• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
A ten minute clip which shows at least 30 seconds of players trudging back to the halfway line after each goal but very little build up play.

The main thing he’ll bring is confidence. He’s someone we should start immediately and hope he scores early.
Like I said, it comes with caveats and balance, but you surely can't fail to acknowledge the positive attributes shown when scoring his goals?

Like I said, it comes with caveats and balance, but you surely can't fail to acknowledge the positive attributes shown when scoring his goals?
Attributes which with full time training, great coaching from the Amigos (who have amply demonstrated their collective ability to help players develop and improve) and playing among a stronger squad with greater quality we should all be able to enjoy watching in the months and years to come.

I don't know whether these videos have been posted yet.

For balance: I don't want to get too excited or expectant over goals scored at National League Regional level, and obviously the videos only show goals and not other elements of his game, but I did see some qualities that I (and I suspect Kev) really want to see in an additional striker:
  • Pace
  • Strength
  • Good footwork
  • Good and instinctive finisher
  • Strong with (and not at all afraid to use) his 'weak' foot
  • Good movement - through the middle, in the box and down the channels.
  • Right place at the right time (the 6 yard box!)
  • Energetic - can press high and from the front
Again, only 10 and 2-minute clips, but I can definitely see why he's been on the radar for a while and watched pretty extensively by our network, and why we've stuck with it whilst Rushall were being difficult.

I wouldn’t say they have been.

They want a fair price for their most sellable asset, and want part of any future success he has. We’d be doing the same for one of our players if a bigger club than us came in for them.

We want to get players for as little outlay and bonuses as possible, and they want as much as they can get through all avenues. I have no problem with that. I’d be disappointed if we just rolled over and let a big club tickle our tummies whilst we let them have one of our players on the cheap.

Hard to take much from that 10 minute clip - there wasn’t much action in it as it was mainly after the goals. I wanted to see more of the build up play to get a better handle on it. That’s a comment on the edit not the player!

Good to say that it looks as though the average age of our growing squad is coming down. There was a time over the years, when the Rat, and the then Manager, seemed to agree that the best strategy was to employ elderly has beens who were looking for one last decent pay day. …….who often then had a few games before collapsing onto the physio bench with injuries.
Looking at other clubs who have been playing at similar levels, the more progressive ones who had most success, have often been the teams with a younger squad…. Balanced by a couple of older heads.
Hopefully the days of picking up expensive, high maintenance old crocks is a thing of the past.

Good to say that it looks as though the average age of our growing squad is coming down. There was a time over the years, when the Rat, and the then Manager, seemed to agree that the best strategy was to employ elderly has beens who were looking for one last decent pay day. …….who often then had a few games before collapsing onto the physio bench with injuries.
Looking at other clubs who have been playing at similar levels, the more progressive ones who had most success, have often been the teams with a younger squad…. Balanced by a couple of older heads.
Hopefully the days of picking up expensive, high maintenance old crocks is a thing of the past.
I think a lot of high maintenance old crocks will be heading to Kidderminster over the next few days

Are we still trying to get Josh Walker in from Burton?
For me he’s a fish out of water there and would fit us like a glove.
26 years old excellent record. good player IMO him and Waldron would complete our squad, ready for playoffs, promotion and EFL next season. COYB, UTB :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :Footballer:
I was just going to ask the same question. Would he amazing to get him in too but I can't see it happening.

The one thing that does not require to much over thinking here is the fact the guy is obviously an instinctive, natural finisher! Predatory outside the box and has the nack of being in the right place at the right time when in it! Will he relish the service into the box here? undoubtedly. Will he make the step up? I feel he will, more importantly Kev and boys do! DW is a prime example of a player who doesn't make the brake through early, life outside football moves on, family, mortgages and bills a normal day job becomes necessity and playing and earning part time a great bonus. I have a good feeling about what he can bring to us, a bit of diamond and arguably as not in the 'rough' as some might think.

Agree, keep Sandat. If we have 4 forward options, we have the ability to go a crazy run. Personally think we need a sub keeper and then we are done.
If we are able to keep Sandat fine, but don't forget Jack Wood. He arguably was playing out of position up front, but he is really going to struggle for game time. Jack is still a young lad learning the game and won't improve by not playing. If Sandat is kept and I am not sure we now need to help develop another Club's youngster, then at the very least Jack should go out on loan again.

If we are able to keep Sandat fine, but don't forget Jack Wood. He arguably was playing out of position up front, but he is really going to struggle for game time. Jack is still a young lad learning the game and won't improve by not playing. If Sandat is kept and I am not sure we now need to help develop another Club's youngster, then at the very least Jack should go out on loan again.
Sandat is better than Wood. If the aim is to try and sneak into the play offs then we shouldn’t hesitate to extend Sandat’s loan for the sake of Wood getting more game time.

It would be worth seeing if we can get Wood a loan at this level to see if he can actually perform above the NLS. Maybe someone near the bottom like Ebbsfleet or Oxford City would be able to give him some game time.

Last edited:
Sandat is better than Wood. If the aim is to try and sneak into the play offs then we shouldn’t hesitate to extend Sandat’s loan for the sake of Wood getting more game time.

It would be worth seeing if we can get Wood a loan at this level to see if he can actually perform above the NLS. Maybe someone near the bottom like Ebbsfleet or Oxford City would be able to give him some game time.
Not a bad shout tbh

Jack did have a successful loan spell at Tonbridge last season, but playing in his preferred midfield position. Obviously we are now quite strong in that area as well. He just needs to be playing somewhere. Perhaps Aveley would be an option, they worked for Benton and Coker.

Granted that Sandat is a forward, but even his game time will be limited once Cardwell is playing again. Although missing the official announcement, would seem that Waldron is coming to us, Kevin has some interesting permutations available

Neither Sandat or Dackers will score enough goals to help us sneak into the play offs. We need a regular scorer in addition to Cardwell as the midfield don’t score many goals. For me Dackers is a back up to Cardwell. So we need 2 goal scorers, hopefully Waldron is one but we need another too!

Neither Sandat or Dackers will score enough goals to help us sneak into the play offs. We need a regular scorer in addition to Cardwell as the midfield don’t score many goals. For me Dackers is a back up to Cardwell. So we need 2 goal scorers, hopefully Waldron is one but we need another too!
Agee with your post. I do think if Waldron does sign that would be our last signing until the end of season.
To get another striker + Waldron would just be so lush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back