• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any scenario where kev doesn't offer a contract to those players that have literally endured and fought with everything they have?
How can they not be extended.
Yes absolutely. We have limited budget and need to control squad numbers.

If a player is not likely to be playing next season because we're bringing in better then it's best all round if they're released and allowed to build their career elsewhere

When does Waldron's contract expire? I'd say once Cardwell is back, we have decent options up top so can we not wait until the summer and get Waldron on a free?

In that regard, if Rushall need money, they'd be foolish to drag this out until then. Rushall may realise soon that they've ballsed this up - now we've signed Dackers we're no longer desperate for Waldron.

When does Waldron's contract expire? I'd say once Cardwell is back, we have decent options up top so can we not wait until the summer and get Waldron on a free?

In that regard, if Rushall need money, they'd be foolish to drag this out until then. Rushall may realise soon that they've ballsed this up - now we've signed Dackers we're no longer desperate for Waldron.
Understand what you're saying, but I don't think we were ever desperate to sign him

I just think he was top of our list at that particular time and if he's not available, then I'm sure John Still and his team have other targets that will work well.

It may just be the case of waiting until the summer to get the players we need and just ensure we stay up this season.

Understand what you're saying, but I don't think we were ever desperate to sign him

I just think he was top of our list at that particular time and if he's not available, then I'm sure John Still and his team have other targets that will work well.

It may just be the case of waiting until the summer to get the players we need and just ensure we stay up this season.
Quite agree, but it seems RO thought we may have been and were applying the squeeze - well that card is no longer playable

I do think we have to be careful bringing in new faces.
We have such good team spirit and togtherness that a wrong personality or 2 could destroy.
I'd be happy for that to be it for now; at most 1 more.

At least Dackers is known in the dressing room.

You can't buy what this squad have built between them, but you can tear it down very easily.

ell that's the 15:00hrs marker been and gone and nuffink! Next stop 17:00hrs.

Yes absolutely. We have limited budget and need to control squad numbers.

If a player is not likely to be playing next season because we're bringing in better then it's best all round if they're released and allowed to build their career elsewhere
I know....just a bit sentimental about this lot.

I do think we have to be careful bringing in new faces.
We have such good team spirit and togtherness that a wrong personality or 2 could destroy.
I'd be happy for that to be it for now; at most 1 more.

At least Dackers is known in the dressing room.

You can't buy what this squad have built between them, but you can tear it down very easily.
By the look of Crowther and Morton, don’t think we need to worry.

Is there any scenario where kev doesn't offer a contract to those players that have literally endured and fought with everything they have?
How can they not be extended.

Wrong place to discuss who stays and who goes in the summer, still plenty of football between now and then, but I’ll be honest, when the “released” list is announced, if anyone is on it, their departure will hit hard.

This group of players deserve so much credit and praise, and if there was such a thing as sentiment in football, which there isn’t, they’d have jobs for life here. Unfortunately, as is the nature of the beast, some will move on and it’s going to be hard. Some might leave through their own choice with a bigger offer coming in, but someone whose contract isn’t expired will be tough to take. Understandable, but tough.

Wrong place to discuss who stays and who goes in the summer, still plenty of football between now and then, but I’ll be honest, when the “released” list is announced, if anyone is on it, their departure will hit hard.

This group of players deserve so much credit and praise, and if there was such a thing as sentiment in football, which there isn’t, they’d have jobs for life here. Unfortunately, as is the nature of the beast, some will move on and it’s going to be hard. Some might leave through their own choice with a bigger offer coming in, but someone whose contract isn’t expired will be tough to take. Understandable, but tough.
Here, Here.

This crop of players is phenomenal.
Regardless of your thoughts on them, their resilience, commitment and performances against the last year and a half's drama and struggles deserves our upmost respect

If any player does leave and returns playing in another clubs colours, I sincerely hope our fan base is respectful enough to welcome them back and applaud them as their name is read out just before the game.

100%

Maxwell Statham at Dartford would be a great fit at RWB and give Gus good competition. Spoke about him before the season started and in the most recent issue for the All at Sea fanzine.

In John Still we trust 🤞🏼
Interesting regarding Waldron. Maybe someone can explain to me. He is 27, 28 in May this year. Stepping up to NL level for the first time in his career (please tell me if I’m wrong here). So completely unproven. The very earliest I would expect him to move on should he join would be summer 2025 by which point he will be 29 years old.

I have no idea how good he is but are Rushall seriously expecting a 29 year old with 1 season at NL level to suddenly be so good he would attract a fee worthy enough of needing a sell on clause? Am I missing something?

Interesting regarding Waldron. Maybe someone can explain to me. He is 27, 28 in May this year. Stepping up to NL level for the first time in his career (please tell me if I’m wrong here). So completely unproven. The very earliest I would expect him to move on should he join would be summer 2025 by which point he will be 29 years old.

I have no idea how good he is but are Rushall seriously expecting a 29 year old with 1 season at NL level to suddenly be so good he would attract a fee worthy enough of needing a sell on clause? Am I missing something?
Sell on clauses are pretty standard, especially for strikers who have chipped in with a few goals at any level. It’s the percentage demanded that could be slowing things down.

I believe 10-20% (of sell on profit) would be pretty standard. Anything above that less so.

Sell on clauses are pretty standard, especially for strikers who have chipped in with a few goals at any level. It’s the percentage demanded that could be causing a problem.

10-20% (of sell on profit) would be pretty standard. Anything above that less so.
Thanks Smiffy, I agree they are usually standard. But this isn’t a young up and coming striker but a player probably getting his big break in the later part of his career. I just think it seems an odd thing to hold up this transfer if the fee is already agreed. Appreciate your reply though, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back