• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandat’s initial four week loan has now expired hasn’t it? His last game was due to be Saturday.

So, we are back to 3 if we aren’t able to extend. Maher was four strikers for the season. If Sandat cannot be extended till the end of the season, I can see another coming in.
Oh right I didn't realise that's gone quick! I mean I'd rather Dallas who we could possibly get on a perm than sandat. But also happy if they extend sandat until end of the season. Seems a good back up option and a good head in the dressing room too

A lot being said about the 'censorship' of Finley Wilkinson on here.

There's no need to worry about anything in respect of that move. Some confusion (and I make clear no criticism whatsoever of them - @Spaceman Spiff and @Cricko amongst others do a great job) on the part of the Mods as to the club's constant observations of what info is shared on here and they erred on the side of caution.

The transfer remains on and will be announced in due course:

It was rightly observed that Wilkinson did not play for Hitchin at the weekend. That is because of this move. He has not played in recent weeks due to a minor injury, as well as some games being cup games. I am led to believe that he has recovered from that injury and should be having a medical at the club this week. I won’t put a timescale on it because there is always someone on social media ready to jump at wrong dates and it’s out of my hands, but I’m hopeful it’ll be completed this week, if not, next.

Same as Danny Waldron – a few people on here are dissatisfied with this incoming signing. This move excites me more than the signing of Jack Wood. Plays in the division above and his stats this season from a number 10 position (plays in a role similar to Wes Fonguck) are particularly impressive. To put it into context, Wilkinson is playing in the league above the league Josh Stokes played in for AFC Sudbury last season. I do not need to go into detail as to Josh Stokes’ performances this season (a player on the whiteboard in the summer) – but he’s on the brink of a £250k move to Bristol City in the Championship. (Edit: his transfer has now been confirmed).

We are signing Wilkinson for a fee in the region of £3-4k and a sell-on clause. He will not be on extortionate money, and the deal is clearly low-risk. He’s a young, talented prospect. Let’s get behind him as it’s clearly a big move for the lad and could be another example of the magic done by John Still in identifying non-league talent.

Henry Sandat’s loan move is due to expire imminently. If extended that will likely indicate that we will not be signing Andrew Dallas given we will have four strikers on the books. Dallas can only play in the National League for the remainder of this season if he is to leave Barnsley on loan. Barnsley’s statement released clearly indicates that they plan to let him leave on loan, with a return to their first team expected for next season. As many will appreciate, a number of National League teams are interested. I am told by a reliable source that Oldham and Chesterfield (his former club) are interested. Oldham are also interested in Paul McCallum (another former name on the whiteboard). I cannot confirm if we are interested in Dallas or not, but I know for a fact that his agent spoke to Maher when he was at Solihull prior to his move to Chesterfield as to a possible move to us (the embargo obviously prevented that) and Maher is a big fan of the player.

As for other possible transfer news, the club are still keen to bring in a RWB as competition for Gus Scott-Morriss. No movement in this area at this stage. I said at the weekend that George Wind at Billericay is a player that I think would be a perfect fit – plays similar to Gus Scott-Morriss, and loves to bomb forward. Great crosser of the ball.

I do not think we should expect anything else at this stage, but that could change once the January transfer window closes for EFL clubs, given the deadline for NL clubs is 24 March 2024. What I should also say, and Dallas and McCallum last season are prime examples, is that some clubs in the National League are content for their ‘star’ players to come off the wage bill and move on loan to other clubs fighting for promotion if it comes to the point that they are in a position safe from relegation and comfortably sitting in midtable.

Special mention to @ShrimperStats too – some real impressive work recently.

Hoping the game is on tomorrow and another 3 points 🦐

Last edited:
Bristol City have just bought Josh Stokes and loaned him back to Aldershot for the rest of the season. Not fanciful to think players at our level can be attractive to teams in the second tier.

A lot being said about the 'censorship' of Finley Wilkinson on here.

There's no need to worry about anything in respect of that move. Some confusion (and I make clear no criticism whatsoever of them - @Spaceman Spiff and @Cricko amongst others do a great job) on the part of the Mods as to the club's constant observations of what info is shared on here and they erred on the side of caution.

The transfer remains on and will be announced in due course:

It was rightly observed that Wilkinson did not play for Hitchin at the weekend. That is because of this move. He has not played in recent weeks due to a minor injury, as well as some games being cup games. I am led to believe that he has recovered from that injury and should be having a medical at the club this week. I won’t put a timescale on it because there is always someone on social media ready to jump at wrong dates and it’s out of my hands, but I’m hopeful it’ll be completed this week, if not, next.

Same as Danny Waldron – a few people on here are dissatisfied with this incoming signing. This move excites me more than the signing of Jack Wood. Plays in the division above and his stats this season from a number 10 position (plays in a role similar to Wes Fonguck) are particularly impressive. To put it into context, Wilkinson is playing in the same league as Josh Stokes for AFC Sudbury last season. I do not need to go into detail as to Josh Stokes’ performances this season (a player on the whiteboard in the summer) – but he’s on the brink of a £250k move to Bristol City in the Championship.

We are signing Wilkinson for a fee in the region of £3-4k and a sell-on clause. He will not be on extortionate money, and the deal is clearly low-risk. He’s a young, talented prospect. Let’s get behind him as it’s clearly a big move for the lad and could be another example of the magic done by John Still in identifying non-league talent.

Henry Sandat’s loan move is due to expire imminently. If extended that will likely indicate that we will not be signing Andrew Dallas given we will have four strikers on the books. Dallas can only play in the National League for the remainder of this season if he is to leave Barnsley on loan. Barnsley’s statement released clearly indicates that they plan to let him leave on loan, with a return to their first team expected for next season. As many will appreciate, a number of National League teams are interested. I am told by a reliable source that Oldham and Chesterfield (his former club) are interested. Oldham are also interested in Paul McCallum (another former name on the whiteboard). I cannot confirm if we are interested in Dallas or not, but I know for a fact that his agent spoke to Maher when he was at Solihull prior to his move to Chesterfield as to a possible move to us (the embargo obviously prevented that) and Maher is a big fan of the player.

As for other possible transfer news, the club are still keen to bring in a RWB as competition for Gus Scott-Morriss. No movement in this area at this stage. I said at the weekend that George Wind at Billericay is a player that I think would be a perfect fit – plays similar to Gus Scott-Morriss, and loves to bomb forward. Great crosser of the ball.

I do not think we should expect anything else at this stage, but that could change once the January transfer window closes for EFL clubs, given the deadline for NL clubs is 24 March 2024. What I should also say, and Dallas and McCallum last season are prime examples, is that some clubs in the National League are content for their ‘star’ players to come off the wage bill and move on loan to other clubs fighting for promotion if it comes to the point that they are in a position safe from relegation and comfortably sitting in midtable.

Special mention to @ShrimperStats too – some real impressive work recently.

Hoping the game is on tomorrow and another 3 points 🦐
There is no just cause for you to criticise the mods - me on this occasion - so it’s good to hear that you aren’t.

The issue with deletions on this occasion was the very unclear private messages you fired off - several within a few minutes - urging immediate deletion. Your PMs did not say that your ask was fundamentally different this time than the last time you sent similar PMs, so I took the same approach you requested then. On reflection I should have checked, but it was half past midnight and I was in bed with flu but still modding here. There were no other mods around.

Everything posted by everyone else has been fair and reasonable publicly available information. It was entirely reasonable to post here. In future we might be less amenable to requests to delete things - especially as it seems to only lead to grief from our perspective.

He looks useful, very direct and everything he does is playing forward, clearly knows where the net is and seems aggressive in his approach when driving with the ball , easy to get carried away with these snippets but can see him being a good player a level above still

Looks a very good young prospect, pace and control of the ball, tackles back, good range of passing, including decent long balls, great goals, ?either foot, drives forward well fro midfiled and takes up good positions

So did Wood in videos. Wood is growing into it. Takes a while to adjust
And we should remember Wood has been used out of position as well, so given the step up and that I think has done better than some maybe give him credit for.

Now the striker situation is being fixed hopefully we will se him develop in his more natural role.

And we should remember Wood has been used out of position as well, so given the step up and that I think has done better than some maybe give him credit for.

Now the striker situation is being fixed hopefully we will se him develop in his more natural role.
It would do no harm to remember that John Still felt that Jack Wood could be one of his best discoveries. As has been said, all forward work and no midfield play could make Jack a dull boy.

He looks tall in that video as well, with the taller players we already have we're starting to get a more formidable team as well. We've been guilty of being a bit soft in the past. Great these things are being considered as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back