 10 a champion team will defeat a team of champions, What JS ,Kev and co are building here is a champion team, with a distinct style of play ,good to the eyes and a style that the players are endorsing. Next season could be quite something if we dont make the playoffs this season .

Depends how much money you have. Now we have new owners we have more clout than most in this league. Most sides in our league wouldn't be able to spend the relatively small amounts we have in bringing in the recent signings we have.

Wrexham on a bigger scale bought in a team of top class players for this level which more often than not leads to a team of Champions. Same as Stockport and Notts County to a lesser extent.

Dallas signed for Oldham until end of season.
Yep - as reported by @manor15 yesterday evening in this very thread if you scroll back a page!

Interesting they're still classing Wood as a striker - whereas the popular opinion on here seems to be a midfielder?
He's been playing there so he's mentioned as an option which seems fair enough. And they don't mention Brooklyn! So he's obviously seen as a viable option going forward- but I do think he has not had opportunities in an attacking midfield role that would be where he would be more comfortable. That said Kev & co know much better than us where his future lies...

"Henry's deal includes a clause that makes him eligible for the National League play-offs should we qualify"

Sexy beast
Important I think because normally a loan to the end of the season would not include this period, and we wouldn't be able to extend when we know we've qualified as the NL window closes prior- in March?

Interesting they're still classing Wood as a striker - whereas the popular opinion on here seems to be a midfielder?

I think he’s more of a forward than a midfielder but it’s that grey area between being an attacking midfielder or a deeper lying forward.

Our nomenclature hasn’t really moved past 4-4-2 whereas that’s a formation rarely seen these days. In the old days of a W or M formation would he have been called an inside forward?

I think he’s more of a forward than a midfielder but it’s that grey area between being an attacking midfielder or a deeper lying forward.

Our nomenclature hasn’t really moved past 4-4-2 whereas that’s a formation rarely seen these days. In the old days of a W or M formation would he have been called an inside forward?
A nomenclature by any other name. I love the breeze as such words whoosh way above my head. Yorkshire Blue you are now my official Professor Football 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back