• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I previously said, if we have aspirations of promotion. We have to look at better players than Dackers, he is not the answer to our striker problems beyond the next few weeks.
As a temporary stop gap yes, but we need better quality than Dackers. I know Dackers is here until the end of season and then he will go back to Salford. Who says he will be a regular starter if we sign one or two better strikers?
If the club at the end of season don’t sign better players than Dackers, too me they are showing lack of ambition or money or perhaps both.
I do hope Dackers can do a job for us but for me the jury is out.

When you say better player.

Who are you referring to?

Dakkers had a loan with us previously. He scored 3 in 6.

Who exactly is going to come in with a better than 1 in 2 ratio. Also he was 19 then and has matured, with still much to learn.

I'm sure we felt we needed better when we signed Eastwood from Grays or Corr from Exeter.

Sometimes it just clicks.

I don't disagree that we need different types of strikers. We certainly need a very pacey and tricky striker. But if we continue this season with Cardwell fit, Powell fit, Sandat end of season and Dakkers end of season, we will be fine.

Having said that , we all know that the management have said they are in negotiations with a club for further signings.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another face before Wealdstone on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Aaaah...we are in the heady days of transfer views and debates. These are good days to have.

Banter...comparisons...dreams and aspirations. This is what we have missed...and what we are now enjoying again. COYB's!

Any more rumours out there? :Smile::Smile:

Totally agree with all the positive comments on Dackers. Let him bed in first.

3 in 6 in three different games last time and we were in a worse place than now. That's only one goal less than Kanu, but we had some moaning that Kanu only scored in one game. Oh and while we are at it, when Dack was here last time, the consortium wasn't heard of, Ratty was still in charge, court appearances were a plenty and we were struggling big time and Dack came when others wouldn't! We bandish compliments a plenty to the squad and what they have achieved, but have we forgotten that Dack also played a part, although smaller, probably in our lowest ebb. He was gutted too to have to leave, so come on people, we have a player who wants to be here, the three Amigos and JS want him here and rate him. We are now in a position where we can chose and don't want to split the squad by bringing in the wrong type of players, we want players now who want to be here and will have pride in representing this club.

Well just take a second and reflect on Dack, because that's exactly what he is. He has bought Goals before and he will again, so reflect a bit more please, because we just might have bought a gem in here and now we have time to round off a few rough edges.

He just might broaden our smiles over the next couple of months.

As I previously said, if we have aspirations of promotion. We have to look at better players than Dackers, he is not the answer to our striker problems beyond the next few weeks.
As a temporary stop gap yes, but we need better quality than Dackers. I know Dackers is here until the end of season and then he will go back to Salford. Who says he will be a regular starter if we sign one or two better strikers?
If the club at the end of season don’t sign better players than Dackers, too me they are showing lack of ambition or money or perhaps both.
I do hope Dackers can do a job for us but for me the jury is out.
Only a Sith speaks in absolutes!

Jokes aside, can't agree with this.

Whilst it's in the job description of a football fan to question the judgement of the manager and to think we know better - I've certainly done it in the past, and with good reason, IMO - I think the current management team have a lot of goodwill in the bank thanks to the character and quality that they've brought in.

They've turned around a toxic playing side at the club, and are clearly trying to embed an identity and certain mix of personalities.

So they have my trust on this.

Dackers is still young, can improve under 3 excellent technical coaches, and possibly have resale value if he joins permanently.

He brings something different too.

Lots to be said for him being a bit of a nomad, too. Some youngsters relish loans and really develop/shown what they can do. MD has been shipped around on relatively short loans. Perhaps he needs somewhere to settle and feel wanted. See Lee Barnard.

Kane Crichlow scored 5 today for Bishops Stortford in a 6-1 win against Aldershot in the FA Trophy

23 years old, ex-Wimbledon - worth a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back