• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just see Dallas has been recalled back to Barnsley I know Kev was keen in summer any chance if we’re still interested or have we moved on as we got fair few options now for sure especially with the addition of Waldron yesterday. I see he’s not scored in Scottish league either .

Pretty certain everyone that has seen him likes him. Whether he is attainable is another thing altogether.
Mancini scores a 25 yd stunner to secure a much needed win for Hartlepool, he seems to be getting back to the form of pre injury and I would guess there new manager wouldn't let him go easily, also Wreh was on the bench back from his loan..

Mancini scores a 25 yd stunner to secure a much needed win for Hartlepool, he seems to be getting back to the form of pre injury and I would guess there new manager wouldn't let him go easily, also Wreh was on the bench back from his loan..
I went to the Jeff Stelling event at the cliffs and he said to me without Mancini he thinks they could be relegated.

Andrew Dallas has been recalled by Barnsley from Kilmarnock lack of game time… they are looking to loan him out again until the summer where they will asses his future !! I know we were linked so if sandat went back could we have him?😀

@ShrimperStats is beyond elite.
Essential follow on twitter
Brings the depth of analysis you can just paw over for ages and learn some of the nuances of the plan set out by the three amigos. Then he'll tell you how the players are contributing to said plan. And then he'll point out statistically how new/potential signings will fit in.
Masterful
I have to make a point of agreeing wholeheartedly with this @ShrimperStats

I spent a while this morning reading your analysis and thoughts, Very informative and please continue sharing! :Happy:

Where has Wreh been on loan?

Thanks mate!

Tbh, the reason I didn't look for a Bridge back-up is because I don't think it's sensible to have someone who can only play in one position covering him when his place in the squad is so secure. For me, it makes more sense to bring in a LCB who can cover Ralph, and if Bridge was unavailable we could move Ralph to LWB. If this LCB can also cover LWB, then even better! As I mentioned in my recruitment document, I do think we have enough depth to cover LCB, but nobody can replicate what Ralph gives us in the final-third, which has knock-on effects for Bridge and Fonguck. I understand that we don't have a like-for-like cover for Bridge either, but I see LCB cover as more of a priority, as Bridge will typically play more matches than Ralph across a whole season.

And unfortunately I only have access to data down to NL N/S level, so can't see anything for Crowhurst.
Have you ever looked at games where bridge was injured and Ralph played lwb and the impact on the game?

Where do you think remy would have played?

When I've seen Ralph play lwb - he's a good player but we lose much attacking threat without a winger like bridge. Someone who can create from wide is so important for balls into the box and around the box. Guss on the other side players more like a winger too in positioning, has the legacy of being a strong opposition box player but can also track back to defend.

A player that can play as a winger/wide mid but can tackle back I would have said better than just having full backs who can cross the ball.n

Maybe fonguck could play instead of bridge with Morton replacing in mid. To bring on a "bridge" on the right could be interesting if chasing the game, playing a defensive team or removing bridge and having a wide right focus.

Looking at some of the formations whilst we change by phase as a setup it's more 31421?

Is our recruitment process even in place to consider guys like Mancini and Dallas? It seems to me that any permanent signings we are making all come from lower down the pyramid playing part time rather than NL/EFL level.

This is in contrast to Oldham who seem to be making some very strong signings from higher up.

Hi everyone. Here’s my recruitment document I’ve been working on. It’s a long read, but I’ve put shortcuts at the top of the page to take you straight to each position that I’ve written about to make it easier to navigate through, so people can keep going in and out of it instead of reading all of it at once! Thanks.

Have you considered Josh Walker ( Burton) Striker Well known by JS and Kev. For what it is worth I believe would fit us like a glove

Is our recruitment process even in place to consider guys like Mancini and Dallas? It seems to me that any permanent signings we are making all come from lower down the pyramid playing part time rather than NL/EFL level.

This is in contrast to Oldham who seem to be making some very strong signings from higher up.
Taylor, Miley, & Fonguck were all signed from this level. And we have shown interest in Dallas before when he was at this level.

Whilst there’s clearly a preference for picking up players from the level below, I don’t think our recruitment process is limited to only considering players from the level below.

We've signed 3 players on permanent deals. I don't think we'll be overly keen on adding to that.

I suspect we might try for a couple of loans but that's so difficult; we play a very particular style and parent clubs will expect minutes from their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back