• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find any information on them chasing Waldron?
Nothing really. They seem to have been tipped off by shrimperzone and are drawing conclusion we have, that it comes down to if he wants to stay local.
Sounds like they have shelled out a lot recently too on one player so may not want to get into a bidding war.
They had apparently watched him under the previous management though.

Yes, Brandon Goodship is an example of a striker who struggled at a higher level.
But is banging them in at the level below us. I took in the Weymouth vs Weston-Super-Mare game on New Years Day and he was by far the best player on the pitch. Scored 2 and passed the ball to the player that assisted with the goal.

He went up 4/5 leagues into a team that was managed by Bond, Campbell, Molesley (who was out of his depth) and then Brown. Never stood a chance in a team that wasn't creating the chances.

I do wonder if we had a different approach to things back then whether his time at the club would have been different.

But is banging them in at the level below us. I took in the Weymouth vs Weston-Super-Mare game on New Years Day and he was by far the best player on the pitch. Scored 2 and passed the ball to the player that assisted with the goal.

He went up 4/5 leagues into a team that was managed by Bond, Campbell, Molesley (who was out of his depth) and then Brown. Never stood a chance in a team that wasn't creating the chances.

I do wonder if we had a different approach to things back then whether his time at the club would have been different.
Pleased to hear that he is doing well and no doubt enjoying his football again.

As I understand it, originally the deal wasn't clearly documented in respect of a sell on clause but most other stuff was agreed. We then offered 20% and then they wanted 50%. I don't know where it's got to. He could be another godship or a diamond! Who knows!.
The step up is sometimes a step too far. Look how Murphy and Hyde are hanging them in now. And all of a sudden hydes never-ending hammies aren't so bad! h
It took cards and GSM a while to adjust, and sometimes desire comes into it.
on the back of (eg) 3 straight losses, -1 degrees, a bit of grief from fans, it's surprising how long a hamstring can play up mentally. We're as opposite as you can get in the current players minds. They're all up for every game even when carrying niggles.

As I understand it, originally the deal wasn't clearly documented in respect of a sell on clause but most other stuff was agreed. We then offered 20% and then they wanted 50%. I don't know where it's got to. He could be another godship or a diamond! Who knows!.
The step up is sometimes a step too far. Look how Murphy and Hyde are hanging them in now. And all of a sudden hydes never-ending hammies aren't so bad! h
on the back of (eg) 3 straight losses, -1 degrees, a bit of grief from fans, it's surprising how long a hamstring can play up mentally. We're as opposite as you can get in the current players minds. They're all up for every game even when carrying niggles.
In John still will trust tho?

Last chance saloon spurs some on.

Maher's latest injury update suggests that Harry is not far off being back at the table. That being so, I reckon we could be close to saying 'Thank you, but no thank you'. It really does depend on how much we want the bloke. He really can't be our only target, and if this drags on, then bin it I say.

Maher's latest injury update suggests that Harry is not far off being back at the table. That being so, I reckon we could be close to saying 'Thank you, but no thank you'. It really does depend on how much we want the bloke. He really can't be our only target, and if this drags on, then bin it I say.
Was thinking the same way. If they want to play silly bugers , they can peck off and we move on. They will know we are keen and have a new Consortium with cash, but wont be knocked up. Theres enough major talents in our Consortium well used to negotiations, so I will trust in their judgement as they will know when to pull the plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back