• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearing Danny Waldron has agreed terms with the club and has informed his work of his desire to go full-time as a professional footballer.

Seems big progress has been made in the negotiations with Rushall Olympic’s Vice-Chairman, Nick Allen, who has been holding out for the best possible deal for their most prized asset.

The clubs are working to the deal being done in time for Tuesday night’s game, watch this space.. 👀

Kane Crichlow scored 5 today for Bishops Stortford in a 6-1 win against Aldershot in the FA Trophy

23 years old, ex-Wimbledon - worth a look?
I guess that must be this guy? He's only 5' 3"! Also seems to be a midfielder. He must have something about him, but he doesn't appear to have played much football for someone 7 months from their 24th birthday:

Not writing him off before he's potentially signed, but anyone else a bit concerned about Waldron? More so fans expectations.

He's what... 27/28? And a part time player. Think its a big ask to step up to full time and perform at a higher level.

Not writing him off before he's potentially signed, but anyone else a bit concerned about Waldron? More so fans expectations.

He's what... 27/28? And a part time player. Think its a big ask to step up to full time and perform at a higher level.
He's just turned 27 in November, so he's in his prime. As we know there are many examples of late developers going on to have great careers - two obvious examples everyone knows are Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy but there are countless others.

By now I think we've learned that we can trust our football department to pick a player 🙂 They haven't got many wrong so far!

If he's a natural goal scorer then no.

certainly a rough diamond, but nurture him at first with 30 mins off the bench to get him up to speed with the way we play and pace of the game at this level, will pay dividends, I'm sure.

By the time we get to the business end of the season, he could be our not so secret weapon.

It has recently been rumoured that we have shown interest in Luke Jenkins and Jermaine Francis both of Chelmsford City. I saw Chelmsford lose 1-0 to Wealdstone in the FA Trophy today. Jenkins, who played in a back three was IMO Chelmsfords best player by far, very composed and his passing was excellent, this player would be a good signing. Francis had an OK game but not outstanding today. By the way, Wealdstone were nothing special and we should be able to beat them on Tuesday.

I saw Chelmsford lose 1-0 to Wealdstone in the FA Trophy today. By the way, Wealdstone were nothing special and we should be able to beat them on Tuesday.
I hope your right, but i never take anything for granted at a game. ( Flyde at home for example ).
However, on paper, playing them twice in a week sandwiched between Altringham at home & then Chesterfield away after, are the easiest 2 games of the 4?.

He's just turned 27 in November, so he's in his prime. As we know there are many examples of late developers going on to have great careers - two obvious examples everyone knows are Ian Wright and Jamie Vardy but there are countless others.

By now I think we've learned that we can trust our football department to pick a player 🙂 They haven't got many wrong so far!
Yup, very much believe that and posted the same earlier in the week (or before) when people were slagging off rumours of Hopper.

If they think Waldron is the right player, then I'm good with it - I was just trying to say our fans should be cautious of expecting too much too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back