• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
The system of grabbing lower league talent, developing them and then moving them on (for the right deal) looks like it could be working.

If Exeter want to cough up £100k-150k with some add ons then we would consider it right?
With his contract coming to an end, a free transfer with a sell on fee would be a decent middle ground for both clubs

6 months left on his deal. No way they pay that unfortunately

Don't forget they got a very big pay out when they sold Ollie Watkins and again when a percentage was due when he got sold on.

If they offer anything over 100k then I think we'd accept.

We can't be overly hypocritical.

I'm confident Cardwell will sign a new contract.

If Exeter came in before, when players wasn't being paid on time and he said [KM's words] he doesn't want to leave. Now that things are looking up, I don't see why that would change.

I'm confident Cardwell will sign a new contract.

If Exeter came in before, when players wasn't being paid on time and he said [KM's words] he doesn't want to leave. Now that things are looking up, I don't see why that would change.
Also when Exeter are heading towards League One whipping boy status, if he plays there will be a lot of pressure on him to score the goals that win enough points to stay up. And that in a side that spends a lot of time defending.

His press at the front will be part of the attraction for Exeter, but will he be so effective - from day one, which they need - in League One? It’s a gamble and I’m not sure it’s the best move at this time really.

It depends what Harry’s view is of the financial rewards on offer (are they significantly better), and whether the contract length on offer brings a degree of medium term security, and also whether he believes the football department there have a balanced outlook on what he can achieve and will help him develop/support him properly.

Also when Exeter are heading towards League One whipping boy status, if he plays there will be a lot of pressure on him to score the goals that win enough points to stay up. And that in a side that spends a lot of time defending.

His press at the front will be part of the attraction for Exeter, but will he be so effective - from day one, which they need - in League One? It’s a gamble and I’m not sure it’s the best move at this time really.

It depends what Harry’s view is of the financial rewards on offer (are they significantly better), and whether the contract length on offer brings a degree of medium term security, and also whether he believes the football department there have a balanced outlook on what he can achieve and will help him develop/support him properly.
And of course it won't have escaped his attention that we could be playing them next season .....

And of course it won't have escaped his attention that we could be playing them next season .....
Absolutely - and I’d say in that scenario I’d personally rather be playing in our team than theirs.

Clubs on the up have momentum and salaries suited to the division / growth, having come from the league below, so we may be more able to invest in our team whereas Exeter will be constrained to an extent by some League One salaries (parachute payments notwithstanding).

We, at Southend knew that Tom Hopper is a good player. He was excellent for us.

I guess it was more about his injury and how much of his game was lost after it.

Pleased that he is starting to show his worth.
Yes he has put a nice piece in the local Gazette saying how much influence the Cowleys have had already, as you say he was always a quality player, Danny Cowley said he couldn’t understand why he wasn’t getting a regular start. We shall see how things pan out, now I will shut up posting Col U stuff on this thread!

Last edited:
Only on shrimper zone is a 29 year old target man who can also create his own
chances not worth much.

Still not the worst take I’ve ever heard on here though.

Remember the days when people wanted to get rid of Stephen Humphrys and his 1 in 3 goal ratio, simply because he didn’t track back enough?

Or when some people wanted rid of John White, years before he captained us to a playoff final win?

Or when some people wanted to see the back of Tilson because he said “rub of the green” a lot in interviews

Gower needed to go because he couldn’t dribble and his crosses were often miss hit

Dan Bentley couldn’t catch a cold

Maher couldn’t pass forward

Harry Phillips was the next big thing

And my personal favourite… Johnny Herd needs to play because he has a long throw. This was such a bone of contention, that it was actually brought up and asked at an AGM(?), at the same time the fans were there demanding answers from Ron Martin as to his financial mismanagement of the football club.

Absolutely love SZ. It’s simply the best in the business.

Still not the worst take I’ve ever heard on here though.

Remember the days when people wanted to get rid of Stephen Humphrys and his 1 in 3 goal ratio, simply because he didn’t track back enough?

Or when some people wanted rid of John White, years before he captained us to a playoff final win?

Or when some people wanted to see the back of Tilson because he said “rub of the green” a lot in interviews

Gower needed to go because he couldn’t dribble and his crosses were often miss hit

Dan Bentley couldn’t catch a cold

Maher couldn’t pass forward

Harry Phillips was the next big thing

And my personal favourite… Johnny Herd needs to play because he has a long throw. This was such a bone of contention, that it was actually brought up and asked at an AGM(?), at the same time the fans were there demanding answers from Ron Martin as to his financial mismanagement of the football club.

Absolutely love SZ. It’s simply the best in the business.
As a fan base we have always been blessed with those that have opinions that can question one's own sanity let alone challenge your personal views. Also contradiction is normally lost on the contributor. So it has always been and is the nature of things wherever football fans come together! I have read and heard many an opinion that I have felt is complete and utter 💩 over the years and no doubt some of mine have equally been as warmly welcomed ! Long may it continue 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back