• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting regarding Waldron. Maybe someone can explain to me. He is 27, 28 in May this year. Stepping up to NL level for the first time in his career (please tell me if I’m wrong here). So completely unproven. The very earliest I would expect him to move on should he join would be summer 2025 by which point he will be 29 years old.

I have no idea how good he is but are Rushall seriously expecting a 29 year old with 1 season at NL level to suddenly be so good he would attract a fee worthy enough of needing a sell on clause? Am I missing something?
Yes , you are missing the caps for England sell on clause , always holds these deals up

Although as I see Dackers as an emergency stop gap for now. And much needed, I hope the recruitment team doesn’t give up on a permanent striker like Waldron.
I think if we have aspirations of promotion we need to look beyond Dackers.

Thanks Smiffy, I agree they are usually standard. But this isn’t a young up and coming striker but a player probably getting his big break in the later part of his career. I just think it seems an odd thing to hold up this transfer if the fee is already agreed. Appreciate your reply though, cheers.
Totally agree. He isn’t a young lad coming through the ranks. But, he is one of the top bagsman in the National North and he should be coming into his prime about now. Anyone who bags goals regardless of age, will attract a premium. Be that upfront or in a percentage sell on.

I guess Rushall probably view him as their most valuable asset. Will his sale cost them relegation? Could they replace him with another decent striker to keep them up?

Looking at their position in the table (4 points above the drop) and the impact Waldron has on the team (scored 14 of their 34 goals) it could be viewed that selling him is a death sentence in terms of their NLN survival. Especially halfway through the season.

In short, they are bound to play hard ball given their situation. But, it’s a risky one, as could the player in question start to get a bit twitchy and become unsettled. Guess we will find out soon.

Although as I see Dackers as an emergency stop gap for now. And much needed, I hope the recruitment team doesn’t give up on a permanent striker like Waldron.
I think if we have aspirations of promotion we need to look beyond Dackers.
Really interested in why. He scored at a rate of one in two for us, signed at league level and still very young. He could be great business if he signs at end of season and goes on to develop further.

Although now worried that @Shrimpergonzo might reprimand me as he's a signing not a rumour.

Interesting regarding Waldron. Maybe someone can explain to me. He is 27, 28 in May this year. Stepping up to NL level for the first time in his career (please tell me if I’m wrong here). So completely unproven. The very earliest I would expect him to move on should he join would be summer 2025 by which point he will be 29 years old.

I have no idea how good he is but are Rushall seriously expecting a 29 year old with 1 season at NL level to suddenly be so good he would attract a fee worthy enough of needing a sell on clause? Am I missing something?
Not sure it’s the sell on clause causing the issue, rather than additional performance/appearance related payments.
In the end by the end of the window he will have gone somewhere I suspect.

Still sort of on topic…but a slight offshoot of it.

As we start to spruce up Roots Hall I hope there’s some kind of tribute to this group of players and coaching staff included in the plans to permanently remember the role they played in saving our club.

Some kind of mural on a wall of the stadium listing all their names and an explanation of just WHY they are so revered. Because we all know but the very nature of a football club is new generations come though and something like this will ensure that those future generations will always know too.
:Off Topic:

It’s not “sort of on topic”!

This is the Transfer Rumours thread!

(Nice idea though, so I moved it to a thread of its own!)

Dackers should start today and hopefully we won't shy away from pumping long to use his height option.

You may recall his flick on for Powell's goal in his first game at Chesterfield. Colin hits it down the middle, big lad flicks on to his striker partner who runs on and finishes a 1v1. The most simple goal in football from your own keeper.

Sandat is just the man to play off the last shoulder from those flicks. Lets hope `Kev isn't shy when comes to using that move.

And please JB get the ball in early to give Dackers a chance.......Just like Powell did for Dackers goal at Chesterfield in the same game.

Oh and stop quoting pointless stats when posting about a target man. There is a lot more to consider.

Dackers should start today and hopefully we won't shy away from pumping long to use his height option.

You may recall his flick on for Powell's goal in his first game at Chesterfield. Colin hits it down the middle, big lad flicks on to his striker partner who runs on and finishes a 1v1. The most simple goal in football from your own keeper.

Sandat is just the man to play off thee last shoulder from those flicks. Lets hope `Kev isn't shy when comes to using that move.

And please JB get the ball in early to give Dackers a chance.......Just like Powell did for Dackers goal at Chesterfield in the same game.

Got to have a Plan A, B and C at any level of football. Dackers provides options at both ends of the field - will help in defending corners/free kicks which can not be overlooked. Good signing with minimal downside risk.

When it comes to Messrs Dackers and Sandat, I think I will judge them by how they are performing together from now, rather what they may, or may not, have done before playing together. That way my opinion will not be pre-judgemental. It will probably be wrong as well, as that is the way with most of us on here.

Isn’t there already a thread for Dackers ? I saw another 3 pages on transfers and thought we had someone else lined up
Love the thread police ! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back