• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Here’s my recruitment document I’ve been working on. It’s a long read, but I’ve put shortcuts at the top of the page to take you straight to each position that I’ve written about to make it easier to navigate through, so people can keep going in and out of it instead of reading all of it at once! Thanks.

Great stuff, top quality as always

For Gus backup (and bridge) , did you look at wide mids / wingers that are capable at tracking back rather than defenders?
For the GSM back-up options I only looked for right wing-backs, as I wanted them to be able to defend as a situational right-back for if we press Bridge higher up the pitch, which would leave us with a back four.

And I didn’t specifically look for Bridge back-ups, as I think that Bridge, Ralph and a LCB who can also cover LWB would give us enough depth.

For the GSM back-up options I only looked for right wing-backs, as I wanted them to be able to defend as a situational right-back for if we press Bridge higher up the pitch, which would leave us with a back four.

And I didn’t specifically look for Bridge back-ups, as I think that Bridge, Ralph and a LCB who can also cover LWB would give us enough depth.
I think you rate Vilhete higher than I do but I think a Bridge back-up would be top of my list now.

Whilst we could go Ralph at LWB it does alter our balance. Plus I think I’d rather go for the attacking cover as I’m comfortable with some of our defensive alternatives if trying to see out a game (Demi, Ralph, Taylor etc) but if we’re chasing a game I think we’re short of attacking options from the bench.

I’m not sure if that’s the role they envisaged Shiloh Remy in.

ps have you stats on Jaden Crowhurst - how would he rate as a potential Gus back-up?

Hi everyone. Here’s my recruitment document I’ve been working on. It’s a long read, but I’ve put shortcuts at the top of the page to take you straight to each position that I’ve written about to make it easier to navigate through, so people can keep going in and out of it instead of reading all of it at once! Thanks.

Nice work 👍

Nice work 👍
Thanks mate!

I think you rate Vilhete higher than I do but I think a Bridge back-up would be top of my list now.

Whilst we could go Ralph at LWB it does alter our balance. Plus I think I’d rather go for the attacking cover as I’m comfortable with some of our defensive alternatives if trying to see out a game (Demi, Ralph, Taylor etc) but if we’re chasing a game I think we’re short of attacking options from the bench.

I’m not sure if that’s the role they envisaged Shiloh Remy in.

ps have you stats on Jaden Crowhurst - how would he rate as a potential Gus back-up?
Tbh, the reason I didn't look for a Bridge back-up is because I don't think it's sensible to have someone who can only play in one position covering him when his place in the squad is so secure. For me, it makes more sense to bring in a LCB who can cover Ralph, and if Bridge was unavailable we could move Ralph to LWB. If this LCB can also cover LWB, then even better! As I mentioned in my recruitment document, I do think we have enough depth to cover LCB, but nobody can replicate what Ralph gives us in the final-third, which has knock-on effects for Bridge and Fonguck. I understand that we don't have a like-for-like cover for Bridge either, but I see LCB cover as more of a priority, as Bridge will typically play more matches than Ralph across a whole season.

And unfortunately I only have access to data down to NL N/S level, so can't see anything for Crowhurst.

In the anguish concerning the postponement of today's game new signing have rather taken a back seat. Suddenly, I thought we could all be cheered after not getting our Saturday afternoon football fix by news of another signing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah I had a notification that I had a post deleted but had no details on what one or why - guess it was one asking about the no10 role?
You received a notification with a message on it. That all mentions were deleted should also give you a hint. Please can we keep schtum on that subject for the time being. Thanks

In the anguish concerning the postponement of today's game new signing have rather taken a back seat. Suddenly, I thought we could all be cheered after not getting our Saturday afternoon football fix by news of another signing.

You received a notification with a message on it. That all mentions were deleted should also give you a hint. Please can we keep schtum on that subject for the time being. Thanks
Please note above. You were sent a notification - no mentions remaining is a pretty clear hint folks please!

Brilliant !, Well Done @ShrimperStats Excellent piece of work, very time consuming, a great read and reference tool.:Worthy::Worthy::Thank You::Good Posting:

Brilliant !, Well Done @ShrimperStats Excellent piece of work, very time consuming, a great read and reference tool.:Worthy::Worthy::Thank You::Good Posting:

@ShrimperStats is beyond elite.
Essential follow on twitter
Brings the depth of analysis you can just paw over for ages and learn some of the nuances of the plan set out by the three amigos. Then he'll tell you how the players are contributing to said plan. And then he'll point out statistically how new/potential signings will fit in.
Masterful
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back