• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a fair comparison.

Eastwood and Waldron would only be stepping up 1 division and have a good team and management around them.

Good ship stepped up several divisions and had a succession of managers around him who were dreadful.

Never under estimate the coaches role in player progression, and the environment in which a player can flourish. Goodship had neither of those.

Spot on with the coach influence Tommy, the real Tom Hopper has emerged since the Cowleys arrived at Colchester just a few days ago, they really believe in him and are playing to his strengths and he is a different player.

Spot on with the coach influence Tommy, the real Tom Hopper has emerged since the Cowleys arrived at Colchester just a few days ago, they really believe in him and are playing to his strengths and he is a different player.

We, at Southend knew that Tom Hopper is a good player. He was excellent for us.

I guess it was more about his injury and how much of his game was lost after it.

Pleased that he is starting to show his worth.

If a player wants to try his luck at a higher leauge Why should a chairman or his agent stop the move though greed .I know a small club has to get the best sell on possable But if they are holding out for 50% .I cant see many clubs in our leauge agreeing to such a high amount for a player who is 27 .And doesnt play full fime football .

If a player wants to try his luck at a higher leauge Why should a chairman or his agent stop the move though greed .I know a small club has to get the best sell on possable But if they are holding out for 50% .I cant see many clubs in our leauge agreeing to such a high amount for a player who is 27 .And doesnt play full fime football .
Rushall are trying to get the best deal for the club, which is exactly what we would want our club to do if we were about to sell our most prized playing asset. We don't know exactly what the negotiations are and what's holding things up.

That's not a fair comparison.

Eastwood and Waldron would only be stepping up 1 division and have a good team and management around them.

Good ship stepped up several divisions and had a succession of managers around him who were dreadful.

Never under estimate the coaches role in player progression, and the environment in which a player can flourish. Goodship had neither of those.
you get the gist though, just doesnt work out for some players, you can never guarantee a signing will be a success, look at mooney, flagship signing.

Id also argue that despite banging them in where he was, goodship just simply wasnt good enough for league football.

If a football league club wanted one of our lot, would you be holding the door open for them to leave, or trying to get the best money you could for Southend?

Exactly that. Forget all that he is nearly 28 nonsense (the peak of male fitness). If he joins us and scores 10 goals on the way to the play-offs. He would become a £200,000 player for someone in the EFL by May. Same if he has good season in 24/25.
But say we look to sell in 2 years, hardly attractive proposition for buyers - certainly not in terms of large fees.

In my opinion anyways. Cant blame Rushell, but at the same time not sure this is really the right clause. Pile on the "goals scored" or "promotion bonuses" rather than worrying about a sell on.

But say we look to sell in 2 years, hardly attractive proposition for buyers - certainly not in terms of large fees.

In my opinion anyways. Cant blame Rushell, but at the same time not sure this is really the right clause. Pile on the "goals scored" or "promotion bonuses" rather than worrying about a sell on.
If JS and Kev thought the same then we would offer them 75% sell on and he would have been already signed.

Only on shrimper zone is a 29 year old target man who can also create his own
chances not worth much. Cold easily have another 5 years at NL or above if he does well for us.

Tommy2 Holes has already stated a fee has been agreed ,it has been said before Waldron has agreed terms and wants to come here and that its only Rushall holding it up wanting a larger sell clause, and seriously speaking Rushall cannot really argue that they are the ones that have put the time and effort in to get him where he is ,has i believe he only signed for them last June 23 ,so onl been there 7 months

I think we are all hung up on the age thing tbh, previous terrible signings and crocks.

if 70% of the squad are young up n comers and %30 are in their prime seems like the perfect balance to me.

lets say in a dream world we get 3 seasons out of Waldron and he just happens to help us to a promotion or two. good business....

A lot of Kevs approach seems to be modelled on the Tilson era, (formation aside)

I'd certainly take a spinner and a goater :)

as others have said if he had a good second half of the season with us, plus a good next season, it we didn't go up in that time its likely offers of £100k may come along from L2 or L1 as he would still only be 28 I think? To a part time club getting £30k / £40k of that as a sell on would be huge.

It’s got nothing to do with an agent, and it’s not a chairmen trying to stop his move through “greed”.

The Club has a valuation for all their players. We do, Barnet do, Man City do, everyone does.

Rushall have set a valuation on Waldron, like all their players. We will have what we value him to be, like we will for all our targets. The selling Club want as much money as they can, and the buying club want to buy him as cheap as possible. Same as buying a house, as the house sale thing was mentioned when buying the Club.

The link above suggests Exeter want Cardwell. Exeter are higher up the pyramid than us, so should we bend over and take whatever Exeter was to pay because he would be back in the EFL? Or, should JR, TL et all try and get the best possible deal for us?

Waldron has been allowed to speak to us, and personal terms have been agreed. There are one or two issues to be ironed out between the Club, but huge progress has been made over the last 72 hours. I don’t think we’ll see him tonight, but by the weekend isn’t out of the question (nor is tonight to be honest).

Every Club up and down the Country want goalscorers, and that elusive 20 goal a season man. So when one Club has one, his value is more than a centre half, or a full back for example. Rushall are looking long term. IF Waldron came here and hit 10 between now and the Summer, then hits the ground running next season, Clubs will want him and Rushall want to be paid for that, and rightly so.

Equally, he could come in and be a flop and get released at the end of his deal.

The system of grabbing lower league talent, developing them and then moving them on (for the right deal) looks like it could be working.

If Exeter want to cough up £100k-150k with some add ons then we would consider it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back