• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all very true. But unless the offer meets a certain level his value here until the summer is higher than the value offered. In which case he can come back, bang in more goals and get an even better move IF that is what he wants. We assume we know what players want. Look at Ralph. He absolutely could play in the EFL but even stayed on non-contract terms. All sorts of things motivate players and its not always just money or playing in the EFL. I have no idea what Cardwell's thoughts are but thus far he has seemed pretty keen to stay put.
plus he moved in the summer to somewhere in the Bas area (so I'm told)

Lets just hope we can sign Waldron before saturday's game and he ends up being one of best late developing stikers in European football ever, scoring 300 goals in 300 games for Southend, in the process leading us to the Premier League.
Dont forget selling him on for £25m when he's 31 so Rushell get a decent 50%

In all seriousness though.... if he is that good won't we just buy out the sell on clause like loads of clubs did with us... Brentford and Bentley springs to mind and Dru Yearwood?

So just get the deal done or move on we need to support the attackers we have as they need extra bodies to lift the burden

In all seriousness though.... if he is that good won't we just buy out the sell on clause like loads of clubs did with us... Brentford and Bentley springs to mind and Dru Yearwood?

So just get the deal done or move on we need to support the attackers we have as they need extra bodies to lift the burden
Even if a club was willing to do that (I'm assuming the reason we sold those clauses was because we were skint rather than because it was a good deal for us), the asking price for buying a 20% clause back is going to be less than the asking price for a 50% clause.

It's also going to depend on how well he's doing. If we offer to buy back the clause and he isn't pulling up trees we might be able to do it cheaply because Rushell might not want to risk getting nothing if he goes on a free. If we try and buy back the clause because offers and coming in though then Rushell aren't going to give up their 50% share of the profit just because we asked nicely.

Rushall Olympic accepted the bid from us - no one else has made an offer as far as I'm concerned, although Kidderminster have enquired. They're still working away on it behind the scenes and the move remains on.

Trolling is the best way of describing it. Conscious of not going too off topic, I do feel the National League's treatment of us has been appalling. Perhaps they're keen for us to remain in the league for the revenue and publicity we bring as one of the 'big'/traditional Football League teams currently in the League.

A few people have messaged me asking about a post concerning Noor Husin moving on given he is out of contract in the summer - no truth whatsoever.

As indicated previously, Kensdale & Cardwell are the only two players out of contract in the summer that do not have options for an extra year. The club's focus is on extending the contracts of those two players. I imagine if Exeter were to go in for Cardwell again it'll be a minimal fee offered, much smaller than the offer made in the summer. Their current striker leading the line has scored 2 goals in 5 games since returning from being out on loan. They are just above the drop though. At this stage, it is my understanding no bid has been made by them.

Husin, Lomas, Wood and Powell all had no mention of club options when their signing was reported so will be good news if the first two in particular have options. Wood is an interesting one and that may depend on whether there is a plan for a B team or not.

Husin, Lomas, Wood and Powell all had no mention of club options when their signing was reported so will be good news if the first two in particular have options. Wood is an interesting one and that may depend on whether there is a plan for a B team or not.
Would say Wood would be better off out on loan in NL or NLN/NLS rather than sitting in our B team, if one was created.

Are Vanarama still trolling us, such pricks…

Rushall Olympic accepted the bid from us - no one else has made an offer as far as I'm concerned, although Kidderminster have enquired. They're still working away on it behind the scenes and the move remains on.

Trolling is the best way of describing it. Conscious of not going too off topic, I do feel the National League's treatment of us has been appalling. Perhaps they're keen for us to remain in the league for the revenue and publicity we bring as one of the 'big'/traditional Football League teams currently in the League.

A few people have messaged me asking about a post concerning Noor Husin moving on given he is out of contract in the summer - no truth whatsoever.

As indicated previously, Kensdale & Cardwell are the only two players out of contract in the summer that do not have options for an extra year. The club's focus is on extending the contracts of those two players. I imagine if Exeter were to go in for Cardwell again it'll be a minimal fee offered, much smaller than the offer made in the summer. Their current striker leading the line has scored 2 goals in 5 games since returning from being out on loan. They are just above the drop though. At this stage, it is my understanding no bid has been made by them.

So should I stop refreshing today ?

Not really RHB. There is already plenty of evidence over the delayed signing of Waldron. Clearly not our fault as they want a deal blocking 50% sell on.

Then there's calls for Sandat to be sent back. Or why develop another teams player etc. Henry arrived when we could barley name 11 players. He has won us our las 6 points and but for a linos flag v Barnet it could have been more. We are not doing Henry favour he is doing us the favour......Whilst so far having different partner every game.

Then we have Collin should be sent on loan to part timers in the NLS rather than getting good coaching from Dave Martin. Morton won't be fit enough and Dackers doesn't score 1 in 2.

Most of us trust JS, Kev & co and clearly so do the consortium. Who ever they choose most of us will be looking for there attributes and give our full support.....Others will look up pointless stats and sneer before they even see them play.

Thats not a dig at you or any mods. As you often post everyones entitled to an opinion. I agree with that......Even if its total b******s
Agree - the only thing I would say is it’s not a question of fault- yes they want 50% sell on- but how big is the upfront fee? I’m sure if we offered more up front then the sell on could be negotiated down. It’s not our fault if we feel they are asking for more than he’s worth, by the same token it’s not theirs if they feel we are not offering what he is worth and can get more. Nor is it the players fault if the above is true even though he has agreed terms (he could be putting pressure on though, maybe he is, we don’t know. Depends how desperate he is for it to get sorted).

I assume however we are urgently pursuing the next couple of names of the whiteboard as plans B and C.

But there should be no blame as the club are clearly pursuing players that we approve of. It’s would be easier to pursue players no-one else wants and that their clubs desperately want rid of…I think something arguably we have tried more than once in the past…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back