• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
So…5 players in since the embargo lifted and another rumoured one to come.

At what point do we close the doors and say squad complete?
Probs after this potential last 1 maybe .. unless we get bad luck with injuries . See how we go until end of season and hopefully get 1/2 more current players signed up on longer term deals.

All off topic posts since Seldom Seen Shrimper asked who our least successful Maher signing was - including all the Lomas discussion have been moved to their own thread.

The title of that thread aligns with the original question.

Please can we have no more off topic posts - back to transfer chat.
Agreed. Best Manhattan Transfer song? I'm going with Chanson d'Amour

I reckon we’ll try and get an old head up top for next season, Goatee style. McCallum is my bet.
There's been no indication in two years of transfer activity that we would do something like that. The strategy we've been on has reversed the downward spiral but whether it gets us out of this league we are going to see. I don't think it was the Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, Stockport strategy. If it doesn't get us up no doubt it'll be back to getting some of the been there done it types you suggest.

There's been no indication in two years of transfer activity that we would do something like that. The strategy we've been on has reversed the downward spiral but whether it gets us out of this league we are going to see. I don't think it was the Wrexham, Chesterfield, Notts County, Stockport strategy. If it doesn't get us up no doubt it'll be back to getting some of the been there done it types you suggest.
I wasn’t talking about a team of them just one, but you’re right why would they want an older head who’s scored 20+ goals already this season?

Last edited:

McCallum would have been ours without the embargo. We’ve also tried for Michael Cheek, who is an “experienced” front man.

Personally think we’d just wait until the summer to address that and if he gets injured we’d just get an emergency loan in
You might well be right, but we've already had to put GSM in goal because of an injury mid-match. I'd prefer not to have to do that again.

Are you able to elaborate as to how recent the Cheek interest was please BW2?
The Cheek interest was when we were looking at many strikers. Now Waldron has won that race, and we have two strikers on loan, we're O.K. for strikers at the moment. Of course we will need strikers when Sandat and Dackers go back. We may then go for Cheek as one of them as they say his contract expires at the end of June this year with Bromley. It's not the usual target, as Kev likes to build for the future, and Cheek will be 33 in August. But he is doing really well this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back