• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the game had been on Tuesday would we have signed him on Tuesday without the renegotiations?

My person said we have “renegotiated” on an agreed deal, more than there were two issues that hadn’t been agreed. One was the sell on, and I’ve not been privy to what the other was, but it would have been either the structure of the deal (how much up front, how much over how many months and so on), or bonuses for goals, promotions, Euro squad inclusion, B’allon d’or’s etc.

Not saying I’m right and @londonshrimper. is wrong, but I’ve heard slightly different. However, I too had heard that Waldron was in for a medical. I believe photos have already been done, along with personal terms.

I think we might have agreed to what Rushall demanded in time for Tuesday, however we have had an extra couple of days to fight our corner.

My person said we have “renegotiated” on an agreed deal, more than there were two issues that hadn’t been agreed. One was the sell on, and I’ve not been privy to what the other was, but it would have been either the structure of the deal (how much up front, how much over how many months and so on), or bonuses for goals, promotions, Euro squad inclusion, B’allon d’or’s etc.

Not saying I’m right and @londonshrimper. is wrong, but I’ve heard slightly different. However, I too had heard that Waldron was in for a medical. I believe photos have already been done, along with personal terms.

I think we might have agreed to what Rushall demanded in time for Tuesday, however we have had an extra couple of days to fight our corner.
Sorry if stupid question so you’ve heard the same as london shrimper that it’s done now? Or are you saying there’s still the 2 issues?

Thanks

Looks like that corner flag is coming out of the cupboard again. It's been very busy lately. Happy days. We'll keep the corner flag flying here.

From Sky News Transfer Feed as below… hope it’s not Cardwell..

Exeter 'will sign striker' this window​

Exeter manager Gary Caldwell has said the club will sign at least one forward during January.
The Grecians are 20th in League One, having scored only 18 goals in 26 games this season, and in need of extra fire power to help keep their heads above the drop zone, with a three-point gap to the bottom four.
Speaking to BBC Radio Devon, Caldwell said: "It's not an enjoyable window, everyone's fighting for the same player, everyone's looking for the same thing.
"Different players have come up in the last week that weren't available two weeks ago, so a striker or maybe more than one striker will come in the building this window."

Exeter manager Gary Caldwell has said the club will sign at least one forward during January.
The Grecians are 20th in League One, having scored only 18 goals in 26 games this season, and in need of extra fire power to help keep their heads above the drop zone, with a three-point gap to the bottom four.
Speaking to BBC Radio Devon, Caldwell said: "It's not an enjoyable window, everyone's fighting for the same player, everyone's looking for the same thing.
"Different players have come up in the last week that weren't available two weeks ago, so a striker or maybe more than one striker will come in the building this window."
Can’t believe they would sanction an offer for an already injured player

Caldwell buying Cardwell. That won’t end well

Have to say if Exeter buy Caldwell it's a good deal, he spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Not sure if his body is up to the rigours of the professional game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back