• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident Cardwell will sign a new contract.

If Exeter came in before, when players wasn't being paid on time and he said [KM's words] he doesn't want to leave. Now that things are looking up, I don't see why that would change.
Why would any player be in a rush to leave with a consortium about to take over ready to splash the cash to get Southend back into the football league ?

People moaning about the length of time that the Waldron deal has been going on, in reality it’s nothing.

We’ve previously spent months talking to players who have gone elsewhere. We’ve spent longer than this on numerous deals under numerous managers and not landing our targets.

PB chased a player the whole of pre-season once and he chose elsewhere. The likes of Noel Hunt, Simon Cox & Michael Kightly were deals that took a lot longer than we’ve been speaking to Waldron.
Harry Forrester if I remember correctly, rejected us a couple of times

How long before the snipes start when they don't.....By the very people who have called for a well run, sustainable club.
Or perhaps they won't riggers, we can but wait and see. Trying to predict on ShrmperZone is a bit like herding cats, it ain't easy.

Don’t think he was happy anymore living down south
Well there you go - many factors could lead a player to want to leave, area, game time, relationship with other players/staff, opportunity to play at different level, money and of course it could be the club accepts an offer and wants the player to move!

Or perhaps they won't riggers, we can but wait and see. Trying to predict on ShrmperZone is a bit like herding cats, it ain't easy.

Not really RHB. There is already plenty of evidence over the delayed signing of Waldron. Clearly not our fault as they want a deal blocking 50% sell on.

Then there's calls for Sandat to be sent back. Or why develop another teams player etc. Henry arrived when we could barley name 11 players. He has won us our las 6 points and but for a linos flag v Barnet it could have been more. We are not doing Henry favour he is doing us the favour......Whilst so far having different partner every game.

Then we have Collin should be sent on loan to part timers in the NLS rather than getting good coaching from Dave Martin. Morton won't be fit enough and Dackers doesn't score 1 in 2.

Most of us trust JS, Kev & co and clearly so do the consortium. Who ever they choose most of us will be looking for there attributes and give our full support.....Others will look up pointless stats and sneer before they even see them play.

Thats not a dig at you or any mods. As you often post everyones entitled to an opinion. I agree with that......Even if its total b******s

Can’t imagine they want one of best players leaving
But that’s the model we are running with isn’t it? Buy low, sell high. We need to realise that for it to work the selling part has to happen.

Yes Cardwell has done well this season. Yes Kensdale has developed into a top centre half at this level. But if the right offer comes in for either we have to be ready and in a place to accept. That’s why we continue to buy players in positions we don’t need, succession planning.

I’ll be gutted to see the back of all of these players given what they have done for this club but I will wish them all well and hope they have hugely successful careers wherever they end up.

Not really RHB. There is already plenty of evidence over the delayed signing of Waldron. Clearly not our fault as they want a deal blocking 50% sell on.

Then there's calls for Sandat to be sent back. Or why develop another teams player etc. Henry arrived when we could barley name 11 players. He has won us our las 6 points and but for a linos flag v Barnet it could have been more. We are not doing Henry favour he is doing us the favour......Whilst so far having different partner every game.

Then we have Collin should be sent on loan to part timers in the NLS rather than getting good coaching from Dave Martin. Morton won't be fit enough and Dackers doesn't score 1 in 2.

Most of us trust JS, Kev & co and clearly so do the consortium. Who ever they choose most of us will be looking for there attributes and give our full support.....Others will look up pointless stats and sneer before they even see them play.

Thats not a dig at you or any mods. As you often post everyones entitled to an opinion. I agree with that......Even if its total b******s
You may well be right, and I marvel at your certainty in life. Nevertheless, as you say, it's about opinions, and sometimes they won't agree with yours, that's the beauty and scariness of the Zone.:Winking:

But that’s the model we are running with isn’t it? Buy low, sell high. We need to realise that for it to work the selling part has to happen.

Yes Cardwell has done well this season. Yes Kensdale has developed into a top centre half at this level. But if the right offer comes in for either we have to be ready and in a place to accept. That’s why we continue to buy players in positions we don’t need, succession planning.

I’ll be gutted to see the back of all of these players given what they have done for this club but I will wish them all well and hope they have hugely successful careers wherever they end up.
I agree but because of the embargo he is nearly out of contract I’d rather lose him for free in summer than say 50k now.

Let’s hope dw progresses this week him n hc up top promotion is on

I agree but because of the embargo he is nearly out of contract I’d rather lose him for free in summer than say 50k now.

Let’s hope dw progresses this week him n hc up top promotion is on
But the model is supposed to be in place to help the club grow sustainably to a goal of being back in the football league. That 50k (I think this is a made up number though isn’t it) could be reinvested into another 2-3 players who could improve the team more than simply having one player. That’s the balance the football department have to find though. If they deem offer negligible and not worth it for the prospect of having Cardwell for the remainder of the season then that’s on them and I trust their judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back