• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d be mad not to at least enquire about Dallas. He would be a significant upgrade to our forward line, even if it means Henry’s loan elapses and returns to Hull to balance books/numbers.

We have been big admirers in the recent past, although I’d probably believe a move to a more northern based club would be more likely at this stage.

My opinion anyway.

Presumably Dallas would be out of our wage bracket now - would he want to drop to NL wages or would we want a player on L1 wages?

Presumably Dallas would be out of our wage bracket now - would he want to drop to NL wages or would we want a player on L1 wages?
If it’s a loan deal, it won’t be an issue. We’d contribute a small percentage of his Barnsley salary.

Without any inside knowledge on Dallas, this is my take.

Kev is an extremely loyal person. I know he was ticked off at the demand of us fans other a striker to come in as opposed to being more than happy with the lads we have and what they’ve done for us. He knows his players inside out, and has gone above and beyond for a number of them.

My gut is he wants to extend Sandat’s loan first. That’s his priority. He wanted to keep hold of Sandat last summer, but obviously couldn’t. Knows his character, his style of play etc etc.

Now, if Hull don’t want us to keep him, or want him playing elsewhere, Kev will want another body in attack. He wants four strikers, four out and out strikers.

Dallas, without the embargo in the summer, would have been ours previously. Kev is a big fan of Dallas. Whether the budget will allow us to have Dallas on loan, but sure. Even a percentage will still be a fair whack. Sandat is on less at Hull than Dallas at Barnsley would be my guess.

We SHOULD have another body through the door this week. With that, would we have more left, especially when we are still working to tie down existing players on new deals….

Time will tell.

I don’t believe Walker is a go-er as another striker as a side note. Bit like Harrison Neal, interest in him is coming higher up the food chain. After his spell at Daggers, does he feel like he has “proved himself” at this level and want to try higher?

Taylor, Miley, & Fonguck were all signed from this level. And we have shown interest in Dallas before when he was at this level.

Whilst there’s clearly a preference for picking up players from the level below, I don’t think our recruitment process is limited to only considering players from the level below.
I wouldn’t say preference. I’d just suggest it’s easier to sign good players from the level below.

We can have almost our pick of the best players from NL N/S. Clubs may haggle for the best deal but usually when push comes to shove they won’t stand in the way of a player making a move into full-time football.

Compare that to when we sign from a club in our division. There are good players out there but there’s less incentive to move to a team in your division, particularly when they are below you in the league. Clubs are reluctant to sell their best players to rivals. Out of favour players will move midseason but are out of favour players at this level a better bet than someone tearing up NLN? If you’re guaranteed a starting spot at your current club a sideways move where you’ll have to establish yourself is less appealing - you might as well wait until a league club comes in.

Plenty of sentiment meeting with cold decisions to improve squad/team quality.
Inevitable feelings after such a period of players giving everything in such rat induced circumstances.
I love em all to bits.
However if the opportunity arises to get an upgrade then it has to be taken surely.

Inevitable feelings after such a period of players giving everything in such rat induced circumstances.
I love em all to bits.
However if the opportunity arises to get an upgrade then it has to be taken surely.
This is how successful sides are built.

Last edited:
I love em all to bits.
Exactly. And work hard to find the others a new club. Don’t just ditch them, give them plenty of notice and make it clear that they have a great character, where they do of course

Last edited:
Is there a reason his name is confidential when others haven't been? There was a big purge of comments mentioning him the other day, did the club have a word with SZ about it?
Unless lives are at risk censorship is usually not a good idea. There often is little logic in it especially when rumours 'leaked' on here have already been posted on social media. Although this kind of information might well be news to SZ afficionados the subject matter will invariably be already well known within football's incestuous inner circle.

While the scoops of LS might be gold to most of us on Shrimperzone any well informed agent or club with a functioning scouting network will have already heard all about it.

My admiration and respect for the mods on here remains unstinted and what I have written above should in no way be regarded as criticism of them ot their actions.

While their love of the club and good faith is not in dispute the common sense of whoever 'leant' on them is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back