• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever looked at games where bridge was injured and Ralph played lwb and the impact on the game?

Where do you think remy would have played?

When I've seen Ralph play lwb - he's a good player but we lose much attacking threat without a winger like bridge. Someone who can create from wide is so important for balls into the box and around the box. Guss on the other side players more like a winger too in positioning, has the legacy of being a strong opposition box player but can also track back to defend.

A player that can play as a winger/wide mid but can tackle back I would have said better than just having full backs who can cross the ball.n

Maybe fonguck could play instead of bridge with Morton replacing in mid. To bring on a "bridge" on the right could be interesting if chasing the game, playing a defensive team or removing bridge and having a wide right focus.

Looking at some of the formations whilst we change by phase as a setup it's more 31421?
Tbh I haven’t looked into the data for when Ralph has played at LWB instead of Bridge, but he’s clearly not as creative. Bridge is excellent at creating space for himself, rather than needing space to be created for him, which is one of the reasons I think we’re more effective down our left-side. Ralph is still able to get a good cross into the penalty area though, and is quite a similar profile to GSM.

The issue with having two proper wingers as wing-backs, is that they’d both be asked to defend in the back five, which isn’t ideal.

Regarding your last point, I remember at the end of last season, Mooney was subbed on at RWB to break down a Wealdstone side who were sitting very deep after going down to 10 men.

Is our recruitment process even in place to consider guys like Mancini and Dallas? It seems to me that any permanent signings we are making all come from lower down the pyramid playing part time rather than NL/EFL level.

This is in contrast to Oldham who seem to be making some very strong signings from higher up.
I’d say that it’s about which targets are realistic. Imo, it’s not realistic to expect to sign players who are already first-choice for a big club in the same division as us. However, it’s much more likely we’d be able to afford someone who’s playing at a lower level, or a a smaller club in our division (e.g. Mooney). That’s not to say that it can’t happen, though. I made the suggestions in my recruitment plan as realistic as possible for this very reason (although I did include Mancini, but made the point that it wouldn’t be that realistic).

Have you considered Josh Walker ( Burton) Striker Well known by JS and Kev. For what it is worth I believe would fit us like a glove
I think he’d be a good fit, but didn’t include him in my recruitment document as I was specifically looking for players in the NL and NL N/S; the same reason why Dallas wasn’t included.

He hasn't been in their squad since the first game of January to be fair.
True, but that's a little misleading in that he's been solidly in their team and having a big impact this season. He played and scored in a 2-2 draw away to Nuneaton Borough (😢) on 5th January.

Since then there have been three fixtures - he missed a midweek Herts Senior Cup match on 9 January, followed by last Saturday and last Tuesday's league games (all three were defeats for Hitchin).

That could easily be because discussions were going on behind the scenes so they opted to leave him out (other reasons could also be true, of course!).

Tbh I haven’t looked into the data for when Ralph has played at LWB instead of Bridge, but he’s clearly not as creative. Bridge is excellent at creating space for himself, rather than needing space to be created for him, which is one of the reasons I think we’re more effective down our left-side. Ralph is still able to get a good cross into the penalty area though, and is quite a similar profile to GSM.

The issue with having two proper wingers as wing-backs, is that they’d both be asked to defend in the back five, which isn’t ideal.

Regarding your last point, I remember at the end of last season, Mooney was subbed on at RWB to break down a Wealdstone side who were sitting very deep after going down to 10 men.
Yes agree on the 2 wingers. Like tilson he would have one creative winger and one more defensive.

Point is we lose bridge we need someone else similar or we lose our creative impact. This means we need a back up to bridge either on the left or on the right. Better still would be a player who could do both!

We don't need Dallas. Dackers is out of contract at end of the year and we will be looking at him if Salford let him go. We don't need 5 strikers

Sandat’s initial four week loan has now expired hasn’t it? His last game was due to be Saturday.

So, we are back to 3 if we aren’t able to extend. Maher was four strikers for the season. If Sandat cannot be extended till the end of the season, I can see another coming in.

We don't need Dallas. Dackers is out of contract at end of the year and we will be looking at him if Salford let him go. We don't need 5 strikers
If we are planning for next season, and Sandat isn't staying, who would be the 5 strikers?

I'd also discount Powell. He may play in a forward position, but he isn't a striker. He may also not be in our plans for next season.

If we did sign Dallas it would be a quality signing at this level.
He should have been with us already, but for that cursed embargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back