• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is either right for us or not. We are a big club. Big fan base, ambitious and with a good young management team. We create **** loads of chances so he should be able to come in and score for fun. Most of that does not apply to kiddie.

It’s a decision between his football ambition or personal circumstances. Can understand if he chooses one or the other. It’s hard for these non league players but his age we could be his last chance of a crack at EFL football

Won’t lose sleep over it as know there are others we are after but be surprised after all the work gone in and the fact that he has agreed personal terms etc if he doesn’t sign for us
Agreed. Not surprised other clubs are in for him but Phil Brown…for goodness sake!

Also I am sure if he doesn’t come there will be other options come up. We know from previous experience that these part time players don’t generally come in and hit the ground running as they don’t have the fitness levels needed for full time football. So possibly there will be better options as well.

Remember, Kev and the team are looking for hungry ambitious players who match the mindset of the current squad. If Waldron chooses Kiddie (taking into account their current position) over us, then he’s not the type of player we wanted anyway. If that’s the choice he faces and chooses them then I won’t lose sleep over it. Personally, I think he’ll be with us on Tuesday night and he’s going to be worth the wait 👍👍

If he has no ambition he would sign for a club going back from where he has come from .If he wants his Carterton move on then he will sign for us .The balls in his court

Hearing Kidderminster have made an eleventh hour bid for Danny Waldron. Phil Brown wants him as he tries to avoid relegation..

He wants the move to Southend, but wouldn’t have to move geographically if he went to Kidderminster as he’s already based in the West Midlands.
This sounds like a big spanner in the works potentially. Doh 😖

Has the trail on Josh Walker gone cold? He sounded like a great option as well.

I’d be shocked if we brought him in.

Orient are sniffing around, plus Clubs in League Two. Similar situation to Harrison Neal.

Might feel he has already done National League after his spell with Daggers, and if he has interest higher up, he’ll take that I’m sure.

I’d be shocked if we brought him in.

Orient are sniffing around, plus Clubs in League Two. Similar situation to Harrison Neal.

Might feel he has already done National League after his spell with Daggers, and if he has interest higher up, he’ll take that I’m sure.
That’s fair. I wouldn’t blame him for that.

If he has no ambition he would sign for a club going back from where he has come from .If he wants his Carterton move on then he will sign for us .The balls in his court
Is it solely down to the player to decide? What if Kiddie has out bid us and his club no longer wish to sell to us?

It's not necessarily that straightforward for him especially if he has a young family and responsibilities. Hopefully it would work out for him with us but there are no guarantees - to relocate and give up his other job is not an easy decision.

I’ll be completely honest, I didn’t see that post from that Twitter account. Usually that account posts some drivel, but I did get told the news about Kidderminster and it is genuine.

It appears not having to move is the only thing in their favour. He wants the move to Southend and is very hopeful it’ll be sorted tomorrow 👍🏼

No, linking Kidderminster with Ranger, that will be drivel.

I can believe about Kidderminster & Waldron, but I’m very confident he’ll be our player. Who knows, if he signs before Wealdstone, it might put another 1,000 on the gate 😂

It's not as simple as that.

It's a chance to stay in his current job(possibly) and get better wages at a bigger club where he doesn't have to move.

Coming to roots hall means leaving his home. Leaving his job. Essentially starting a new life as a pro. He isn't a spring chicken so it's a big deal for him.

I still think he will chose Southend but you never know.

It's not as simple as that.

It's a chance to stay in his current job(possibly) and get better wages at a bigger club where he doesn't have to move.

Coming to roots hall means leaving his home. Leaving his job. Essentially starting a new life as a pro. He isn't a spring chicken so it's a big deal for him.

I still think he will chose Southend but you never know.
Exactly as a pro- you have that desire or you don’t. Suspect he does but he will decide based on his own priorities. My guess is nothing has changed, he will come and do all he can to grab that opportunity. As did Gus who thought his chance at pro football wouldn’t happen and it hasn’t too badly for him :-)

I imagine he's gonna be on around 1k a week. Two and a half 3 years on that.....yeah he'll sign up for that. Relatively big club....be part of something special at a club about to go on a tear......yeah he'll sign.
A couple of good years he will still be 29 and the potential of a big contract will still be there…especially as a CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back