• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as simple as that.

It's a chance to stay in his current job(possibly) and get better wages at a bigger club where he doesn't have to move.

Coming to roots hall means leaving his home. Leaving his job. Essentially starting a new life as a pro. He isn't a spring chicken so it's a big deal for him.

I still think he will chose Southend but you never know.
Kidderminster are full time I think so wouldn’t keep his job… I might be wrong tho

I’ll be happy if he signs for us as have faith in JS/KM when scouting a player but won’t be unhappy if he chooses Kidderminster as we only want players here who are 100% committed and that will show he isn’t committed.

Sign Waldron and extend Sandat till the end of the season and I think that ls some good business untill the summer 💪🏻

Anyone else we can bring in with an eye for next season will just be a bonus, but I don't think we need to break the bank and force some signings in now.

There will be plenty of free targets available in the summer and I'm sure the club will be primed to snap them up instantly.

A summer transfer window with this set up?

I'm practically salivating 🤤

Sign Waldron and extend Sandat till the end of the season and I think that ls some good business untill the summer 💪🏻

Anyone else we can bring in with an eye for next season will just be a bonus, but I don't think we need to break the bank and force some signings in now.

There will be plenty of free targets available in the summer and I'm sure the club will be primed to snap them up instantly.

Agree with this. Luckily for us there isn't a transfer window so if an opportunity to bring someone in with an eye on them being ready for next season we can take it, but with the additions you've said, unless we have injuries, we should be alright.

Neither Sandat or Dackers will score enough goals to help us sneak into the play offs. We need a regular scorer in addition to Cardwell as the midfield don’t score many goals. For me Dackers is a back up to Cardwell. So we need 2 goal scorers, hopefully Waldron is one but we need another too!
Josh Walker, Burton Albion , known by JS and Kev

There will come a point where its 1 in 1 out, I really cannot see Kev (or Tom for financial prudence) wanting to have a huge squad, and as it stands I can see 3 players going out on loan next season ! If no B or u23/21 team is established, which personally I'd say should only happen once back in EFL.
Proven goalscorers have made the difference at Wrexham, Notts county, Stockport, Chesterfield,
Quality up top rather than quantity is the only way out of national league!

Looking at the Kidderminster site there fans are not to pleased with Brown To quote them he is a failer he could not keep us up .He left barrow under a cloud Wouldnt mind putting a bet on if and when kidders go back dow he will jump ship again .Just hope Waldron has his head screwed on and comes to us .

Looking at the Kidderminster site there fans are not to pleased with Brown To quote them he is a failer he could not keep us up .He left barrow under a cloud Wouldnt mind putting a bet on if and when kidders go back dow he will jump ship again .Just hope Waldron has his head screwed on and comes to us .
PB is more likely to lose the dressing room than keep them up !

I know, obviously, it's up to the player and moving to full time is a big deal but for this deal to have taken so long and then to get done last minute by Kidderminster would really show the level we have sunk to.

I said a few months ago that I was surprised we’ve not heard more people talking about Aaron Jarvis at Torquay. On his way back from an injury now, perhaps not too far off a return. Still only 25 and a proven goal scorer in this league. I’d be considering getting him in now with a view to completing his return to fitness so he can acclimatise this season ready to bang 20 in and fire us to promotion alongside Cardwell next season.

@londonshrimper. any chance??

I've been doing a bit of digging about Danny Waldron

Waldron (27 y/o) is now in his second spell at Rushall Olympic, in his first spell he scored 48 goals in 125 appearances before moving to Leamington FC in August 2020,

Their manager said about Waldron who was then 24 "Danny has established himself at Step 3 and the challenge now for him is to push on and establish and test himself as a National League player. He's got all the tools - he's two footed, he's a good size, he's got that change of pace and gets his fair share of goals... he's got all the attributes that are needed. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he grows at this level."

In July 2021 Waldron left Leamington FC for Alvechurch in order "to seek more regular football"

In July 2023 Waldron re-signed for Rushall Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back